Overall rating and opinion of "We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End" (Book 3 of 6) by Matthew Tysz

Discuss We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Overall rating and opinion of "We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End" (Book 3 of 6) by Matthew Tysz

Post by gali »

This is a discussion topic for We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End (Book 3 of 6) by Matthew Tysz.

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.

* You need to read the book to comment.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Claire Riddle
Favorite Book: Through a Glass Darkly
Currently Reading: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-riddle.html
Latest Review: Waves Break (on Unknown Shores) by Barry Litherland

Post by Claire Riddle »

I really enjoyed 'Someone Else's End'. I liked the writer's use of humour, especially with Rowan's character. Magic was used well too. There was nothing I disliked about the book, so I rated the book 4 out of 4.
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

The entry of the Emeperor of Lullabies was the entry of the villain we've all been waiting for. The book was an exciting read with Meldorath tearing through the Emperor's army. I definitely recommend this book to all the series mongers and thriller fanatics out there.
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright
Bits Of Inkling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bits-of-inkling.html
Latest Review: Awakening by Tayma Tameem

Post by Bits Of Inkling »

I haven't finished my review but I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars. This is my favorite book in the series so far.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I liked this book and I’ve rated this 4 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed the twists and turns that this book has. It kept me hooked till the end. The best part is that there is no unnecessary exaggeration of the scenes. So I wasn’t bored at any point. Overall, I had a great time reading this one.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

My rating for this book was 4 out of 4 stars, it was such a page-turner! :) I loved the dynamics, all the action, and the fighting rhinos! The new mythology comes to play in this book, and I definitely recommend to read it to all horror/fantasy/csi-fi lovers :)
a_r_egerton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-r-egerton.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by a_r_egerton »

I'm afraid this was my least favorite book in the series thus far, and I gave it two out of four stars, with a star docked for errors. It was also around this time that I began to lose patience with Tysz for his failure to introduce any prominent female characters. There were two characters, including Rowan's mother, who had seemed promising, but they both vanished after the Empreror of Lullabies attacked Soulhire.

I noted all three books involved villains attacking a city: Riva Rohavi attacked Hillport in the first book; demons went rampaging throughout Virko in the second book, and the Emperor of Lullabies sicced his monsters on Soulhire and killed King Wilhelm. I was also disappointed that Galen and Co. didn't get to explore Soulhire a bit more before the monsters attacked.

On the other hand, I did like Melodorath, for he seems to be the most cunning of the antagonists. While the others rely on chaos and brute force, he accumulates resources and allies. By now, he's become the Eiodi (Pope) and he's put together a team of advisors.
Chiawa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiawa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Chiawa »

I love the political aspect, the fight scenes and comic relief. It's quite interesting. Though I rate this book 4 out of 4, I don't recommend that you start from this book. Read the previous books.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

I rated it 4 out of 4, of course. I loved this book, it was my favorite so far. The characters became more real, and we discover more about their background.
Naomey Naom
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naomey-naom.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Naomey Naom »

The book was plot driven,there was humour that broke the monotony when reading ,never met any major dislike, I therefore rate it 4 out of 4 stars
fancyjg
Favorite Book: Timewise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fancyjg.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by fancyjg »

The book was full of errors though I rated it 4 out of 4stars. I loved the mixture of first person and third person that was used.
The characterization was perfect and I loved Galen even more in this book, though he did not explore Voulhire more than I expected I wish he could have killed the monster.
Worship peer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Worship peer »

'Someone Else's End' is book written by Tysz.He included magic in his story.He was very humoureous especially with Rowan's character.This made the book more interesting.
I loved his characterization,i found it to be perfect.The backgrounds of the characters were also discussed and the characters were so real.
However,Tysz did not introduce any prominent female characters. Rowan's mother,seemed promising but the author did not give her a bigger role to play in the book.This really disappointed me.
I gave the book three stars out of four.
Makosa2000
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-makosa2000.html
Latest Review: Zara Hanson & The Mystery of the Painted Symbol by J.L. Haynes

Post by Makosa2000 »

Someone Else's End piqued my interest right from the very first page. The narration of the Emperor of Lullaby entering Meldorath's dream was an epic intro. Then the theme and story plot played out well. I never expected Nartik's coronation though. I rated it a 3 out of 4 because the point of view narratives were quite confusing.
Makosa2000
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-makosa2000.html
Latest Review: Zara Hanson & The Mystery of the Painted Symbol by J.L. Haynes

Post by Makosa2000 »

Someone Else's End piqued my interest right from the very first page. The narration of the Emperor of Lullaby entering Meldorath's dream was an epic intro. Then the theme and story plot played out well. I never expected Nartik's coronation though. I rated it a 3 out of 4 because the point of view narratives were quite confusing.
Fabulous mind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabulous-mind.html
Latest Review: The Last Panda by L.Z. smith

Post by Fabulous mind »

This book is my best so far in the series. I like that Galen, Rowan, and Demetrius are getting along quite well. My favourite part was when Medorath intervened during the attack on Voulhire. I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars.

Return to “Discuss We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End (Book 3 of 6)”