Review of Virgin in the Veins

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Israel10
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-israel10.html
Latest Review: Creating Wellbeing and Building Resilience in the Veterinary Profession by Sonja A. Olson, DVM

Review of Virgin in the Veins

Post by Israel10 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Virgin in the Veins" by Julian Harvey.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Readers get to know the legendary 23-year-old Cayleb James Palmer from Memphis, Tennessee, in Julian Harvey's novel Virgin in the Veins. Cayleb, frequently referred to as CJ by his peers, is well-known for his attractiveness, academic excellence, and role as co-captain of the KAPPA ALPHA PSI fraternity. Many people adore and revere Cayleb. Cayleb takes delight in having preserved his virginity over the years. Until the perfect woman enters his life, Cayleb intends to remain chaste. This doesn't stop the ladies from acting flirtatious around Cayleb.

Rita became Floyd Palmer's new companion after Sherryl Palmer, Cayleb's mother, and Floyd Palmer's wife, passed away. Cayleb appears to be unaware of Rita's peculiar, dubious, and possessive interest in him. The Palmers' next-door neighbor, Ms. Garnett, who is preoccupied with tarot card readings, has some suspicions about Rita and thinks that Rita might be acting maliciously. Why does Rita have a romantic interest in Cayleb? What's her motive? To learn more, check out Virgin in the Veins by Julian Harvey.

Julian Harvey has a bright writing style, evident in his storytelling. I appreciate how the tale was introduced and how it briefly explained the history of Cayleb and Paige's friendship. Julian's opening of the novel had the feel of a movie trailer. That alone has the power to draw people in. I find it amusing how mysteries suddenly appear in each chapter. I was even more thrilled when seemingly unimportant discoveries began to appear early in the book—as early as chapter two. This approach sparked my sense of wonder, and I kept thinking that as the narrative went on, this book would start to blow my mind. Indeed, the story got better and better with the progression of each chapter.

I genuinely adore how this book's characters grew. Each character was swiftly brought into the story. It was a little challenging to choose a preferred character because each of the characters had a unique personality. But Cayleb James Palmer's persona was the only one that really grabbed my attention. I appreciate how true to life Julian Harvey created Cayleb's character. His personality is consistently upbeat. He embodies the idea of a "people person," and Cayleb can brighten someone's day with just a few words. It's nearly difficult not to adore him. His existence was not intended to be a stroll in the park, though. Cayleb has challenges that keep him in his thoughts, just like everyone else in reality, which makes his character more relatable.

I discovered nothing about this work that was objectionable. The entire tale is fantastic. Some of the words spoken by certain characters can be quoted. Floyd Palmer said one of my best quotes on page 117 of 509, which is "just because time went by doesn't mean the hope withered away."

Also, this novel was professionally edited, and I only found a few minor grammatical errors. Since the book's high quality is not diminished by the mistakes found in it, I rate Virgin in the Veins 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to fans of fiction and young adult literature because Cayleb James Palmer's tale is filled with suspenseful scenes that are also lightly spiced with romantic moments.

Virgin in the Veins
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Post by Laney K »

Romance mixed with interesting characters sounds like a great book that I'd enjoy. Thanks for the informative review!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

This novel has some interesting elements but I might be old for it and romance is not my thing, so I'm unsure about it. Regardless, thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”