Official Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ankitg Yadav
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ankitg-yadav.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Re: Official Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Post by Ankitg Yadav »

The act of attacking the preschool is not all; it is just the beginning, and when Lara and Uri find out the reality, they come to know of a bigger scheme at work. It is evident that the thrill of the fans increases with each passing minute as they try to stop the occurrence of any more bloodshed.
Annalisa Whyte
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annalisa-whyte.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama

Post by Annalisa Whyte »

Great review. I like the use of historical events in this story. The title kind of caught me off guard and deterred my interest in the book however this review has brought back my interest so I'll be looking to read this one soon.
Joslyn Erickson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by Joslyn Erickson »

I'm intrigued! In today's current political climate, this seems more relevant than ever and it's important to show that, no matter where someone is from they can and will serve the country in which they live and work (USA). I've always loved crime/mystery dramas and the snippet of the book I was able to read caught my attention. Looking forward to getting this book out and reading cover to cover. Cheers!
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 648
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 61%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“Devil in False Colors” by Jack Winnick is the 3rd book in Winnick’s fictional 5-book Lara and Uri series. This story begins with a massacre of five young Jewish children in their classroom. The bodies were mutilated by the terrorists and this act really turned my stomach. To kill innocent children is a horrendous act that will drive Lara and Uri to hunt down the perpetrators and their leader. This reminds me of the Russian missiles that have been fired at Ukrainian schools and hospitals that have killed innocent children. These acts cannot be tolerated, and the perps must be hunted down and brought to justice. I highly recommend this book. Very good review.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Essential Gut Health for Women Over 50 by JL Service

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

I've watched several movies as regards this Arab terrorism, and one thing that baffles me every time is how these people an be so heartless to anything and anyone that isn't there. In this book now I'm trying to understand how someone can have the mind to harm preschool children. It's incredible!
Azi Joseph
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azi-joseph.html
Latest Review: Living a Life in Balance by Abdullah Boulad

Post by Azi Joseph »

Devil in False Colors, by Jack Winnick, Is very interesting to read storyline, as I read from the review description, the book is a fiction book about URI and Lara the FBI agent who it's duty is to investigate the killers of multiple children in the book and bring them to justice. Congratulations on your BOTD
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Anu Anand »

Devil in False Colors impressively blends fiction with historical and political realities. The author skillfully weaves themes of international terrorism, Iran's nuclear threat, and geopolitical complexities. Congrats on BOTD!
Himanshu K Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-himanshu-k-yadav.html
Latest Review: Rem's Chance by Dave J. Andrae

Post by Himanshu K Yadav »

Lara and Uri possess the knowledge required for his kind of investigation but clearly have messed up the past. Under such circumstances, personal feelings recall them, not in conventional circumstances but in different ones. Lara attempts to get familiar under the disguise of a fresh Muslim, whereas Uri tries to gain cell trust.
Ram Sahni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-sahni.html
Latest Review: WTF! The Chase by Marc Longcor

Post by Ram Sahni »

FBI agent Lara Edmond, along with Mossad operative Uri Levin, are reported to the investigating unit. In quick succession, they see that this is just one triggered event of a group of actions that espouse a dangerous plot directed at the democracy of the world.
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-tush4christ.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Elizabeth-Tush4Christ »

Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick is another book in the Lara and Uri series. The author grips the attention of the readers from the first few pages with a detailed analysis of events. The book is written in a style that will help you put your imagination to good use; with this, you can almost feel the actions in the story as though you're in an action movie plot.
The relationship between Lara and Uri is exceptional and I like that the author developed a great plot to keep us asking for more. Both characters joined forces in this book to take down another evil plot but as an undercover. The success of the mission rests heavily on their shoulders. Thank you for the review and congratulations to the author on BOTD.
Ram Uday Mahajan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

Your review of "Devil in False Colors" by Jack Winnick is comprehensive and insightful. The way you've analyzed the geopolitical elements and character development shows a deep understanding of the book. Your appreciation for the author's skill in weaving historical events into the plot is evident. Great review!
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: Behind the Eyes of Zylo Moon by David Nathaniel Nealis

Post by Merits Anih »

While a work of fiction, the book doesn't shy away from taking some controversial political stances, such as criticizing legislation that allegedly hindered FBI counterterrorism efforts in the name of privacy.
Sky Revews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sky-revews.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S. Lee

Post by Sky Revews »

Devil in False Colors is considered for intense thriller admirers with an undercurrent of politics. If you are seeking a detailed characterization, this film might not be the best bet to fix it. Congrats on #BOTD!
Nabweteme Gloria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nabweteme Gloria »

It sounds like "Devil in False Colors" by Jack Winnick is an intriguing blend of international intrigue and personal connections.Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Sounds like a gripping story with interesting characters and global intrigue. Your review makes me curious to check it out!"
Abhishek Kumar Gupta
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhishek-kumar-gupta.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 365
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Abhishek Kumar Gupta »

Thank you for your detailed and insightful review of "Devil in False Colors" by Jack Winnick. Your analysis of the geopolitical elements woven into the plot is engaging, and it's great to hear that the author effectively incorporates historical events into the narrative. Your appreciation for the depiction of pressing global issues and the nuanced backgrounds presented in the novel is well-noted. It's wonderful to hear that you found the characters, particularly Lara, to be well-developed and engaging. Your critique of some politically charged viewpoints provides a balanced perspective on the book's content. Overall, your review is thorough and informative, and your 4-star rating along with your recommendation adds weight to your positive impressions of the book. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”