Overall rating and opinion of "The Fires of Virko (Book 2 of 6)" by Matthew Tysz

Discuss We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
caina3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caina3.html
Latest Review: Pearl River Mansion by Richard Schwartz

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Fires of Virko (Book 2 of 6)" by Matthew Tysz

Post by caina3 »

This second book had a lot more evil in it, some I could have done without. I was disturbed by what Folcro did to his childhood friend's wife. But, the story as a whole was worth reading. There are many characters, spies, and manipulations that it would be hard not to be entertained. My favorite character is still Galen. His character is developing more slowly than the rest; I hope that's an indication that he will be in all of the books. I want him to be someone important in saving Voulhire; maybe he discovers that he has some kind of pure power. There are many mature themes such as rape and mutilation that will be difficult for some readers to digest. I hope it doesn't get any more graphic.
Nicholus Schroeder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholus-schroeder.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Nicholus Schroeder »

I rated this book 4 out 4 stars because I liked the plot and characters, I did not dislike anything about this book, it was a blast to read.
Gemjay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gemjay.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Gemjay »

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars in my review. I enjoyed reading the whole We are Voulhire series by Matthew Tysz. The use of magic and the three dimensions of world was a brilliant idea.
Sarrikoziol
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarrikoziol.html
Latest Review: House of Cuts by June Gillam

Post by Sarrikoziol »

I would give it 4 out of 4 stars for sure. I liked the overall dynamic between the characters. It was nice to see Demetrius come out of his shell, and show off a little of what he could do. The story surrounding Folcro's plan was probably what I liked least. It never really stated what his intentions were, and then he just ran away. I have already recommended this whole series to some people.
Misguided angel means bad with good intentions
Swollen Members
Vanessa Leong
Currently Reading: Finish what you start
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vanessa-leong.html
Latest Review: Puzzle of Fate by A. Reza Kamarei
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Vanessa Leong »

I gave this book a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. It is a good book but it has some flaws that hindered me from giving it a perfect score. For example, I didn't really like the new characters that were introduced in this book. Compared to the first book, the new characters in this one weren't as likable. They were all too similarly dark and mysterious, but perhaps that's just my personal preference. I also felt that it took too long for the book to reach the interesting and thrilling parts.
Smmwallace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smmwallace.html
Latest Review: Cosmander and The Crown by Meade Summers

Post by Smmwallace »

I thought the book was great. It was much darker than the first one, which I really liked. Matthew’s character development is excellent. I happily rated it 4 out of 4 stars.
The frant1c reader
Favorite Book: Crime and Punshment
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-frant1c-reader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by The frant1c reader »

I gave it a full rating . The characters, descriptions , overall background , suspense buildup everything just worked too well for me. I would definitely recommend We Are Voulhire: The Fires Of Virko to fantasy fans.
What do you despise? By this you are truly known....
~Dune.
Henry Patrovic
Favorite Book: A Touch of Power
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henry-patrovic.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Henry Patrovic »

I would rate it 3/4. Definitely enjoyed it, but it isn’t for everyone. This book especially felt very slow, which for me wasn’t a problem, but I can definitely see how some people would not enjoy it.
Abdulwahab Maryam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdulwahab-maryam.html
Latest Review: The Inner CEO by Jeremy Blain

Post by Abdulwahab Maryam »

The book is okay but too brutal for reasonings.
Well, let's say it's a good reading!
Ann Harun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann-harun.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ann Harun »

This book looks interesting. I appreciate the thorough account of events. The actions, battles, and plot twists captivated me. It is deserving of a 5 out of 5 rating. I would highly recommend this book to thriller fans.

Return to “Discuss We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko (Book 2 of 6)”