Lord Meldorath: Enemy or Ally

Discuss We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End.
jeetramjat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeetramjat.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Re: Lord Meldorath: Enemy or Ally

Post by jeetramjat »

Meldorath is my favourite character in the We are Voulhire series. In this book my favourite scene was when Meldorath kills the nightynight and destroys the floating ship in the sky. His motives are unknown but he could be a future ally of Voulhire in their fight against the Emperor of Lullabies.
Leyla Ann
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Call Me by Your Name
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla-ann.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Leyla Ann »

I believe Meldorath is not an enemy nor an ally, he's his own person. Being his own person makes him an uncontrollable factor, and his magnanimous strength as a magician renders him quite dangerous to Voulhire's rulers and the Emperor of Lullabies. Those who try to take him down don't do it out of moral obligation, they do it because they realize they can't manipulate him into fitting in with their plans.
People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don't always like who they are.
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

I love how the author keeps surprising us with Meldorath's actions. First, he seemed to be a proper villain, but the more I read, the more it looks like he is actually not as bad as he appeared to be. Maybe he ends up saving Voulhire from the Emperor of Lullabies?
dK3 + CCt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dk3-cct.html
Latest Review: Chronic Heavy Metal Poisoning vs. Your Health by Dr. David Maloney

Post by dK3 + CCt »

Meldorath is an ally to the Voulhire. I think the reason he forcefully took the power is because he was aware he is the only one who can rescue the Voulhire in the arrival of monsters
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

I applaud the author's ability to bring suspense into characterization. I'm still undecided about Meldorath and it just makes the story even more exciting.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

Bits Of Inkling wrote: 11 Oct 2020, 05:04 I got confused in his role. Meldorath doesn't seem to be a villain to me. He doesn't want to be involved in the Emperor of the Lullabies plans and he even rescued people upon the arrival of the monsters. I can see that he could be Voulhire's ally in the future.
Meldorath is an ally of Voulhire. He was an enemy to one and only man, and that man is dead. His name was king Wilhelm. The only enemy I see here is the emperor.
Sue_neth_ak
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading: Wilderness Cry
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sue-neth-ak.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sue_neth_ak »

Meldorath seems to be a mystery. Yes, he's powerful. Yes, he appears to be wicked, but I feel like there's something more to him than what the writer lets us see, so far. Meldorath could even be the good guy and the ever so kind King Wilhelm could have a secret plot rolled up his sleeve, for all I know.

So I guess Meldorath does have a potential to turn out nice. He had been a villain at first because the king had handled him somewhat wrongly, without giving him a chance to explain. Let's see how it goes.
Ndiviwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Ndiviwe »

The lines between good and evil got a little blurry in this installment. I think Meldorath can become an ally to Voulhire and now that he is close to his goal of finding a link/way to Caromentis, he might be a great help fighting Voulhire's enemies.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

I initially thought he was a bad guy, but he doesn't seem to have any bad intentions. The king imprisoned him, we don't know why yet, but I can see why Meldorath would dislike the king then.
In the previous book, Folcro seemed to have 'darker' intentions than Meldorath. hmmm. I wonder if Meldorath will end up befriending Galen and his friends.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Vivian Jabeya
Favorite Book: Tales of the Seventies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-jabeya.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Vivian Jabeya »

Bits Of Inkling wrote: 11 Oct 2020, 05:04 I got confused in his role. Meldorath doesn't seem to be a villain to me. He doesn't want to be involved in the Emperor of the Lullabies plans and he even rescued people upon the arrival of the monsters. I can see that he could be Voulhire's ally in the future.
I agree with you. Meldorath's role was confusing in this book. He was portrayed as a hero and a villain. He decided to kill King Wilhelm because he felt that it was the right time. This portrayed him as a villain. He became a hero when he rescued the people.
However, he only did this because he was acting as the eoidi. He simply didn't want to grab the attention of the people. He didn't want people to know that he was Meldorath. He wanted people to know that he was the eoidi.

I don't think that he could be Voulhire's ally. This is because he is not interested in Voulhire. He just wants to understand the magical world and know how to get there.
iammiape
Favorite Author: Jacob Emrey
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iammiape.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 10640

Post by iammiape »

I don't think Meldorath rescued the people out of the goodness of his heart but to rather live up to his title as the eiodi, considering that he did nothing to help Hillport while they're being attacked by the Riva. I do agree that he doesn't involve himself to the emperor since he's uninterested in Cosmos. I have low trust that he can be Voulhire's ally.
Fasmin
Favorite Book: We are voulhire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fasmin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fasmin »

Meldorath doesn't care about the physical universe he exists in. He just wants to get to Caromentis (or do whatever his plan is). So, he doesn't mean to be an ally nor enemy to voulhire.
Meldorath is ruthless when it comes to getting what he wants. He doesn't care what becomes of someone or something if it means he gets what he wants (at least most of the time.)

So, I think like everybody else said, whether Meldorath is good or bad is subjective.
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
– John Green
Fasmin
Favorite Book: We are voulhire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fasmin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fasmin »

iammiape wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 22:38
I don't think Meldorath rescued the people out of the goodness of his heart but to rather live up to his title as the eiodi, considering that he did nothing to help Hillport while they're being attacked by the Riva. I do agree that he doesn't involve himself to the emperor since he's uninterested in Cosmos. I have low trust that he can be Voulhire's ally.
I don't know but I've always felt like Meldorath had a hand in the assassination at Hillport. But then again I'm not sure. Would you mind telling me how you know it was the Riva alone?
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
– John Green
Olgamiell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olgamiell.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Olgamiell »

For me, Meldorath is one of the most interesting characters in the whole saga. I don't think he's entirely bad. He is full of surprises, and his actions can't be classified clearly. But I kinda want for him to turn out to be an ally in the end. I just feel like there's something we don't know about why he was imprisoned in the first place.
Victor Kilyungi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-kilyungi.html
Latest Review: A Fate Unwound Too Soon by anna-karen sorensen

Post by Victor Kilyungi »

Lord Meldorath is a curious character. He goes through all of the torment and the ending of countless lives and still it appears he is determined to helo Voulhire in a way. I do not know what his reasons are but I would not count him as either. He just has his own goals and he's determined to accomplish them no matter the cost.

Return to “Discuss We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End (Book 3 of 6)”