Does the Emperor of Lullabies do it on purpose?

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Re: Does the Emperor of Lullabies do it on purpose?

Post by zainherb »

Maybe the Emperor of Lullabies is so devious as to want people to flee to neighbouring countries since he knows he will take all those countries under his rule anyway. He seems to be that kind of character.

Or maybe, he just likes watching the world in chaos as his own personal entertainment and he doesn't really care about peace or progress of anyone, including that of his sons.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

I think most of the answers above pretty much covered it. But, I would like to add that people who live on these islands won't try to escape. I believe it is mentioned in the book that people would not be able to survive alone in the waters. The people who live on the island arent as educated anyway. They lack proper means.
It's just an idea. I think if the author decides to expand on the world we might find out more.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
iammiape
Favorite Author: Jacob Emrey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iammiape.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 10640

Post by iammiape »

Claire Riddle wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 23:20 When reading 'We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies' I was wondering if the Emperor of Lullabies did it on purpose: he is a powerful person with great magical powers. He must know that people of the Lands of the Princes flee away to other lands. Why doesn't he try to stop them when he could do it? :eusa-think: I think he let his people settle in the neighbouring countries because he's going to take those countries under his control, sooner or later. What are your thoughts on this?
I don't think people are fleeing from the Lands of the Princes since there are existing obstacles from migrating to other lands. Firstly, it's difficult to maneuver on the very rough sea water, and they don't have the skill. Secondly, does the other lands even accept refugees? Their best resort to safely cross the water is to get in a ship like Galen did; but I think they need legit papers that authorized them to be transported.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

I think it is part of his mischievous plot as he is considered the wise and wicked king. I think it is part of his scheme of evil deeds.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Prodigy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prodigy5.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prodigy5 »

I think that the Emperor of lullabies is up to something. I think that he is a strategist that has something planned but wants it to unfold for his gain.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”