SOD

Discuss We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End.
Fasmin
Favorite Book: We are voulhire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fasmin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

SOD

Post by Fasmin »

Rowan killed the demon Sod more or less easily. And yet Demetrius spent an entire book trying to do the same and ended up freeing an entire army of demons.

I realize it probably happened that way because Tsyz wanted the story to go that way. But all the same, did it have to be that hard? Couldn't Sod have been killed and Virko saved from the state it's now in?
What do you think?
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
– John Green
John Owen
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: Incentives by George Frankllin

Post by John Owen »

Fasmin wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 01:52 Rowan killed the demon Sod more or less easily. And yet Demetrius spent an entire book trying to do the same and ended up freeing an entire army of demons.

I realize it probably happened that way because Tsyz wanted the story to go that way. But all the same, did it have to be that hard? Couldn't Sod have been killed and Virko saved from the state it's now in?
What do you think?
I agree. I think it was meant to heighten the crisis. It's also a wonderful twist since Demetrius, being a monk and a mage, was most likely the one to kill the Demon. However, it's the opposite and Rowan who is nothing but an archer becomes the unlikely hero here.
The conviction I had had had had, and still has the conviction that: I am the only version of myself. :tiphat:
Folcro
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Folcro »

Sod had to be "unbound" in order to be killed permanently. Demetrius accomplished this, but did not have the chance to kill him as Sod's army stampeded past him. Rowan caught Sod unbounded and alone, and caught him by surprise.
Fasmin
Favorite Book: We are voulhire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fasmin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fasmin »

Folcro wrote: 11 May 2021, 04:10 Sod had to be "unbound" in order to be killed permanently. Demetrius accomplished this, but did not have the chance to kill him as Sod's army stampeded past him. Rowan caught Sod unbounded and alone, and caught him by surprise.
Ooh. I think I get it. Demetrius did have the skill and everything but got neither the luck nor the right circumstances. But Rowan had the skills paired with the perfect circumstances and luck. Thanks.
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
– John Green

Return to “Discuss We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End (Book 3 of 6)”