Someone Else's End

Discuss We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End.
GianKosi77
Favorite Author: M. Curtis McCoy
Currently Reading: Divided World
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giankosi77.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 197138

Someone Else's End

Post by GianKosi77 »

"No matter what happens, it is a means to someone else's end" - Meldorath. In my opinion, this assertion is very true following the events in the story. Which scenario in the book justifies this assertion that makes the title of the book relevant?
And a highway will be there; it will be called the Way of Holiness.
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

"Everything, no matter how great, is just a means to someone else's end." This sentence from book 2 perfectly summaries book 3.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
Ndiviwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Ndiviwe »

All I can think about is the trial, Shore against Soulhire, and how it was a means to the end of king Wilhelm and almost Soulhire.
Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sunday diamond »

From Miss Shore affirmative statement, in a consensus meeting with Voulhire's dignitaries, she pointed out and justified how they must serve as means to the refugee's ends.
Kuilawrence083
Favorite Book: The Raven's Trail (Book 1)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kuilawrence083.html
Latest Review: The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III by Steven L Masia

Post by Kuilawrence083 »

I would say someone else's end is demonstrated when the king Wilhem is killed and the greatest City in Voulhire Kingdom; Soulhire City is destroyed.
Vivian Jabeya
Favorite Book: Tales of the Seventies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-jabeya.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Vivian Jabeya »

Meldorath had planned to kill King Wilhelm to get the notes that he wanted. When he arrived together with his companions, the Emperor of Lullabies had already attacked and killed King Wilhelm. This clearly depicts that no matter what happens, it's a means to someone else's end.
iammiape
Favorite Author: Jacob Emrey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iammiape.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 10640

Post by iammiape »

GianKosi77 wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 04:02 "No matter what happens, it is a means to someone else's end" - Meldorath. In my opinion, this assertion is very true following the events in the story. Which scenario in the book justifies this assertion that makes the title of the book relevant?
I believe that what Meldorath stated conveyed that the effect of a decision will inevitably cause the end of something. We saw this came true in the peace and people in Soulhire, especially King Wilhelm.
Dadynna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Dadynna »

Regardless of what occurs, it is a way to another person's end" As I would see it, this affirmation is exceptionally evident after the occasions in the story. Which situation in the book legitimizes this affirmation that makes the title of the book pertinent?
Fasmin
Favorite Book: We are voulhire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fasmin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fasmin »

Every major event

The end of an entire kingdom is the aim of the Riva Rohavi.

Meldorath is constantly causing someone else's end to get what he wants. Remember him telling Eiodi Ganesh that 'if he were to guess the number of people he had killed he would guess less'?

The demons taking over Virko caused a lot of people's ends.

And of course, there's king Wilhelm's assassination. Done so Nartik could become king.
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
– John Green
Victor Kilyungi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-kilyungi.html
Latest Review: A Fate Unwound Too Soon by anna-karen sorensen

Post by Victor Kilyungi »

Almost all major events prove this statement true. Lucius Nartik suggesting to the Emperor of Lullabies about KIng WIlhelm's plans so he could be crowned. Meldorath's endorsement of Nartik so he could get Javikun's notes. Riva getting rid of the Mianora for Nartik before they dethrone Nartik. They all prove that the characters are just playing the long game and whoever or whatever stands in their way will only be used as a stepping stone.
Nathaniel Owolabi
Favorite Book: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-owolabi.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nathaniel Owolabi »

Ndiviwe wrote: 07 Jan 2021, 01:35 All I can think about is the trial, Shore against Soulhire, and how it was a means to the end of king Wilhelm and almost Soulhire.
I totally agree with this too. That's exactly how I see it too. The trial was a means to king Wilhlem's end just like almost every other incidences are means to someone else's end. This is also a good saying as it applies to the real world albeit not literally.
Gideon Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideon-olomofe.html
Latest Review: An autopsy with a smile by Snejana Danwell

Post by Gideon Olomofe »

Victor Kilyungi wrote: 21 May 2021, 04:14 Almost all major events prove this statement true. Lucius Nartik suggesting to the Emperor of Lullabies about KIng WIlhelm's plans so he could be crowned. Meldorath's endorsement of Nartik so he could get Javikun's notes. Riva getting rid of the Mianora for Nartik before they dethrone Nartik. They all prove that the characters are just playing the long game and whoever or whatever stands in their way will only be used as a stepping stone.
Very true! Almost all events justified the statement. One feature is always a means to another feature's end in the book. For example, citizen of the Lands of the Princes are the means to Emperor of Lullabies' end. Also, Voulhire is a means to the refugees' stepping stone to escape Lands of the Princes

Return to “Discuss We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End (Book 3 of 6)”