Do you think Galen and Lord Meldorath will meet each other?

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
Fozia RYK
Currently Reading: Scalpels Out
Bookshelf Size: 23

Re: Do you think Galen and Lord Meldorath will meet each other?

Post by Fozia RYK »

I recall that Galen and Rowan met an alchemist or the like in the mines. I don't know however of the personality of this character. In spite of the fact that I do speculate in the event that that character wasn't Meldorath, at that point it may have been somebody who has associations with him.
Hilda Martinovic
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hilda-martinovic.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Hilda Martinovic »

ReClove wrote: 17 Oct 2020, 06:31 Based on how everything is set up, I think they will meet. Or rather, I think they might have already met, albeit I might be wrong.

I remember that Galen and Rowan met a sorcerer of some kind in the mines. I'm not sure though of the identity of this character. Although I do suspect if that character wasn't Meldorath, then it might have been someone who has connections with him.
I was wandering about the same thing. I thought that they have already met in the mine. Anyways, that was not an official meeting if that sorcerer was Meldorath. I definitely think that Galen will meet Meldorath but I am not sure that it would be a negative interaction. I have the feeling that this new sword might be a link between Cosmos and Caromentis. I might be wrong.
Neverlandgirl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neverlandgirl.html
Latest Review: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom! by Trish Ostroski

Post by Neverlandgirl »

I really think that Galen will meet Meldorath. That would put them both into context, since they are already both in the same time period.
nangel04
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nangel04.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by nangel04 »

I am all but positive that Galen and Meldorath will meet. As Galen is the main protagonist and Meldorath the main villain, it would not make sense to go through the entire series without the two of them meeting. What will happen when this occurs...well, I’m sure it will be explosive. I look forward to it!!
In the beginning was the Word...John 1:1

Reason and love keep little company together nowadays. ~Shakespeare; A Midsummer Night’s Dream
aby johnson
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: A Gentleman in Moscow
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aby-johnson.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers
Reading Device: B07FQ4Q7MB
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by aby johnson »

I'm not sure. Because those two doesn't seem like rivals or a good match for each other. Meldorath is so powerful and Galen is just a nobody. I highly doubt their meeting.
Smile, for better days are yet to come :D
Leyla Ann
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Call Me by Your Name
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla-ann.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Leyla Ann »

aby johnson wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 03:16 I'm not sure. Because those two doesn't seem like rivals or a good match for each other. Meldorath is so powerful and Galen is just a nobody. I highly doubt their meeting.
Actually, they do meet in the sixth book. the story is slow-paced, so Galen's development as the main character is very slow. by the third book though, we begin to see his prominent heroic attributes.
People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don't always like who they are.
Ndiviwe
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Ndiviwe »

I Galen and Meldorath will definitely meet each other at some point. And I think it will be a encounter not be missed. I believe Galen is what the kingdom of Voulhire needs. Someone who has sees the world differently from the of the rest if the people. Someone who genuinely cares for people and their feelings. I think Galen's time in the Land of the Princes has made him appreciate even the small things in life like going to sleep with a stomach full of food. The people of Voulhire do not know stuggle and survival, so they do not appreciate what they have.
Jeev Jatin Singh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeev-jatin-singh.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Jeev Jatin Singh »

Yes,i think they will meet at one point . Meldorath will be influencing Galen's journey one way or another. It seems probable that Galen's path will lead him to Meldorath.
EReid
Currently Reading: Dune Novel
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ereid.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by EReid »

Galen and Meldorath are both major characters in the book. I think it is inevitable that they will meet, likely as hero/villian.
I wish you a kinder sea --Emily Dickinson
Olgamiell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olgamiell.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Olgamiell »

They're perfectly opposite to each other, therefore I think it's their fate to eventually meet. I think either Galen will play a huge part in destroying Meldorath, or they'll end up working together. Anyway, both are very good characters (in terms of character development), so I'm looking forward to seeing their paths crossed.
Cassie_Megan
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cassie-megan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Cassie_Megan »

I am pretty sure they will meet, Galen is the main character and Lord Maldorath is the main villain. It would be very surprising if they did not! But probably towards the end of the series.
jomana_3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jomana-3.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by jomana_3 »

Yes I believe that this will happen and that their paths will cross somehow. I am not sure how this will happen though, there will definitely be a lot of action.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Yes. It's evident that they will meet eventually. I'm not sure why yet, but their paths will cross. I'm hoping it won't be for bad reasons, but that is unlikely.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Vivian Jabeya
Favorite Book: Tales of the Seventies
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-jabeya.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Vivian Jabeya »

I think Galen and Meldorath will meet at some point. There is a reason why the writer used the first person point of view when talking about Galen.
Vivian Jabeya
Favorite Book: Tales of the Seventies
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-jabeya.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Vivian Jabeya »

I think that Galen and Meldorath will meet because of the rocks that Galen and Rowan found in the mines. Meldorath and Galen have different characters. I would love to read about their interaction.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”