Will the princes make peace amongst themselves?

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
mariana90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana90.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Re: Will the princes make peace amongst themselves?

Post by mariana90 »

I found them to be more of a plot device than actual characters. Remains to be seen if they appear in the other books or not.
Krista Ash
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krista-ash.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Krista Ash »

Nonny2208 wrote: 10 Oct 2020, 05:59 I don't think they would be able to reconcile, because as you've said, it's a matter of ego and I think pride, so even if one suddenly decides to put them aside the others would still take advantage of the situation.
I agree. Now that the war has been started, I don't think it will stop until either one of the princes wins or an external threat makes them join together.
Georgephilips
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-georgephilips.html
Latest Review: Finding Jehovah by Azrael Levi

Post by Georgephilips »

I don't think they would reconcile until they find the superiority they are vying for! Their father, Emperor of lullabies had really hatched a perfect plan
GatugiM
Currently Reading: Project Tau
Bookshelf Size: 187
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gatugim.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by GatugiM »

I don't think the princes can reconcile. They all crave power. I doubt if anyone of them would be willing to give their areas up. Remember the main cause of conflict is that each of them wants to be the sole heir to their father's land
JeanyJean
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeanyjean.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by JeanyJean »

The thirst for power and the sense of pride may stand in the way to the princes reconciling
Pamela Bianca Mas
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Drank the Moon
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pamela-bianca-mas.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
Reading Device: B00TREI0F2

Post by Pamela Bianca Mas »

Reconciliation is easier said than done. If they go as far as putting the villagers at risk, I don’t think they will just stop prancing around and kiss and make up. Unless someone comes on top, these princes will continue this war.
Pamela Bianca Mas
Loads Rails
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zinda-lukman.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Loads Rails »

You can not say that the princes are immature. They put the lives of villagers into war because they are not humans. These wars can stop when their father, the emperor of Lullabies, dies. But I think these wars are still continuing.
houligan19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houligan19.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by houligan19 »

I don't think the princes would ever be able to reconcile. Their own father is the one encouraging the war, he would know how to further push his sons.
It seems like if one prince wasn't being greedy, and chose not to fight, he would just be wiped out by the others.
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

There is not enough information, so it's unsure why the Princes suddenly turned on each other. Initially, they were working together, so the Emperor must have used some methods to make them fight. Still, I feel like these Princes are more like puppets of the Emperor, living according to their father's will. Their existences are very faint and unimportant. Unless the Emperor wishes otherwise, it's most likely nothing would ever change.
Wesley Friday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesley-friday.html
Latest Review: Bar Maid by Daniel Roberts

Post by Wesley Friday »

I do not think the princes will make peace among themselves. At any moment where the princes make peace among themselves, the resultant effect will be the advancement of their territory and finally a bid to overthrow the Emperor. It must be noted that the emperor started it all because he wanted to eliminate any competition from his sons, thus anything that will bring the princes together will be sabotaged by the Emperor. The only way the princes may make peace is if a third party destroys the Emperor since it is his nightynights which are being used as vessels of war in the land of the princes. However, this will bring about another power wrestle as the 4 princes might aim to lay claim to the Emperor's powers after his overthrow. Peace among the princes can take many turn arounds before it comes into being.
Mys_Trea
Currently Reading: Seconds to Live
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mys-trea.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by Mys_Trea »

I honestly do not see a reconciliation anywhere in the works for these two princes. If only they had more guidance on how to treat each other, but the King is simply not steering them in that direction. I believe the allure of power will make it quite difficult for the two to see eye to eye.
"She remembered who she was.
And then the game changed."
Mys_Trea
Currently Reading: Seconds to Live
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mys-trea.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by Mys_Trea »

I honestly do not see a reconciliation anywhere in the works for these two princes. If only they had more guidance on how to treat each other, but the King is simply not steering them in that direction. I believe the allure of power will make it quite difficult for the two to see eye to eye.
"She remembered who she was.
And then the game changed."
AnnOgochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogochukwu.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by AnnOgochukwu »

Ha! Fat chance. Unless perhaps, the Emperor of Lullabies is conquered. The was has really eaten into the islands., I doubt those lands would ever be the same.
Live and let live, baby.
Kazak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kazak.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Kazak »

Nonny2208 wrote: 10 Oct 2020, 05:59 I don't think they would be able to reconcile, because as you've said, it's a matter of ego and I think pride, so even if one suddenly decides to put them aside the others would still take advantage of the situation.
Even if they were to put their egos aside, I'm not saying they would, I think the emperor of Lullabies would just find another way for them to not reconcile.
emidio125
Favorite Book: Tortured in Ashram
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emidio125.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by emidio125 »

I believe that in next books, we may come across a situation where they will need to unify their powers to fight the same enemy "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" and may be it will force them to get along with each other.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”