Official Review: Devil Among Us by jack winnick

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Waragu Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 475
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waragu-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Re: Official Review: Devil Among Us by jack winnick

Post by Waragu Samuel »

Although not a great fan of thrillers these days, "Devil Among Us" by Jack Winnick seems to be a novel I should consider reading due to its action-packed nature and the fact that it is a thriller full of suspense. I have added it to my list.
“If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.”~Dr. Theodor Seuss Geisel (1904-1991)
Eugine Ingalwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eugine-ingalwa.html
Latest Review: Multi-Billion-Dollar Pet Food Fraud by Dr Tom Lonsdale

Post by Eugine Ingalwa »

This review covers all the significant aspects of the book. I am excited to witness my favorite duo in action. Lara Uri have always delivered when it comes to crime and terrorists' investigations. I look forward to immerse myself in Winnick's vast knowledge of the geopolitical relationship between USA and Middle Eastern countries. Thank you for this comprehensive review.
Abiodunakinola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: A Secret Life by Mina Bancheva

Post by Abiodunakinola »

The author's expertise in geopolitical matters and historical context, especially in the Middle East, adds depth to the narrative. The dynamic relationship between Lara and Uri is interesting, making their rekindled connection a bright contrast in the midst of the intense thriller atmosphere. Nice review.
Abiodunakinola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: A Secret Life by Mina Bancheva

Post by Abiodunakinola »

The author's expertise in geopolitical matters and historical context, especially in the Middle East, adds depth to the narrative. The dynamic relationship between Lara and Uri is interesting, making their rekindled connection a bright contrast in the midst of the intense thriller atmosphere. Nice review.
Ekene Ginikachi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ekene Ginikachi »

I enjoyed the book, excellent plot development. And talk about the detailed nature of the book, and how the author tried his possible best to make sure we could picture what was happening, giving off as much details as possible; like the "part of the building maintaining it's structural integrity, which made the blast worse as the shock wave was reverberating; there by killing more people."
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 646
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 61%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Phillip Olutosin, I just read your comments on the official review of "Devil Among Us" and this is an incredible read. I highly recommend all five of Jack Winnick's terrorist novels. They all kept me on the edge of my seat until the last page. Jack is an amazing writer. @Mrlefty0706
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 646
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 61%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Abiodunakinola, I just read your comments on the official review of "Devil Among Us" and I agree Winnick has an astounding memory of the Middle East. The group behind the bomb blasts are Islamic terrorists but Jack does not blame all of the Middle Eastern countries, just the terrorists and their leader. @Mrlefty0706

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”