what's the Emperor of Lullabies playing at?

Discuss We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End.
Fasmin
Favorite Book: We are voulhire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fasmin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

what's the Emperor of Lullabies playing at?

Post by Fasmin »

The Emperor of Lullabies is real powerful and mysterious. And it never seemed to me like he cared for humans at all (just look at the people in the lands of the princes). So why did he bother telling Meldorath it's best he left the cosmos? Or make an alliance with Nartik?

And then I thought what if it was because Meldorath was standing in his way or was some kind of threat to his plans? Sure Meldorath is just human, and only so powerful, but he's the most powerful mage in Voulhire (and don't forget the rest of his team either). I don't know about Nartik, but maybe it's just a trick?

what do you think? Could this theory be possible? Do you have anything to support this, ideas of your own, or oppositions?
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
– John Green
Gideon Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideon-olomofe.html
Latest Review: An autopsy with a smile by Snejana Danwell

Post by Gideon Olomofe »

I get your point. The reason why the Emperor would desire that Meldorath leave Voulhir would probably be because the author want to emphasise the respect that the Emperor himself gives to Meldorath as to confirm how powerful, influential and probably dangerous he could be.

I'll say the reason is also best known to the Emperor. He once said to Meldorath that as for him, he was different. And this tells us how probably useful or complementary two of them would later turn to be.
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Olomofe »

The idea behind The Emperror telling the Meldorath to leave is somehow complex. But it adds a sense of suspense to the plot

Return to “Discuss We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End (Book 3 of 6)”