Discuss We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Ayindelaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayindelaw.html
Latest Review: The Raven's Trail (Book 1) by Liz D. Marx

Re: Demon attack

Post by Ayindelaw »

I think they gave the story a good twist and a good outlet too. It was good thinking from Matthew Tysz to feature the demons in the story. I'm not sure they came from Caromentis. Anyways, they don't seem to have a big agenda other than to pass the time and see how it goes.
Innovations are usually the result of desperate times
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

The demons are from Caromentis, but they need the stability of the world around them to function. Of their own accord, they have no powers but can appear and disappear at will. But when they have hosts who can do their bidding, then they become powerful.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

I am also confused. I don't even know where is that girl who appeared to Meldorath when he was prisoned from The Caromentis. I think she is to be blamed for bringing this demons.
Muladan
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Inside the Mind of a Successful CEO
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muladan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Muladan »

I really doubt that the demons originate from Caromentis though I am not sure about that but for a bigger agenda, they definitely have one and Virko is just but a beginning.
Ndiviwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Ndiviwe »

It was an intriguing aspect for me because I am fascinated by the supernatural. I think the demons come from the void, which I believe is linked to or is a part of Caromentis. I think they were conjured by the previous owners of Vendenhide in a twisted attempt to gain the upper hand against their enemies and to assist in establishing fear in the people. I think now the demons have a far more sinister plan for Virko and inevitably Voulhire as a whole.
Daisy Deeh
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey
Bookshelf Size: 109

Post by Daisy Deeh »

Wait , if they are from caromentis , who put them there ?i think they were captivated just waiting for their time to avenge . i believe they were bound to Virko.
Vivian Jabeya
Favorite Book: Tales of the Seventies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-jabeya.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Vivian Jabeya »

raluca_mihaila wrote: 15 Oct 2020, 08:25 What do you think about the demons?
Where do they come from and how is this related to Caromentis?
What is their big scale agenda, besides ruling Virko?
I don't think that the demons come from Caromentis. I think that they come from Alitheia. The demons never had a plan to rule Virko. It is Lod Dragan who gave them this idea. He probably had a hidden agenda.
Moira15
Currently Reading: The Liar's Key
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moira15.html
Latest Review: Leaving Dahomey by Jude Shaw

Post by Moira15 »

raluca_mihaila wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 15:51
Lucille27 wrote: 17 Oct 2020, 16:34 At the ending of the book, there was a mention to the void. I think that this liminal space is where the demons come from. Maybe, because of their nature, they are searching for revenge. However, it seems to be something more underlying that desire. There seems to be a secret plan, which Folcro actioned, and that the demons are part of. I do not think they are subdued to Folcro completely, but I think their intentions are temporarily aligned. I also wonder how is this related to Meldorath and whether he and Folcro would fight or find a common goal.
Good point! I am sure that the demons were not Folcro's servents, not willingly. But role will they play in the big picture? Maybe they are just a tool of the Emperor of Lullabies, since he also controls Caromentis.
I agree that the demons weren't subdued to Folcro, only Sod was. The idea of his "release" causing the whole next situation was interesting. Demons in my opinion wouldn't be real allies with anyone in long term so it was just a great situation for them that Folcro's intentions helped them to achieve their own.
iammiape
Favorite Author: Jacob Emrey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iammiape.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 10640

Post by iammiape »

RobinBennet wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 15:08 I don't think they had an agenda to begin with. The idea to rule Virko wasn't even theirs. The only thing they had in their mind at first was to kill.
I agree that they initially doesn't have an agenda, but their ruler, Sod, seemed to have one and I'm sure that Kayden Morgan will be a part of it.
iammiape
Favorite Author: Jacob Emrey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iammiape.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 10640

Post by iammiape »

Krista Ash wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 16:21
RobinBennet wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 15:08 I don't think they had an agenda to begin with. The idea to rule Virko wasn't even theirs. The only thing they had in their mind at first was to kill.
I think their objective is to avoid going back to the Void, where they originally came from. By ruling Virko through people, they can stay hidden and not get attacked by monks who would banish them.
I agree that their objective include not returning to the Void. However, considering their quantity, I think that the monks and members in the Yamon Soul are not enough to lock them again in the Void. But, if Meldorath and people in Bellerhal are willing to collaborate with them I think they can bound the demons to their nest again. But the idea is very unlikely and laughable to me.
Ann Harun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann-harun.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ann Harun »

I believe the demons were enslaved in Rendenhide's basement area for a long time, waiting for their opportunity to break free. I nevertheless believe they are obligated to Virko.

Return to “Discuss We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko (Book 2 of 6)”