Shanta Maharaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanta-maharaj.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Character Progression

Post by Shanta Maharaj »

For those readers who have been following the Voulhire series, such as myself :

Hope that all have enjoyed the science fiction novel and the light humor of the characters.

I have already read most of the books so I'd like to hear from other Matthew Tysz fans what you guys loved about how the characters develop as the book unfolds?
Leverage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leverage.html
Latest Review: Jesus, Prosperity Gospel and Poverty in Africa by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Leverage »

I loved his creative imagination and making us believe in a world he created that has this sort of gothic & eerie with a twist of integrity & honor. And this too, appears in his characters..love it..
Ndiviwe
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Ndiviwe »

I love the way the author was able to create multi-dimensional characters with layered personalities. And I love how the characters evolve and by the end of the book, they are completely different. Characters such as Galen, Demetrius, and Rowan displayed likable traits from the very beginning. A few of the characters confused me a little, in terms of which side they belong to whether or not they are a protagonist or antagonist. A character such as Kayden gave me this confused feeling. Then the are characters like Folcro and lord Dragan who are just sinister from start to finish.
Vivian Jabeya
Favorite Book: Tales of the Seventies
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-jabeya.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Vivian Jabeya »

I love how Tysz vividly describes the events and the characters. I was able to picture the characters as I read the book.
Moira15
Currently Reading: The Liar's Key
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moira15.html
Latest Review: Leaving Dahomey by Jude Shaw

Post by Moira15 »

Just from mentioning charachter development the first name that comes to my mind (only finishing the second book..) is Kayden. The way we get to know his past, how he fight his feelings, and becomes a darker character in the end is just amazing.
_khush_p
Favorite Book: Strong Heart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khush-p.html
Latest Review: The King of May by Matthew Tysz

Post by _khush_p »

Character development is something that Matthew Tysz does realy well.
I like how all of his books tell a little more about the character. Especially Galen, how he turns into a fighter when he senses danger. When Galen was first introduced no one would have judged him to be so brave and such a fighter. Similarly, Rowan seemed like such a playboy character when he was first introduced. But as the series goes on the characters have so much more depth and everything blends in so well.
If this charactee development was not present in this series, I probably wouldn't enjoy them as much as I did.
“See the good in everything, and the best of it will find you.”
- We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies.
iammiape
Favorite Author: Jacob Emrey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iammiape.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 10640

Post by iammiape »

Shanta Maharaj wrote: 16 Dec 2020, 15:24 For those readers who have been following the Voulhire series, such as myself :

Hope that all have enjoyed the science fiction novel and the light humor of the characters.

I have already read most of the books so I'd like to hear from other Matthew Tysz fans what you guys loved about how the characters develop as the book unfolds?
Matthew had involved many characters in this series. There are several characters from the first book that aren't included in here. So far, I had only observed the changes in the characters who were also in the first book, they were the trio—Galen, Rowan, and, especially, Demetrius. Their character advancement was not rushed, and I have high trust that there will be proven more about them in the succeeding books.
Ann Harun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann-harun.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ann Harun »

Tysz's vivid descriptions of the events and characters are fantastic. As I read the book, I could picture the characters. Kayden is the first name that springs to mind when I think of character development I'm almost done reading the third book.  It's incredible how we learn about his past, how he fights his emotions, and eventually becomes a darker character.

Return to “Discuss We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko (Book 2 of 6)”