Antagonist and Protagonist.

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
Akshi Porwal
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akshi-porwal.html
Latest Review: The Heat Is On by Afzal (Al) Sovani

Re: Antagonist and Protagonist.

Post by Akshi Porwal »

I think that Lord Eldus was the good guy and there were mutiple bad guys including rova rohavi and chancellor maido
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Janet Kimetto »

Lord Eldus was a really good guy, same as Galen. The Riva Rohavi and Lord Meldorath were the bad guys. If you give no thought to hurting others to get what you want, that makes you bad.
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Rachel Gillig, One Dark Window
Josephe-Anne
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

Meldorath was definitely painted as the bad guy, but there was so much more to him than meets the eye. I would like to find out more about his disagreement with King Wilhelm. But yes, the Riva Rohavi were definitely villains for slaughtering so many innocent people in Hillport. Other villains include Midius Maido and the old biomage. Galen, King Wilhelm, and Lord Eldus were assumed to be the good guys.
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
Aashu Chaudhary
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aashu-chaudhary.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Aashu Chaudhary »

I think Galen and king of Voulhire both can be put in the category of the good guys. When it comes to bad guys I think Riva and Meldorath both must be considered. Meldorsth was involved in the attack on Hillport for sure. He visits there and asks the servant's head if all are dead. That's simply stating that he was working with Riva.
Asja Šabani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asja-sabani.html

Post by Asja Šabani »

As many before me said, in the 'good guy camp' go Galen and maybe Marshus (I just have a god feeling about this guy); the antagonist are, of course, Riva Rohavi.
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html

Post by Olomofe »

In this book Riva and Meldorath serve as the antagonists while the city of Voulhire is the subject of attacks, so it is the protagonist
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

Larkspur wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 10:30 Who did you think was the good guy in the book? I thought it was Galen for how good, kind, forgiving and generous he was. What about the bad guy? I would say the Rival Rohavi because Meldorath doesn't do anything worse than the Rival Rohavi due to his imprisonment. What are your views?
I thought Galen to be the Protagonist of the novel and Meldorath the antagonist, I feel that Rival Rohavi is more like Meldorath's evildoers. They carry out Meldorath's intentions, first by attacking Hillport.
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Hot Potato by Marty Katz

Post by Mayang Bature »

This book has shown that there are a lot of grey areas. I think Galen is a good guy though but as for bad, I have no idea who will suddenly change. It might be Alderman's son, of even king Wilhelm.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

Larkspur wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 10:30 Who did you think was the good guy in the book? I thought it was Galen for how good, kind, forgiving and generous he was. What about the bad guy? I would say the Rival Rohavi because Meldorath doesn't do anything worse than the Rival Rohavi due to his imprisonment. What are your views?
I couldn't agree anymore. Galen was the protagonist and Meldorath was the antagonist. I believe there would be an epic showdown between them in the coming series of Voulhire.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

Galen is the protagonist and generally a good guy, however he doesn't have a concrete enemy now. Meldorath the antagonist didn't do much because he is in prison. So now I'd was Riva is the antagonist and Eldus is the protagonist, unfortunately, the antagonist wins this time.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”