Review of Global Vice

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 979
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Alien Bonds by Carmen Webster Buxton

Re: Review of Global Vice

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

Modern day slavery is a despicable thing. It would be interesting to see how this book covers it.

Thank you for the great review.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

It is shocking to read that half of the world's population is affected by this man-made plague. This book seems to feature many of the seven deadly sins. I am a thriller fanatic, but I am not sure I can read this horrible story of humankind's inhumanity to his neighbor, all for the love of money.
Akangbe Opeyemi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Qualify
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akangbe-opeyemi.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Akangbe Opeyemi »

It is sad that some people still do the act of human kidnap and even child-sex slavery. This is inhumane and heartless of them. Greed has influenced so many people from seeing how terrible their actions her. Corruption is eating humanity up.
Misael Carlos
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I’m looking forward to digging into this novel to find out how two greedy men of Andrew Rafkin evil organizations will survive COMSEC’s wrath after kidnapping for more money. The book seems to promise a suspense filled and action filled story with a sensitive controversial And yet timely and relevant theme of human trafficking.
azza lia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azza-lia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by azza lia »

This action packed thriller appears interesting to me. I'm captivated by the author's bold exploration of human trafficking and emphasize the consequences of being corrupt. The important and thought-provoking topics seem well discussed that will take readers into deep thinking after finish it. Thanks for your insightful review.
Rowayda Van der Ross
Favorite Book: A Life for a Life
Currently Reading: Murder Charge
Bookshelf Size: 221
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rowayda-van-der-ross.html
Latest Review: Bashert by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Rowayda Van der Ross »

Thank you for a great review of Global Vice by Andrew J. Rafkin. The sample kicks off with an exciting first chapter, but as the review indicates, the book is more than just thugs fighting it out. The gruesome realities of human trafficking, corruption and greed are highlighted in the book by the author. Congratulations on BOTD!
IF YOU CAN BE ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD, THEN BE KIND 8)
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Human trafficking is an interesting plot line for a crime thriller. The meeting of the initial characters of the book is interesting and builds a relationship between the reader and the characters straight away.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1906
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Global Vice' by Andrew J. Rafkin provides the readers with a thorough and reliable picture of the story of the book. I like the way the reviewer relates the book to larger issues. The point that a wealthy Russian mafia oligarch and leader of chains of criminal organizations in over nine countries, named Aleskey Dragunov, is the epicenter of the story is worth mentioning in the review. Also, the point that the author gives a thorough and elaborated expose on the evils of child/human trafficking and child-sex slavery through the characters in his story, as mentioned in the review, is remarkable for readers. It was great to learn that the story is thrilling, insightful, thought-provoking, and gripping!
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Killers’ Therapist by Jonathan David

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

Today's book is a thriller with elements of romance and science fiction. It looks into relevant and timely social issues such as human trafficking, cyber security, and artificial intelligence. Those who appreciate these genres and topics may be interested in this book.
Stephanie Runyon
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The North Factor
Bookshelf Size: 1662
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Crossing Paths by Nina Purtee
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

The BOTD appears to be a fictionalized version of the Epstein island scandal. The child sex trade and human trafficking of young people is a horrendous crime. The government officials often turn a blind eye or take part in this lack of humanity. Nice review.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Jaidyn Taylor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaidyn-taylor.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Jaidyn Taylor »

This is a great review, and important themes to cover in a novel. This sounds like a good read.
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

This thriller sounds like it is well-written, full of action, and satisfies the literary need to destroy and overcome greedy, unethical, depraved people. Great review!
Last edited by Chrystal Oaks on 03 Jun 2023, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.
We do not simply live in this universe. The universe lives within us.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson
Annette Boateng
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 331

Post by Annette Boateng »

Thanks for bringing this modern slavery to mind since most people globally still do not know that their peace of mind is still lying restless in only God knows someone we have not met before to give us reasons for sitting on global happiness. Great review.
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vitality System
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donna-walker.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Donna Walker »

I'm sorry, but the first thing that leaps out at me from your review is "it is shocking to know that over 4.2 billion or more of the world's population is still plunged neck-deep into modernized slavery." This quite simply is not true! There are currently 7.88 billion people on the planet, and you're saying more than half of them are involved in human trafficking or slavery? I literally had to Google this. According to https://traffickinginstitute.org/, there were 24.9 million victims of human trafficking worldwide in 2022, although other sources estimate a higher number at an estimated 49.6 million victims trapped in modern-day slavery. This is very far from 4.3 billion! Sorry to scrutinise your review, but these are hard facts on a very serious subject. I'm unaware whether this was your error or something that was said in the book, or are you just referring to living paycheck to paycheck as modern slavery?

With regards to the book, I really enjoyed reading the sample; it seems like a very fast-paced and exciting read. The synopsis on Amazon makes it sound like a fantastic future action movie.
Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngreader720-oluwabukunmiwilliamsoso.html
Latest Review: Swoosh! Shooting the Perfect Shot by Wajeedah Bilal

Post by Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso »

The book takes readers on an unrelenting exploration of the depths of human trafficking, reminding us of the stark reality that still plagues our world. I've enjoyed the sample so far. Congrats on BOTD.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”