Mys_Trea
Currently Reading: Seconds to Live
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mys-trea.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Re: Is Folcro the Fulcrum?

Post by Mys_Trea »

As dark and twisted as Folcro is, I believe he has deep feelings of warmth towards Kayden. What he saw as rejection by Kayden made him more darker and bitter, but the affection for him definitely lingers.
aayu_ha
Currently Reading: The Devil’s Redemption
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aayu-ha.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by aayu_ha »

Folcro is a twisted character that's for sure but at the same time, he is very interesting. I guess I would say he is morally grey? I feel like he isn't exactly completely evil and he is definitely capable of change!! I didn't really like him at first and I still don't but I can't deny that he is a well-written character.
K+SQUARE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-square.html
Latest Review: The King of May by Matthew Tysz

Post by K+SQUARE »

Folcro is a character who has an innate reason for every action. Kayden might be a part of his long term plan, maybe that's why he tried to save him.
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

Folcro is the most selfish man ever! So no, he wasn't saving Kayden. He simply cleared everyone out of Kayden's life to have him to himself or whatever else his plan for Kayden was. I hope Folcro pays for what he and his cronies did to Kayden's family.
Devika Rajesh
Favorite Book: Void
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-devika-rajesh.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
Reading Device: B076HWYMJQ

Post by Devika Rajesh »

Falcro is the evil but he had a lot of feeling for Kayden . That must be the reason for falcro to save Kayden in the end.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

Folcro is insane. Period! How could he do this to Kayden? Kayden's wife was innocent plus she was pregnant but he proceeded and inflicted pain to Kayden. I don't like Folcor a little bit, he's sinister!
Ndiviwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Ndiviwe »

I think he is innately evil and he was the fulcrum in the book because all the bad things that happened in this installment were a by-product of his sinister efforts and plans.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

RobinBennet wrote: 13 Oct 2020, 19:02 Simply put, a sociopath is someone who has an antisocial personality disorder. Those people can’t understand others’ feelings. They’ll often break rules or make impulsive decisions without feeling guilty for the harm they cause. They will probably use mind games to control people. They may also be perceived as charismatic or charming.

So, Folcro by definition is a sociopath, no questions asked!!!

He is a really interesting character, but his motives and desires aren't completely clear to me. I don't think anyone is innately evil, people aren't born monsters they are made. . .

His behavior towards Kayden is completely unjustified. You don't hurt the people you love, ergo he didn't love Kayden, even if he made an effort to save him in the end. It wasn't out of love, but his own selfish reasons.

If you ask me what Folcro liked about Kayden was that he had the unconditional love and unending admiration of someone. He had a dog constantly following him around, catering to his every need. Their relationship was very unbalanced and toxic. Folcro was feeding his ego of Kayden while Kayden was living the illusion he needed to survive his cruel reality.
Very interesting observation. I thought that Folcro would save Kayden because they were old but close friends. After reading your last paragraph, it's a possibility that yes he was doing it for selfish reasons.
I also thought that maybe Kayden was hallucinating. Maybe Folcro didn't try to save him. But I do see your explanation making the most sense so far.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Vivian Jabeya
Favorite Book: Tales of the Seventies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-jabeya.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Vivian Jabeya »

Folcro is an evil person who finds pleasure in seeing other people suffer. In the first chapter of the book, he brutally murdered the two men who were will Cornelius. He cared for and loved Kayden that is why he tried to save him in the end.
iammiape
Favorite Author: Jacob Emrey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iammiape.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 10640

Post by iammiape »

rahilshajahan wrote: 10 Oct 2020, 09:06 In simple terms, Hans Hrelek aka Folcro is a sociopath. There is so many levels to this man. My question is his behavior towards Kayden justified? Is Folcro innately evil, so as to be the fulcrum to the story? Then, why did he try to save Kayden in the end? So many intriguing questions left with no answers! What do you guys think?
His behavior toward Kayden was straight-out hideous, and it can't be justified. However, I don't believe that he's naturally evil, I have high trust that his parents have significant influence to how he thinks now. I'm certain that he'll be back, but I'm sure he'll remain a villain in his next appearance. I don't think his insistence at Kayden, after killing Kayden's loved ones, was an indication of a little goodness in his heart. It was most likely, to me, that he wants somebody to be with in playing people's lives.
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 806
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: When Black Shoes Turn Red by Tom McKenna
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

Folcro is someone who feeds on the fear and helplessness of others.
I'm not sure if he's THE fulcrum (a character on which the story hinges). But he's definitely one of the fulcrums.
And I think the only reason he wanted to take Kayden with him was to use him for some future endeavours.
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Ann Harun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann-harun.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ann Harun »

Individually, I believe he attempted to save Kayden for selfish reasons; he does not really strike me as the kinds to do so out of altruism. But who can say? Perhaps it was a case of emotive vulnerability.

Return to “Discuss We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko (Book 2 of 6)”