Special Delivery

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Re: Special Delivery

Post by Manang Muyang »

I can't help but think Excalibur. And Galen himself will forge it. Ooh, the suspense is killing me.
Taiwo_Olawoye
Currently Reading: OldEarth Aram Encounter
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1femi1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Taiwo_Olawoye »

The stone is most likely ordered by Meldorath and I believe it has an important part of the puzzle in this story though unable to properly place it for now. I'll be looking out for how this puzzle is soled in the next book.
Fozia RYK
Currently Reading: Scalpels Out
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Fozia RYK »

Meldorath realized the Riva was coming. No doubt, the far watcher's message conveyed to the Riva was from Meldorath. What's more, just before the assault of the Riva, Meldorath said to Eldus 'I need to murder you'. This implies Meldorath molded the invasion from a remote place, acquiring the Riva's hands to in a roundabout way overcome Hilport.
Neverlandgirl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neverlandgirl.html
Latest Review: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom! by Trish Ostroski

Post by Neverlandgirl »

I felt the same, I assumed that it was ordered by Meldorath and the rocks were the same ones found by Rowan and Galen.
nangel04
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nangel04.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by nangel04 »

I too feel like Meldorath had something to do with this delivery. These stones are both powerful and mysterious, just like he is....
In the beginning was the Word...John 1:1

Reason and love keep little company together nowadays. ~Shakespeare; A Midsummer Night’s Dream
EReid
Currently Reading: Dune Novel
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ereid.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by EReid »

I think Meldorath ordered the stone, too. I wonder if he plans to use it to somehow gain access to Caromentis.
I wish you a kinder sea --Emily Dickinson
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

That confused me. It's most probably Meldorath. He has a huge influence outside the island. He had probably staged the entire thing.
I also think it's going to play a big role later on. Most probably with either the other worlds or getting more power.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Vivian Jabeya
Favorite Book: Tales of the Seventies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-jabeya.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Vivian Jabeya »

Miriam Molina wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 15:53 Lord Eldus was surprised to receive a delivery of stones before the attack on Hillport. What are your thoughts about those stones? Will they be significant? I presume those stones are the same as the stone that Galen and Rowan bought. I have a feeling it was Meldorath who ordered the delivery.

The stone are significant. The female servant who worked in the palace in Hillport knows about them. They are the same stones that Rowan and Galen bought. However, I doubt whether Meldorath ordered the delivery. It must have been the mage at the mines who delivered them.
iammiape
Favorite Author: Jacob Emrey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iammiape.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 10640

Post by iammiape »

Miriam Molina wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 15:53 Lord Eldus was surprised to receive a delivery of stones before the attack on Hillport. What are your thoughts about those stones? Will they be significant? I presume those stones are the same as the stone that Galen and Rowan bought. I have a feeling it was Meldorath who ordered the delivery.
Meldorath's reaction when he saw the rock was very difficult to resolve. I'm unsure if he have initial knowledge about the rock or he doesn't. Nevertheless, since Beverly mentioned that the rock isn't easy to find in Caromentis, much more in the Cosmos, I think it's significant especially in things that have to do with Caromentis. Like opening a portal leading to Caromentis, maybe?
Mahak Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahak-sharma.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Mahak Sharma »

I think that it was Meldorath who ordered these stones. And perhaps that mage who delivered them was also teamed up with him. Possibly it was the reason that Beth arrived in Meldorath's castle or maybe it's a direct link to the world of Caromentis.
MarcellaM
Currently Reading: Grey heart
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-a.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by MarcellaM »

I still do not understand the significance of this stones yet. The fact that they are now in possession of Meldorath and also Galen points to the fact that the story behind the stones is a great one. I also think Meldorath will also not use this stone extensively since the stone is already under study.
Mason Garrod
Currently Reading: Uncommon Poems Common People
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mason-garrod.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Mason Garrod »

I don't think we have enough information in the first book to really have much of an idea, but I'm fairly sure the person who delivered it to Eldus was the mage that Galen encountered in Arcovia. We seem to be yet to see what this guy's motivations and goals are, I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty more of him down the line
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Janet Kimetto »

I believe the person who delivered the rocks is the mage who was at the mines when Galen and Rowan were, and that he was working for Meldorath. I also believe Meldorath had them delivered to Castle Hillport because he'd engineered the attack on Hillport. He was going to move in, so it made sense to have them delivered where he'd be. I don't yet know what the rocks do, but I can't wait to find out.
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Rachel Gillig, One Dark Window
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Hot Potato by Marty Katz

Post by Mayang Bature »

I'm also curious as to what those stones mean in the story development. What would Galen and his friends find out about it?
Adekeye Hassan musab
Currently Reading: My Other Half
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adekeye-hassan-musab.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Adekeye Hassan musab »

Yes it was meldorath who made the order as he said so in the end of the book. I think the stone has a great deal to do in the upcoming installments and I loved how galen has been able to get his hands on one.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”