Rowan and Demetrius

Discuss We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End.
Bits Of Inkling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bits-of-inkling.html
Latest Review: Awakening by Tayma Tameem

Rowan and Demetrius

Post by Bits Of Inkling »

I've finished the 3rd book. However, I still haven't seen an improvement in Rowan and Demetrius' treatment of each other. I understand that the two have different views and beliefs. But even Galen saw the world differently and that never been an issue to each of them. Sometimes I felt like they are competing for Galen like who's going to be the best friend between them. Demi doesn't trust Rowan and I don't quite understand that. He doesn't seem to change even after they learned about Rowan's family.

I am really waiting for them to be great friends.
Claire Riddle
Favorite Book: Through a Glass Darkly
Currently Reading: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-riddle.html
Latest Review: Waves Break (on Unknown Shores) by Barry Litherland

Post by Claire Riddle »

Bits Of Inkling wrote: โ†‘10 Oct 2020, 12:10 I've finished the 3rd book. However, I still haven't seen an improvement in Rowan and Demetrius' treatment of each other. I understand that the two have different views and beliefs. But even Galen saw the world differently and that never been an issue to each of them. Sometimes I felt like they are competing for Galen like who's going to be the best friend between them. Demi doesn't trust Rowan and I don't quite understand that. He doesn't seem to change even after they learned about Rowan's family.

I also had the same feeling: both Rowan and Demetrius want Galen as the best friend. I think Demetrius know something big about Rowan and his family. That may be the reason he doesn't keep Rowan very close. But at the same time, I feel that both of them admire each other too.
Bits Of Inkling
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bits-of-inkling.html
Latest Review: Awakening by Tayma Tameem

Post by Bits Of Inkling »

Claire Riddle wrote: โ†‘11 Oct 2020, 10:12
Bits Of Inkling wrote: โ†‘10 Oct 2020, 12:10 I've finished the 3rd book. However, I still haven't seen an improvement in Rowan and Demetrius' treatment of each other. I understand that the two have different views and beliefs. But even Galen saw the world differently and that never been an issue to each of them. Sometimes I felt like they are competing for Galen like who's going to be the best friend between them. Demi doesn't trust Rowan and I don't quite understand that. He doesn't seem to change even after they learned about Rowan's family.

I also had the same feeling: both Rowan and Demetrius want Galen as the best friend. I think Demetrius know something big about Rowan and his family. That may be the reason he doesn't keep Rowan very close. But at the same time, I feel that both of them admire each other too.
Yeah. But he knew Rowan wanted to be far from his home. Perhaps, there is something going on in his family that Rowan doesn't quite like. If Demi would see that he is sincere, deep friendship might be possible for the. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž
Claire Riddle

Post by Claire Riddle »

Bits Of Inkling wrote: โ†‘11 Oct 2020, 11:16
Claire Riddle wrote: โ†‘11 Oct 2020, 10:12

Yeah. But he knew Rowan wanted to be far from his home. Perhaps, there is something going on in his family that Rowan doesn't quite like. If Demi would see that he is sincere, deep friendship might be possible for the. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž
That's true. I would also love to see them get along well. But I have a feeling thay they are a bit jealous of each other. Demetrius have magic powers that Rowan doesn't and he's improving. On the other hand, Rowan has an attractive personality and he's talkative. I think they are worrying about what they lack, and are afraid that Galen would be more close to the other one.
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

I think their relationship is progressing solidly, though. In book #1, Demetrius enjoys seeing Rowan get hurt (per Galen's belief). But they are more open to each other in book #2. Then they start sharing their opinions in book #3. Demi even goes to Rowan's old room to know more about its owner, like a friend would do when they visit each other's house. It's more like Demetrius is jealous of Rowan, because Rowan seems to have everything he wants with ease. And if Demetrius truly hates or distrusts Rowan in a negative way, he wouldn't tell Rowan to treasure his bow.

Meanwhile, Rowan is a carefree person. No matter how bad Demetrius treats him, he doesn't really take it to heart. Their banter is good-natured, too, so I don't think Rowan hates Demi. Keep reading and you will see how important Rowan will be to Demetrius :wink2:.
Claire Riddle

Post by Claire Riddle »

Sou Hi wrote: โ†‘11 Oct 2020, 21:28 I think their relationship is progressing solidly, though. In book #1, Demetrius enjoys seeing Rowan get hurt (per Galen's belief). But they are more open to each other in book #2. Then they start sharing their opinions in book #3. Demi even goes to Rowan's old room to know more about its owner, like a friend would do when they visit each other's house. It's more like Demetrius is jealous of Rowan, because Rowan seems to have everything he wants with ease. And if Demetrius truly hates or distrusts Rowan in a negative way, he wouldn't tell Rowan to treasure his bow.

Meanwhile, Rowan is a carefree person. No matter how bad Demetrius treats him, he doesn't really take it to heart. Their banter is good-natured, too, so I don't think Rowan hates Demi. Keep reading and you will see how important Rowan will be to Demetrius :wink2:.
Wow, when you explain it like this, I started seeing it too. Little by little, their relationship is growing! And the Demetrius' jealousy, that's obvious. At the same time I feel that Rowan's a bit jealous too, for the magical powers Demetrius possesses. I must continue reading and see your words become true.๐Ÿ˜Š
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:

Post by Sou Hi »

Claire Riddle wrote: โ†‘12 Oct 2020, 06:54
Sou Hi wrote: โ†‘11 Oct 2020, 21:28 I think their relationship is progressing solidly, though. In book #1, Demetrius enjoys seeing Rowan get hurt (per Galen's belief). But they are more open to each other in book #2. Then they start sharing their opinions in book #3. Demi even goes to Rowan's old room to know more about its owner, like a friend would do when they visit each other's house. It's more like Demetrius is jealous of Rowan, because Rowan seems to have everything he wants with ease. And if Demetrius truly hates or distrusts Rowan in a negative way, he wouldn't tell Rowan to treasure his bow.

Wow, when you explain it like this, I started seeing it too. Little by little, their relationship is growing! And the Demetrius' jealousy, that's obvious. At the same time I feel that Rowan's a bit jealous too, for the magical powers Demetrius possesses. I must continue reading and see your words become true.๐Ÿ˜Š
Yes, anyone would want to have Demetrius' power :D, especially when he keeps growing stronger. And starting from book #4, Rowan and Demetrius' relationship will be clearly portrayed, as they both have their shares of the story. We will get to see their emotions ourselves and not through Galen's view.
Claire Riddle

Post by Claire Riddle »

Sou Hi wrote: โ†‘12 Oct 2020, 23:53
Claire Riddle wrote: โ†‘12 Oct 2020, 06:54

Yes, anyone would want to have Demetrius' power :D, especially when he keeps growing stronger. And starting from book #4, Rowan and Demetrius' relationship will be clearly portrayed, as they both have their shares of the story. We will get to see their emotions ourselves and not through Galen's view.
Yes. Even I'd love to be as powerful as Demetrius! I really hope Rowan and Demetrius would become close friends. :D
plnjimenez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-plnjimenez.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by plnjimenez »

On the contrary, I felt that in this third book, they started to slightly warm up to each other. With the upcoming struggles, I am expecting their relationship to improve.
emidio125
Favorite Book: Tortured in Ashram
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emidio125.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by emidio125 »

I agree with you and I like the way there characters were built. It is their usual conflicts that makes their participation in the story no boring et all. But from the third book on, since they got to meet each other more deeply, I think their relationship will be more amiable.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

plnjimenez wrote: โ†‘14 Oct 2020, 11:47

On the contrary, I felt that in this third book, they started to slightly warm up to each other. With the upcoming struggles, I am expecting their relationship to improve.
I agree with you! I felt like they were starting to see each other on the same side. And their pokes were just a habit by now, as they don't really hate each other. They might not be best friends, but they became allies.
YJ9+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yj9.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by YJ9+ »

I really love both Rowan and Demetrius and in this book they proved once again that they can rely on each other. I am looking forward to a specific part in the next books where in they both will have to work together to save the day.
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:

Post by Sou Hi »

YJ9+ wrote: โ†‘17 Oct 2020, 07:10 I really love both Rowan and Demetrius and in this book they proved once again that they can rely on each other. I am looking forward to a specific part in the next books where in they both will have to work together to save the day.
They will :). From book #4 on, Rowan and Demetrius will have more chances to cooperate with each other. Can't say they are saving the day, but their contributions are significant for the sake of the Voulhirian.
Fabulous mind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabulous-mind.html
Latest Review: The Last Panda by L.Z. smith

Post by Fabulous mind »

For me, I think the 3 of them will get along quite well in other series. If you noticed, Demi and Rowan were cool with each other during their visit to Soulhire.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

emidio125 wrote: โ†‘14 Oct 2020, 13:16 I agree with you and I like the way there characters were built. It is their usual conflicts that makes their participation in the story no boring et all. But from the third book on, since they got to meet each other more deeply, I think their relationship will be more amiable.
True, Demi and Rowan started out a bit hostile to each other, vying for Galen's attention, and a bit of jealousy on both sides for different reasons. They do work well together, that much is obvious, and quite important, and the way they poke at each other, well, that adds spice to the story.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Return to โ€œDiscuss We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End (Book 3 of 6)โ€