Voulhire - the real story behind

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
A Y reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-y-reviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Re: Voulhire - the real story behind

Post by A Y reviews »

Voulhire is a depiction of any normal city in one real world. It is rich and prosperous, but there are lots of political water running under the bridge. We have just taken a peep at it, the other parts of the series will reveal more.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Bits Of Inkling wrote: 11 Oct 2020, 10:52
raluca_mihaila wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 07:49 Even from the beginning of the book, I wondered about the real story behind this perfect kingdom. It seemed too perfect to be true... :eusa-think:
I am so curious about its history, its foundation, and what's the secret behind its success.
I'm sure the Emperor of Lullabies has something to do with it, don't you agree?
I think no. The Emperor of the Lullabies started the war in the Lands of the Princess, he is wicked. Such peace in Voulhire is possible with the right leadership. However, there will always be people who would try to destroy peace like the Riva Rohavi. You can find some answers to your question on the 2nd book.
Well, I read the second and the third book, but they created even more questions. I think the author is giving us the information in small pieces, and has a lot or surprises in store for us. So we should be patient and keep in mind all the possibilities :)
_claudi_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claudi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by _claudi_ »

I will describe Voulhire as a beauty on the outside with a bit of ugliness inside. The power and control makes Voulhire imperfect.
Prudence Emillian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerrypru.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Prudence Emillian »

It did seem strange to me that the kingdom of Voulhire flourishes in terms of wealth and peace while on the other side the powerful Emperor of Lullabies does little to nothing to interfere with it. Despite this, I still don't think that the kingdom's great success should be credited to the Emperor of Lullabies.
shravsi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Crime and Punishment
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shravsi.html
Latest Review: Sam the Chosen by Wally Jones

Post by shravsi »

As someone who has read until the sixth book, I can assure you, most of these will be explored further in the series.
The history of Voulhire, its kings, its administration, its people everything will be explained. Voulhire is not so perfect as it seems from the outside.
Sarah Schmidt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vine Witch
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-schmidt.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Post by Sarah Schmidt »

The introduction we have to Voulhire so far seems to just be the tip of the iceberg. With all the cities mentioned from Galen's time on the boat, I wonder if the story will take us through all of them in this level-up like fashion. Maybe it'll circle back around to Galen's home country with the Emperor of Lullabies acting like a final boss.
Ndiviwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Ndiviwe »

I found myself thinking the same thing. If its too good to be true then it is most likely not true. I think the kingdom's history has a tale to tell. Its continued prosperous success may be founded in betrayal and acts of selfishness, which may have resulted in enemies such as the Riva Rohavi.
EReid
Currently Reading: Dune Novel
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ereid.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by EReid »

I remember it was hinted at in the book that part of the reason behind Voulhirre's success was because Caromentis had favored it or aligned with it somehow. I thought that was very interesting.
I wish you a kinder sea --Emily Dickinson
Vivian Jabeya
Favorite Book: Tales of the Seventies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-jabeya.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Vivian Jabeya »

raluca_mihaila wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 07:49 Even from the beginning of the book, I wondered about the real story behind this perfect kingdom. It seemed too perfect to be true... :eusa-think:
I am so curious about its history, its foundation, and what's the secret behind its success.
When I read the first chapters of the book, I shared the same sentiments as you. Voulhire was too perfect to be true. However, as I continued reading the book, I realised that Voulhire has it's own flaws. There are wars, social differences and deceit. I would love to find out Emperor Lullabies role.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

hmm, I do think the author will explore the world more. I don't think this series is the end. Plus along the book we get snippets about the Emperor. I do think we need to know about the pre-events. It is a possibility that the author may write a prequel, or a sequel.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Sarrikoziol
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarrikoziol.html
Latest Review: House of Cuts by June Gillam

Post by Sarrikoziol »

This is what I am talking about in some of my posts. Everyone is so quick to judge and condemn Meldorath. There are so many variables playing in this book we cannot really be sure who is doing what at all times. For all we know, the Emperor of Lullabies tipped off the Riva. His focus is mainly on the quarreling of his sons and the islands they each have; however a good King and Emperor will know what's going on around them. The reason Voulhire may be at peace is because of the war in the Land of Princes.
Misguided angel means bad with good intentions
Swollen Members
iammiape
Favorite Author: Jacob Emrey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iammiape.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 10640

Post by iammiape »

I don't think the Emperor of Lullabies contributed to the prosperity of Voulhrie. Since according to Voulhire's scholars, King Saint Idus founded Voulhire, and I believe that King Idus led the advancement of Voulhrie without the interference of the Emperor. However, this information maybe lacking truthfulness so the probability of the Emperor's involvement in Voulhire's success is feasible.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”