Review of Endgame

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of Endgame

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Endgame" by William Reed.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The war against terrorism had long been ongoing, with all attempts to disband the terrorist organization resulting in little or nothing. It was evident that with the continued pace at which the plague, terrorism, was spreading internationally, the world system would soon be disabled. But this remained a likely event until Nathaniel Jameson, deputy chief of mission at the US Embassy in London, woke up one morning with an idea on how to infiltrate al-Qaeda at the highest level and roll up the “multi-headed monster, which the organization had become." But mind you, this would not be a piece of cake. Would Nat take the dare to bait the notorious organization? And even if he did, would his bait, the president of the US, be willing to take such a risk?

Endgame by William Reed is an action-packed novel with all the interesting thrills of firearms and terrorism. What might come to mind is good-guys and bad-guys warfare, but this book was so designed to exceed that. Staged on a world play, Endgame did not in any way leave out any intriguing factor that would give the reader the best appeal while reading.

My favorite part of this book is the play out of the Jameson family. First, in a book related to terrorism, I expected a major part of the book to be about warheads, firearms, military invasions, and all that. And although there were mentions of this, the writer was still able to introduce an exciting family plot to the story. Like an average American parent, Nat and Sonja had two lovely kids who were not left out in the story at any point. Their POVs or dialogues in the story were as important as that of the president of the US. The writer was able to carry the family life along with the plot of terrorism. This was an excellent idea as the book does not only relate to violence but also to love, family, friendship, and warmth. I liked this about the book.

Another interesting thing in this book is the step-by-step follow-up on scenes and events. Every scene and event in the book was sure to be well narrated and written without any belittling bias to other scenes. Family time was as important as dinner at a friend's place. Likewise, dinner at a friend's house was given the same detailed narration as a meeting with the Russian ambassador. This made details easy to remember and will help readers not focus on only the terrorists' actions. An effect of this is that I definitely would not forget Nat's favorite drink, “Scotch and Perrier water."

Endgame by William Reed is an amazing all-around book. The office activities, CIA actions, religious fundamentalists, warheads (nuclear weapons) threats, a few fake-death scenes, and all the other aspects played an important role in the book. The book was also well edited, so readers are guaranteed ease while reading. Hence, I rate this book five out of five stars. I have no negative complaints to make about this exciting book. I recommend this book to readers who enjoy crime-related genres and action thrillers.

Endgame
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
ojukwu2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojukwu2.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by ojukwu2 »

It's always interesting to come across such wonderful reviews. Adding this book to my bookshelf ASAP for possible reading in the future. Kudos.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

An action-pack thriller about terrorism based on the idea of dismantling Al-Qaeda seems interesting and makes me curious about its development. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I never thought based on the title, cover, and review, this book has a very readable format if I haven't sampled the book. Though I appreciate these aspects of the book, I am not in the mood to indulge in war stories now, so I'll skip this time. Congratulations to the author on BOTD!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Amy Luman
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Any book with so much detail must be necessary. Congratulations on BOTD!!
Domeseo Camus Meda
Currently Reading: The Stealthy Viral Pimpernel
Bookshelf Size: 195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-domeseo-camus-meda.html
Latest Review: The Beautiful Business by Steven Morris

Post by Domeseo Camus Meda »

A BOOK BY WILLIAM REED WHICH TALKS ABOUT TERRORISM ON AN INTERNATIONAL SCALE, THE DEACTIVATION OF THE GLOBAL SYSTEM, THE IDEA OF JAMESON TO INFILTER AI QAIDA AT THE SUMMIT AS A SOLUTION ALSO OF LOVE, FRIENDSHIP, FAMILY AND HEAT. A BOOK FOR CRIME AND ACTION FAN.GOOD REVIEW
Hammed Sodiq Oluwakemi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holuwa-kemi-sola.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Hammed Sodiq Oluwakemi »

Thriller Novels are always amazing, the detailed explanations of every scene and character gives it an edge over movies.
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

This is the genre that I like reading the most. I like that there was a family whose POVs was included. Can’t wait to read this.
Shally Z
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Happiness Project
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shally-z.html
Latest Review: Things that bite in the Night by Deborah Tant
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Shally Z »

This action packed and detailed thriller tackles the idea of ending terrorism. Congrats on BOTD!
tarafarah7
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1440
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Although today's BOTD isn't for me, fans of well-written crime thrillers involving terrorism, war, and family drama will want to pick this one up today. Readers will not only be thoroughly engaged in the action-packed scenes, but also the well-developed characters. Thank you; you really did this book justice. Keep up the great work! :-)
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Today's BOTD is an intriguing plot about a man plotting to end terrorism. I enjoyed reading the sample pages. I was eager to learn how Nat was planning to infiltrate Al-Qaeda. I liked the author's simple and smoothly transitioning writing style. Congrats on the BOTD!
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Towfiq Juma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-towfiq-juma.html
Latest Review: Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem by Dr. Frank L. Douglas

Post by Towfiq Juma »

I was immediately captivated by the sample of the book, as it drew me in and left me wanting to read it in its entirety. Despite the fact that the book revolves around al Qaeda, I appreciate how the author ensures to highlight the positive aspects of Muslims throughout the narrative. It is commendable that the author presents a balanced perspective, acknowledging the complexities and diverse nature of the Muslim community. This approach adds depth and nuance to the story, making it a compelling read. Great review 👍
Nemanja Jankovic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 551
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

In the book "Endgame" by William Reed, the main character is Jameson. This deputy chief of chief of mission at the US Embassy in the UK came up with a bold idea of ​​how to infiltrate terrorists.
Nik_Farysha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nik-farysha.html
Latest Review: The Journalist by John Reid Young

Post by Nik_Farysha »

Previously,I was not a fam of action-packed books or books that are related to war. But todays BOTD really caught my eyes once I read the sample. I like how the author tells his story only through simple yet amazing description. It makes me curious to know more about this book. :D
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Sarah Zain »

Good well written review . The book theme is common but how the author introduce his ideas and mixed it with family relations make it a good read.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”