Galen's background

Discuss We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Icon Galen's background

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

What do you think about Galen's new revealed background? Is he up to the task of being the main character of the series?
I was so anxious to find out more about him, because he was just too bland in the first book. He is a fighter, but we also discover his dark side.
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Galen is one of the main characters in the series, so I think it's alright. Everyone has a dark side they want to hide from people, and Galen is no different. Galen will change even more in the sequels, as he will become less naive and use his head, as well as his sword, more. But don't worry, he won't fight with adrenaline alone anymore.
plnjimenez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-plnjimenez.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by plnjimenez »

raluca_mihaila wrote: 11 Oct 2020, 14:01 What do you think about Galen's new revealed background? Is he up to the task of being the main character of the series?
I was so anxious to find out more about him, because he was just too bland in the first book. He is a fighter, but we also discover his dark side.
I think there is more to Galen's character that may be revealed at a crucial point in the next books, just like how his fighting skills emerged during Demetrius' fight for life.
fancyjg
Favorite Book: Timewise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fancyjg.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by fancyjg »

Galen character in this book left me yearning for more of him. The book portrays his dark side as he is evolving into a more powerful and lovable character. I loved Galen from the first sequel and this does not make him less of a character that he is. I wished the book could have ended where Galen and his friends had killed the monster, I hope it happens in the next sequel and he gives us more of Voulhire.
emidio125
Favorite Book: Tortured in Ashram
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emidio125.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by emidio125 »

I think Galen is the perfect main character, he's like fish out of water in the Voulhiririam kingdom, but even though, he is managing to adapt himself to the new reality by adjusting his peculiar characteristics to deal with life in Voulhire.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

emidio125 wrote: 14 Oct 2020, 13:05 I think Galen is the perfect main character, he's like fish out of water in the Voulhiririam kingdom, but even though, he is managing to adapt himself to the new reality by adjusting his peculiar characteristics to deal with life in Voulhire.
Tres, and his power to adapt himself must come because of his hard life, and the lessons he had to learn. So at least that's a comfort, that his struggles were not for nothing,
azidy
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azidy.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by azidy »

I love how Tysz presented the main character in the series. At first he was just a refugee experiencing Voulhire for the first time and I felt like he was too passive and innocent. It seemed weird how he never talked about his past and his childhood.

The third book finally offers some detail about his life. I can understand his attempt at trying not to think about it and start his life in a different country. I think his experience, the fact that he knows something about the Emperor and his sons, but also cares about Voulhire and its people, will be crucial in the series. He's one of the few people who got to see both sides of the story. I don't mind how he wasn't important for the plot development until now.
Ms Gencel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ms-gencel.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Ms Gencel »

I was really surprised when I read that Galen can fight. This adds spice to his character and the book. I agree that he was too bland in the first book and the second book. By this discovery, I now think that he's great as the main character. I'm really curious to know more about him. I'm excited to read the next book in the series :techie-reference: .
raluca_mihaila wrote: 11 Oct 2020, 14:01 What do you think about Galen's new revealed background? Is he up to the task of being the main character of the series?
YJ9+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yj9.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by YJ9+ »

I think the thrill just starts in this book because of Galen's hidden side :D I am still hoping more development on his character though :wink:
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

Somehow, discovering that Galen can fight didn't surprise me all that much. He seems, from the first book as quiet and deep, with more secrets than we know no matter how open and bland he comes across as.
And you know what they say about still waters.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Muvokav
Favorite Book: The Sky is Everywhere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muvokav.html
Latest Review: Heat: by H.M. Irwing

Post by Muvokav »

As more about Galen's background is reviled to us by the author we learn that he is not the naive person he was there is more to him. As the series progresses we see that he is less naive and uses his fighting skills and his head more thus he is a befitting lead character.
Latest Review: Heat: by H.M. Irwing
Mimi483
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mimi483.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by Mimi483 »

I liked him from the start. As a reader, it is hard not to feel sorry for him, growing up in the Land of the Princes sounds like hell on Earth. We are also thrilled when he gets a chance for a new, better life. His naive conduct was refreshing, but I always had a feeling he will do something amazing and brave that will make a difference in the grand scheme of things. Maybe he will in the next books, I am so excited to read them!
K+SQUARE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-square.html
Latest Review: The King of May by Matthew Tysz

Post by K+SQUARE »

Galen's new revealed background makes him more interesting and intriguing as a central character in the series. He is definitely up to the task of being the main character as the author unfolds details about him in series.
Fozia RYK
Currently Reading: Scalpels Out
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Fozia RYK »

Sovereign and his children, yet additionally thinks about Voulhire and its kin, will be urgent in the arrangement. He's one of only a handful few individuals who had the chance to see the two sides of the story. I wouldn't fret how he wasn't significant for the plot advancement as of not long ago.
nangel04
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nangel04.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by nangel04 »

All I can say is it is about time. The first two books made me skeptical as to Galen's ability to win me over as the main character. However, in this third installment, Galen not only won me over (dark side and all), but his friends did as well. I feel like I know Galen, Demetrius, and Rowan better. I feel like they are finally characters that readers can relate to and find a deeper interest in. Galen has substance! Galen has an actual personality! Who knew?

Return to “Discuss We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End (Book 3 of 6)”