Overall rating and opinion of "The Fires of Virko (Book 2 of 6)" by Matthew Tysz

Discuss We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Alice Ngugi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-ngugi.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Fires of Virko (Book 2 of 6)" by Matthew Tysz

Post by Alice Ngugi »

Having read the other book, We are Voulkhire, in the sequel, I must admit that the writing style was quite hypnotic. I loved how some characters, and how they were developed. I was thrilled by the love affair. The book warrants a perfect rating of 4 out of 4 stars
Pearl Akpan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-akpan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Pearl Akpan »

I loved this book a lot. I feel like it’s plot was very important to the whole plot of this series. I particularly loved how similar Folcro and Meldorath in terms of strong willpower although they were fundamentally different when it came to ambition and morality.

I wasn’t particularly encouraged that this book lacked strong female characters. But overall, The Fires of Virko was very fun to read.
namuyong
Currently Reading: Primal Encounter
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by namuyong »

violence is a very tricky topic to deal with adding up with rape just makes it eye capturing. the characterisation is perfect, i like Galens character. though am between the chapters this is a four star book.
Tatum Sieni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tatum-sieni.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by Tatum Sieni »

I gave this book a 4 out of 4 stars as it has been my favorite in the series so far. I really enjoy the author's use of descriptive language and the introduction of new nefarious characters such as Falcro. I also enjoyed the development of Lord Kyden's arc.
khaulah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khaulah.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by khaulah »

The devil concept gave me the creeps, I was intrigued right from the start. I didn't expect the devils to escape the city and wreak havoc on the citizens. I also loved the growing camaraderie between Galen, Rowan, and Demetrius. I disliked the book not having any significant female characters. Overall I really enjoyed the story. The writer did a good job bringing everything together and ending it in such a way that I wanted to read the next book right away. I gave it a rating of 3 out of 4 stars.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

Once I got started, I couldn't put the book down.
I enjoyed the graphic descriptions of the scenes that pull you in and especially the description of the demons and how they tore the city and its occupants-(dark yes, but very vivid).
I was a bit put out that there were no female protagonists, hence the three out of four stars- rating.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
tirsy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tirsy.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by tirsy »

I gave this book 4 out of 4 stars. I love how the characters are well developed. The author made the characters seem so real and relatable. Despite the use of profane words the words were well utilized. This book is professionally edited and exceptionally flawless.
tirsy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tirsy.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by tirsy »

i gave this book 4 out of 4 stars. I love how the characters are well developed. The author made the characters seem so real and relatable. Despite the use of profane words the words were well utilized. This book is professionally edited and exceptionally flawless.
Nduthu43
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nduthu43.html
Latest Review: Genex of Halcyon by Joshua Stelling

Post by Nduthu43 »

I gave the book a rating of 3 out if 4. This is because I got disappointed that Folcro did not turn out as strong as he started. And women are portrayed as weak. Still it's a good pick for the series. I intend to read the entire series. I love magic and fantasy. I recommend the book for fantasy and action readers.
Chiawa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiawa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Chiawa »

This is still my number series with 4 out of 4 rate. I would recommend you read the first part though. I love the trio (Rowan, Helen and Dem).
Monishka Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monishka-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Monishka Sharma »

I finished reading the first book yesterday and already read some of the second. I like this second book better than first. There are new characters, thrill and action. It is a little bit edgy but overall it is very intriguing.
Wamakima
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wamakima.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Wamakima »

I rated the book 4 out of 4 stars because of the smooth continuation of the plot, the introduction of the new characters and the suspense at the end. But Matthew must not like happy endings because what was that?!
But the path I’ve chosen has always been the right one, and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. :)
professionalreviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by professionalreviews »

I loved the originality and how bold the author was to get really gruesome towards the end. It went from adventure in Book 1 to a real horror show by book 2. It's definitely not meant for children. I'd recommend this for fans of Harry Potter way back in the day that would now like a mature/adult experience of the genre,
jeetramjat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeetramjat.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by jeetramjat »

I loved this book. The demons killing people of Virko. Galen, Rowan and Demetrius running for their lives and Kayden's transformation were my favourite scenes. I give this book 4 out of 4.
Alice Ngugi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-ngugi.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Alice Ngugi »

4 out of 4 stars! Although not for the faint hearted, it's unfortunate that violence is a reality. I wouldn't recommend it to those who cannot stomach really graphic scenes description. However, those who enjoy historical fiction will reckon with me that violence was the order of the day...Fires of Wilko was quite engaging and had me on edge. It is also quite rich in culture..I loved it

Return to “Discuss We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko (Book 2 of 6)”