Discuss We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Alice Ngugi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-ngugi.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Re: Kayden or Demetrius?

Post by Alice Ngugi »

The loss of family is quite overwhelming as compared to those you're not directly related, at least according to my opinion. Kayden suffered a bigger tragedy, and I pitied him more than Demetrius
Chiawa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiawa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Chiawa »

I might actually be the only one that feels indifferent about Demetrius' lost. He started the fire that burnt him. His lost cannot be compared to Kayden. Just in one day, he lost everyone he loved. I personally wept for him and the baby. What a tragedy!!
Mys_Trea
Currently Reading: Seconds to Live
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mys-trea.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by Mys_Trea »

I pity Kayden the most. His losses were massive, to the point where he even seemed to lose his will to live for a moment. Demetrius will surely pick himself back up, but it will be way more difficult for Kayden to pick up the pieces.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

Folcro wrote: 12 Oct 2020, 00:18 Really interesting question; I never actually considered it myself, and even now strain to conclude it. I would say Kayden technically endured the most trauma in a singular moment, but Demetrius is in a position to much more easily (though not necessarily deservedly) blame himself.
I agree .
Kayden endured the most trauma at once, and Demetrius brought about destruction inadvertently and that is a different type of trauma too. The difference is Kayden didn't bring all that upon himself and doesn't have to deal with guilt along with everything else, unlike Demi. Even if the guilt is not deserved.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
K+SQUARE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-square.html
Latest Review: The King of May by Matthew Tysz

Post by K+SQUARE »

I definitely feel sorry for Kayden more than Demetrius. Kayden suffered one of the greatest losses known to mankind; the loss of family and loved ones. Demetrius, on the other hand let the demons loose which can possibly be rectified or atoned for.
Monishka Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monishka-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Monishka Sharma »

I would say Kayden. He literally lost everything in a heartbeat. He has nothing left and is shaken up badly.
Wamakima
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wamakima.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Wamakima »

I mean on one hand the death of many Virko dwellers will always weigh heavily on Demetrius' conscience, but I can't compare that to the pain of losing your wife, lover and child in the gruesome way that Kayden did.
But the path I’ve chosen has always been the right one, and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. :)
Zion Mesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zion-mesa.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Zion Mesa »

Sou Hi wrote: 11 Oct 2020, 21:02 Hm, I would opt for Kayden. Demetrius still has a chance to fix his misfortune, especially when he has his friends by his side. But it's already too late for Kayden. Those who died can not come back to life, so his loss is permanent.
On that note, however, thousands of the people of Virko died the second the hollenblaze was destroyed, guilt can often be more traumatic than only loss.
Sunflowerreads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunflowerreads.html
Latest Review: Twisted But True by Darren Burch

Post by Sunflowerreads »

I don’t really feel sorry for Demetrius because the wrath that was released on Virko was of his own doing. If he hadn’t tried to meddle too much with things he didn’t fully understand, maybe that wouldn’t have happened.
Tarilan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarilan.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Tarilan »

I agree with all of you. Kayden endured more suffering than Demetrius. He lost everything in just one day. Demetrius also expected help from the holy city only to be stopped at the gate. I wonder how he will be able to deal with Meldorath.
jeetramjat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeetramjat.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by jeetramjat »

I think Kayden. Kayden lost his wife, unborn daughter and his boyfriend. Kayden cared about Virko and wanted to change it but in the emd, he lost Virko as well. He lost nearly everything.
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

As much as I profound respect for Demetrius, I want to see Kayden evolve into a hardened man, going after everyone who eliminated his family and Peter. Oh! Those deaths were gruesome. Right now, I'm rooting for Kayden because he's lost so much, from parents to spouse, child, and lover.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

I pity Kayden, of course! Because the death of his loved one wasn't because of negligence of Demetrius but because of his ex lover cruelty, Folcro.
Refilwe Temba
Currently Reading: Devil Among Us
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-refilwe-temba.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Refilwe Temba »

Kayden suffered the most horrible tragedies anyone can think of. Even though he may have a dark past, he didnt deserve it plus he did play his part in fighting for his city. Now he has nothing to live for.
nangel04
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nangel04.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by nangel04 »

Kayden hands down! First of all, Demetrius may view his actions as a mistake, but who is to say that his mistake is not actually a blessing. Perhaps whatever Folcro planned to do was worse, and Demetrius's "mistake" ran Folcro out of town. Second, Demetrius has friends to support him. Kayden, on the other hand, has not only lost his wife, his daughter, and his lover, but, in the end, he has lost the most important thing: his soul. He was so full of kindness and conviction, but it was burned out of him by loss. And all he is left with are demons, not friends. Who could not pity him?

Return to “Discuss We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko (Book 2 of 6)”