Review of Waterworks

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: The Face of Fear by R. J. Torbert

Re: Review of Waterworks

Post by Harty Muli »

I like the fast-paced action involving the investigative duo of Lara and Uri in this series as they combat terrorism in various hotspots around the globe. Thanks for the review.
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
Bookshelf Size: 95
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

An innocent man moves from the cold side of the the country finally taking his old friends advise by moving to the coast. Seeking the sunny side he finds himself landing a job as a lab assistant testing waters for purity. This is nothing new to him as he used to work at a mortuary just before he moved to the coast. One interesting day he looks behind him to see the aquarium in their office with floating dead fish. His question to his colleague was " what have you been feeding the fish?"

It became a national state of disaster as this was an emergency. There was something wrong with the water. The water needed to be tested before it reached the citizens. It's possible they were already late. Poisoned or contaminated the water was frequently tested only to find out that nothing was amiss. There was nothing in the water. People were constantly warned not to drink the water or give it to the animals. It was late though, pets and birds that drank from the nearby drainage died.

Three weeks before this occurrence a group of terrorist met at a dwelling to discuss a future event. Water poisoning. A water poisoning like no other from an element called Polonium. An element that is harmless at room temperature but deadly when it reaches the vital organs. This would explain why they could not find the element in water but animals died at its ingestion. This is as they discussed for the infidels.

The author here is a good story teller. The twists and turns are unpredictable and the terrorists he keeps introducing to the reader are all like nothing we have seen before. They are smarter and educated . Extremely calculator and measured consequences. This crime thriller is amazing. The plot and characters as well get a complete 5 out 5 rating.
Be yourself and nothing less
Adam Bryce Stern
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adam-bryce-stern.html
Latest Review: Dudesow by Christian R. Scrolls

Post by Adam Bryce Stern »

Another Jack Winnick Masterpiece in the Lara and Uri Series. An incredibly captivating crime thriller with great plot, great characters and gripping suspense. Great read. Congrats on #BOTD
Daniel Iloh
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Daniel Iloh »

Waterworks by Jack Winnick takes terrorism stories to a whole new level of horror. Firearms and missiles are not the only weapons that can terrorize a city. Water supply poisoning is a severe threat. This attack is highly possible because science and technology exist in the real world. The straightforward descriptions of scientific and technological topics are simple to understand. Likewise, the references to real-world occurrences offer sufficient background that makes the plot seem more plausible.
Malleswararao Dasari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malleswararao-dasari.html
Latest Review: Spirituality In Practice by Dr. Krishnamoorthy (Subbu) Subramanian

Post by Malleswararao Dasari »

Waterworks by Jack Winnick amps up the tension by exploring a terrifying threat—water supply poisoning. It's chillingly plausible and the blend of science and real-world references adds credibility. The independent investigation plot twist keeps you hooked. A gripping read with a fresh take on terrorism.
Sarvesh J Yadav 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sky-revews.html
Latest Review: Like a Lily Among the Thorns by Karen S. Bell

Post by Sarvesh J Yadav 1 »

Ticking away the seconds, Lara and Uri hasten to carry out the mission and stop the plan before it is too late. Lara and Uri fans will certainly be thrilled to see them in action again. The crew’s camaraderie and rapport are the main features of the book.
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

After reading this review ,I can already tell that the novel will be captivating and hard to set aside. I'm eager to discover how Lara and Uri, our beloved characters, will rescue the world in this story. Congratulations on being selected as the book of the day!
Ramadevi Tatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ramadevi-tatavarthi.html
Latest Review: A Christian Life.....Connected by Jacksel

Post by Ramadevi Tatavarthi »

I like how it shifts the focus from typical terrorism plots to something as chilling as poisoning the water supply. The blend of real-world science and technology makes it all the more believable. It seems like a gripping read, especially with the added tension of both sides trying to outsmart each other.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading: Words of Weedsdom
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

The detailed exploration of the book's themes, including the use of real-world examples and historical backgrounds, adds depth and authenticity to the narrative, sparking my curiosity to delve into the story's complexities.
Eugine Ingalwa
Currently Reading: The Three Card Trick
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eugine-ingalwa.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Eugine Ingalwa »

Although I have not finished reading this book yet based on my experience with other books in this series, I am aware Jack Winnick consistently delivers good literature. I am excited to meet my favorite duo, Lari and Uri. The fact that they are working independently this time has piqued my curiosity, I'm eager to see how their new dynamic unfolds. Thank you for this comprehensive review!
Chaouki Kramti
Currently Reading: Waterworks
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Chaouki Kramti »

I appreciate the diverse viewpoints of the reviewers I have come across regarding this book. The political backdrop in the story can be challenging to navigate, particularly in light of the current climate. Nonetheless, it is important to remember that the novel is a work of fiction. I admire the exploration of personal relationships in the narrative, highlighting the struggles of two individuals who are fighting for a greater cause while also yearning for a sense of normalcy and the dream of starting a family
Muhammad Haikal Birton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-haikal-birton.html
Latest Review: Anti-Black Prejudice In America by Anders Eklof

Post by Muhammad Haikal Birton »

Join Lara and Uri in a heart-pounding race against time to safeguard the nation's water supply in "Waterworks" - a thrilling tale of intrigue and danger.
Anjana Savita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjana-savita.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Anjana Savita »

Nice review that did a great job of summarizing and highlighting both the book's positive and negative features.
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

Once again, Lara and Uri are in action, this time preventing terrorism of a new and particularly nasty type, water borne. As usual this will cruelly eliminate ate a lot of innocents and in this tightly packaged, highly readable novel Winnie’s has again written a good book.
yashasswi sama
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yashasswi-sama.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by yashasswi sama »

The story follows John McEwan, a musically talented extrovert, and Emma Simon, a deaf introvert, as they get involved in a conflict that could affect their lives. This was not my favorite genre, but nevertheless, there are people who love to read this book. I enjoyed reading their story.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”