Kayden or Demetrius?

Discuss We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Leverage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leverage.html
Latest Review: Jesus, Prosperity Gospel and Poverty in Africa by Elijah Oladimeji

Re: Kayden or Demetrius?

Post by Leverage »

Kayden because his family plays a big part of him and it all falls apart all at once..but, Demetrius too, feels the same way because he sow himself in Virku. I don't know, really probably it's the same hell in different scenarios.
Sakura5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakura5.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sakura5 »

I would say Kayden too, because he had the courage to get away from a toxic person and to try to make his life better!
Ijay +
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ijay.html
Latest Review: Gardening With Guns by AJ Wootton

Post by Ijay + »

lord Kayden's pain is much more tragic because it's the loss of his family and that cannot be replaced. On the other hand Demeritus's pain should not be underestimated because his good intentions had been the undoing of the town.
Ndiviwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Ndiviwe »

I don't think I can choose between them because both their ends were sad and unexpected. They both had good intentions and their efforts were just shoved back in their faces. Both their situations were a result of Folcro's evil plans. I do feel a little more sorry for Demetrius because he worked so hard to help and save Virko. It is so sad to have your efforts turned against you.
nwaobifrancesca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaobifrancesca.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by nwaobifrancesca »

Kayden had my sympathy the most. I was really shocked to read that he eventually lost everything. For someone, who had not had life easy, I was hoping things should get better for him. I feel the author should have cut him some slacks. I kind of wish the latter stories could have it that his wife and unborn child didn't really die. It was awful!. what a tragic character.
Excel 2021
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excel-2021.html
Latest Review: Trauma by Cynthia Fridsma

Post by Excel 2021 »

In truth, both of them made me feel bad. But Kayden, has my most sympathy. At first I couldn't believe it. I felt he didn't deserve such cruel fate of losing everything on the same day. He couldn't even summon the needed energy to escape at the end.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Kayden.
Not only did he lose his wife, child, and lover, but he lost them due to his old friend.
Even though Demetrius lost his hometown, I don't think it's as bad as losing people close to you. I still feel sorry for them both, but Kayden more.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Vivian Jabeya
Favorite Book: Tales of the Seventies
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-jabeya.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Vivian Jabeya »

I pity Kayden the most. The loved his unborn child and wanted to give her the best. It's sad that Kayden lost everything that he valued in a day.
caina3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caina3.html
Latest Review: Pearl River Mansion by Richard Schwartz

Post by caina3 »

I definitely feel sorry for Kayden. The only reason he lost so much was that Folcro didn't like the choices Kayden made for his life and then wrongly punished him for it. Kayden didn't deserve what Folcro did to him, Kayden's wife didn't deserve to lose her child, and Peter didn't deserve to die. Just because Folcro disagreed with how Kayden chose to live his life doesn't give Folcro the right to punish Kayden. Unfortunately, Folcro is a psychopath and needs to be stopped. All of us have things that tempt us and that are difficult to deny ourselves. But Kayden was trying to do what he thought was right; he decided that having a family was more important. I would have suggested that Kayden not keep his temptation around, but I think he felt guilty. Demetrius tried to get help from other priests, and he is still working on the problem. I feel bad for him, but I don't blame him for what happened. Those demons were in Virko long before Demetrius found out about them.
Moira15
Currently Reading: The Liar's Key
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moira15.html
Latest Review: Leaving Dahomey by Jude Shaw

Post by Moira15 »

Wow, it's a difficult question. I would probably say that for me, Kayden is more pitiful. I think we had a deeper insight into his past and his personality through the book, so the author brought him closer to the reader. In a way, his pain is more detailed, so you feel more empathetic towards him.
Alheotuci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alheotuci.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Alheotuci »

I pitied Demetrius the most. He wanted to save his hometown from Falcro's treacherous plans. But, he ended up destroying the town he desperately wanted to save.
Gemjay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gemjay.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Gemjay »

I'd pick Kayden. There's so much going around for him. He loses his unborn child and the wife. He also loses his boyfriend. I'd definitely pity Kayden more. At least Demetrius has Galen.
Bea2wice-143
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bea2wice-143.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Bea2wice-143 »

I choose Kayden because being a slanted meant he could not live life the way he wanted and thats why he kept Peter close. He was looking forward to being a father but in the end everything he held dear was taken away from him in the most gruesome way possible. He is broken and I don't really think he can ever come back from all that. On top of that, he comes to find out in the end that Folcro, the man he used to love and considered a friend once upon a time, was responsible for everything he lost.
Smmwallace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smmwallace.html
Latest Review: Cosmander and The Crown by Meade Summers

Post by Smmwallace »

Kayden truly lost everything. It was heartbreaking to see his devastation at losing his child and the love of his life.
iammiape
Favorite Author: Jacob Emrey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iammiape.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 10640

Post by iammiape »

Claire Riddle wrote: 11 Oct 2020, 09:04 In 'The Fires of Virko' Demetrius does everything he can to protect his hometown, Virko. But he ended up as the person who destroyed Virko and became helpless, making me feel really sorry for him. Kayden was waiting to see his unborn child. As a slanted person, he tried to keep Peter close to himself at the same time. In the end, he lost his child, wife and boyfriend on the same day and had to watch his hometown being destroyed. Who did you pity most?
Undoubtedly, it's Kayden for me. Demetrius was adamant in saving his hometown but failed; however, he's still exceptionally fortunate that his family wasn't there but in Ballerhal—alive. Kayden, however, lost his family—brutally, and his trauma could never correspond to Demetrius losing his hometown. He refrained from leaving Virko to pursue his humanitarian intention for Virko's people, which turned into a regret he will have to endure for the rest of his life. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Return to “Discuss We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko (Book 2 of 6)”