Will the princes make peace amongst themselves?

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
Eutoc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eutoc.html
Latest Review: My Ups And Downs by Sam Barder

Will the princes make peace amongst themselves?

Post by Eutoc »

The land of Princes is war-torn not because of the feud between the lands, but the gets between the princes. This means that the incessant wars in these lands would come to an end when the grief is no more between these brothers.
What are your thoughts about the princes? Do you think they would reconcile? Are they being immature by putting the lives of the villagers at stake?
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

I think it is not a simple matter of putting their egos aside. The Emperor is just as guilty as them for creating such a complicated situation, and I suspect there is more to that situation than a fight for power. But I would like to know more about the princes!
a_r_egerton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-r-egerton.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by a_r_egerton »

Given that the Emperor of Lullabies set up the situation in the first place, I can readily imagine he would do his best to thwart any attempts at reconciliation. He wants the princes to fight each other to take their attention off of him. Given that, the princes will only make peace between themselves if the Emperor decides it is somehow to his benefit.
Teele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teele.html
Latest Review: More Hype Than Glory by Tom Hyde

Post by Teele »

I don't think they would reconcile. Their quest for power would make that impossible. Even if their father should die, they would probably still fight each other to gain superior power.
shamayelnur
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shamayelnur.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by shamayelnur »

I guess the pride of the princes might be a hinder to their reconciliation. It is not easy to let go of power when you are in the princes' postition. Though it was not right I think the princes might have a hard time to let go of power.
Miraphery
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miraphery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Miraphery »

Reconciliation between the princes will not be easy. The struggle for power is not easy to resolve and their father isn't helping matters at all.
Krista Ash
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krista-ash.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Krista Ash »

I am a bit confused by the introduction. Being placed on island shouldn't affect the princes' ability to work together. Why wouldn't they just continue to plot against the emperor? I'm not sure if they can reconcile since I am unsure why the conflict began. I do believe that they are being immature, though, for endangering their people's lives.
MariaLivaniou
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Favorite Book: City of Bones
Currently Reading: Captive Prince
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robinbennet.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by MariaLivaniou »

I don't think they would ever reconcile. All of them have one goal: the throne, and until they achieve that I don't think there can be peace between the lands. War is a very tricky thing, before you know it can grown into an obsession and is what I think has sadly happened with the princes.
Tayejim1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tayejim1.html
Latest Review: Manning Up:(PoesyEssays Of Women's Interest) by Mr.Bigmann Grier

Post by Tayejim1 »

It is highly unlikely that the brothers could ever make peace. They are greedy without natural affection. Even if they make a pretence of making peace, it would only be for a short while. Each would want superior power, that is why they planned to do away with their father.
Vine Michael
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vine-michael.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Vine Michael »

Theur father, the emperor, wedge a wall too deep within them for there to be any change. In my opinion I don't think the war will end. Besides, if the war ends I think the book was lose some of its appeal..
OB Brian
Currently Reading: Shame Off You
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ob-brian.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventure by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by OB Brian »

Eutoc wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 01:38 The land of Princes is war-torn not because of the feud between the lands, but the gets between the princes. This means that the incessant wars in these lands would come to an end when the grief is no more between these brothers.
What are your thoughts about the princes? Do you think they would reconcile? Are they being immature by putting the lives of the villagers at stake?
I think not. Their war has been engineered by their father. Besides their ego won't allow them. Then, having been at war for that long, I doubt they trust each other enough to make and uphold peace. I would not trust a rival, call it paranoia.
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by viczboy16 »

I don't believe there would be any reconciliation until the Emperor of lullabies decides he wants to step down and the odds that he would step down is very low. The war was staged by the emperor to distract his sons from overthrowing him.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Reader5698
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader5698.html
Latest Review: The Onion Picker: Carmen Basilio and Boxing In The 1950s by Gary B. youmans

Post by Reader5698 »

I think it is highly unlikely that the princes will reconcile. None of them has proven to be a worthy ruler by putting the safety and well-being of their subjects first. I think their struggle is for absolute power and nothing is going to change that. An alliance is probably only an option if it is the last resort and all other resources have been exhausted.
emeraldlaurice012
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeraldlaurice012.html
Latest Review: Poetic Thoughts of a Young Lion in the Asphalt Jungle by Steven Ederson Sr

Post by emeraldlaurice012 »

I don't think it's in the future for them to reconcile given what we already know about the Lands of the Princes. All of them are full of greed that I don't see any one of them letting decades of that war go.
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Post by Menace Crypto »

I don't think they would be able to reconcile, because as you've said, it's a matter of ego and I think pride, so even if one suddenly decides to put them aside the others would still take advantage of the situation.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”