Special Delivery

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Special Delivery

Post by Manang Muyang »

Lord Eldus was surprised to receive a delivery of stones before the attack on Hillport. What are your thoughts about those stones? Will they be significant? I presume those stones are the same as the stone that Galen and Rowan bought. I have a feeling it was Meldorath who ordered the delivery.
Reader 05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-05.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Reader 05 »

Miriam Molina wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 15:53 Lord Eldus was surprised to receive a delivery of stones before the attack on Hillport. What are your thoughts about those stones? Will they be significant? I presume those stones are the same as the stone that Galen and Rowan bought. I have a feeling it was Meldorath who ordered the delivery.
I agree, I also think that Meldorath ordered the delivery, perhaps it was part of his plan to distract Lord Eldus, or maybe it was for some other use.

:techie-studyinggray:
Martina A J
Favorite Author: Terry Pratchett
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-a-j.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 2791

Post by Martina A J »

I am convinced Meldorath knew about the rocks and plotted the delivery as part of his plan regarding Caromentis. He wasn't surprised when he saw them, but no one else knew anything about them except Beth. I suspect they will play an important role in the next book.
Krista Ash
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krista-ash.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Krista Ash »

Reader 05 wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 00:42
Miriam Molina wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 15:53 Lord Eldus was surprised to receive a delivery of stones before the attack on Hillport. What are your thoughts about those stones? Will they be significant? I presume those stones are the same as the stone that Galen and Rowan bought. I have a feeling it was Meldorath who ordered the delivery.
I agree, I also think that Meldorath ordered the delivery, perhaps it was part of his plan to distract Lord Eldus, or maybe it was for some other use.

:techie-studyinggray:
Meldorath probably ordered them while he was Lord of Hillport before he knew that Eldus would soon take his place. I don't think they were a distraction to Eldus, although perhaps they have properties that allowed Meldorath to "haunt" Eldus.
luchi123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchi123.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by luchi123 »

The stones are a missing piece of the puzzle, which I would like to find in the subsequent books. I think they would be worth a lot of money and would link Galen in some way to power.
Krista Ash
Currently Reading:

Post by Krista Ash »

luchi123 wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 12:14 The stones are a missing piece of the puzzle, which I would like to find in the subsequent books. I think they would be worth a lot of money and would link Galen in some way to power.
It will be interesting to see what Galen will do with these stones, and what Demetrius will tell him about them. Perhaps Galen will end up forging a weapon out of the stones. I also wonder if the stones are the real reason why Demetrius is sticking around, or if Demetrius will become one of Galen's close friends.
MariaLivaniou
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Favorite Book: City of Bones
Currently Reading: Captive Prince
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robinbennet.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by MariaLivaniou »

I ma not really sure what part in the story they will play, as we were not given much information on them, but
I am sure it will be a big one. Unknown elements are always the center of attention.
Eutoc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eutoc.html
Latest Review: My Ups And Downs by Sam Barder

Post by Eutoc »

I can't tell if those stones are the same with the one Galen has. Because they are always out of the picture when there's an attack. I used to think that anyone who wields those stones is automatically a target for attack by either Meldorath or Riva Rohiva
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Of course, they will be significant! All the details are important in the series, however small and meaningless they might seem. So pay attention, everything happens for a reason :)
_Bokeh
Favorite Book: The King of May
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bokeh.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by _Bokeh »

I believe the stones have an important role to play. I'd agree with the person that suggested Meldorath had ordered them prior to his demotion.
Krista Ash
Currently Reading:

Post by Krista Ash »

Eutoc wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 02:09 I can't tell if those stones are the same with the one Galen has. Because they are always out of the picture when there's an attack. I used to think that anyone who wields those stones is automatically a target for attack by either Meldorath or Riva Rohiva
The stones are the same as Galen's stone. The mage Galen and Rowan met at the mining camp was the one who brought the delivery to Hillport. It is an interesting coincidence (at the very least) that Meldorath and the Riva attacked soon after the delivery was made. Perhaps Meldorath was waiting for the shipment?
Yearly Joy Besoy
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yearly-joy-besoy.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Yearly Joy Besoy »

The special delivery made before Hillport was attacked is in my opinion, plays a significant role in the books to come. That is to say, the one who will be the first to unravel the mysteries that is hidden inside will have a headstart in the upcoming game.
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html

Post by Sou Hi »

Krista Ash wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 16:05
Eutoc wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 02:09 I can't tell if those stones are the same with the one Galen has. Because they are always out of the picture when there's an attack. I used to think that anyone who wields those stones is automatically a target for attack by either Meldorath or Riva Rohiva
The stones are the same as Galen's stone. The mage Galen and Rowan met at the mining camp was the one who brought the delivery to Hillport. It is an interesting coincidence (at the very least) that Meldorath and the Riva attacked soon after the delivery was made. Perhaps Meldorath was waiting for the shipment?
Yes, you're right about the stones' origin, and I think that mage was Siden. It's all Meldorath's doings for his bigger plan. By the end of the book, Meldorath asked Beth, and she confirmed the rocks had some connection with Caromentis, meaning they held some special power for his needs. As for the attack, that's not a coincidence. Meldorath knew the Riva was coming. Most likely, the far watcher's message delivered to the Riva was from Meldorath. And right before the attack of the Riva, Meldorath said to Eldus 'I have to kill you'. This means Meldorath fashioned the onslaught from afar, borrowing the Riva's hands to indirectly conquer Hilport.
Bits Of Inkling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bits-of-inkling.html
Latest Review: Awakening by Tayma Tameem

Post by Bits Of Inkling »

Yes. That stones were bought by Galen and Rowan. I believe it is a magical stone because the man who brought it is a mage as mentioned by Rowan. I'm quite sure the stone has a greater purpose.
A Y reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-y-reviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by A Y reviews »

It's easy to see that Meldorath knew about the rocks and and it is all to do with his plans for Caromentis. One could see he wasn't in the least taken by surprise .

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”