Review of As The Secrets Turn

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 993
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Unbound by Jocelyn Maxwell

Re: Review of As The Secrets Turn

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

I hope Madison and Justin are able to have their happily ever after.

Thank you for the great review.
Jorge Leon Salazar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

This story seems to be full of family incidents and dramas around Madison and Justin. It includes intrigue, suspense and romance. The characters look attractive since they are relatable to readers. Sounds interesting!
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: Five Keys of Self Love by Hina Yu Cao
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 7%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

I love stories about family dramas, but I am still surprised to find that Justin and Madison are step-siblings. I am sure I will have a blast reading it.
azza lia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azza-lia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by azza lia »

An intriguing romance thriller where familial love triumphs amid chaos. From the review, the blends of mystery and suspense with emotional rollercoaster of family dramas is engaging. Making the book a page turner. Thank you for the recommendation. Although romance isn't my thing, I enjoyed your review. Well done.
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

This is the third book in a series, although the author states it can be read as a standalone. I don’t disagree with that based on the beginning of the book. However, I'm also not sure what to make of the story, it hasn't quite done enough to hook me in.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 687
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I was pleasantly surprised to see that B Truly has another series going. I am not a romance reader, though. I still got the free book and will give it a try.
shiremaiden
Currently Reading: Remembering the Future
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiremaiden.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub

Post by shiremaiden »

Wow, the drama in the story is palpable in this review. Intrigue, family relationships, female power... there is a lot of layers! I like how you mentioned being intrigued by the gossip and secrets, too! Yay for books that show this part of "humanity".
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1919
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: As the Secrets Turn' by B. Truly allows the readers to comprehend the plot of the action thriller story. It takes a look at the book from every angle. The point that the author's story was about the bonds of family and the love they share, no matter how unconventional, is worth mentioning in the review. Readers would find the characters' dialogues filled with wittiness and humor, making the story fun. Also, as mentioned in the review, the book was a creative blend of mystery, thriller, and romance. Learning that the book was authentic and had its share of intrigue and suspense was great!
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Miedo a Subir de Peso: Qué es. Por qué lo tienes. Cómo reprogramarlo
Bookshelf Size: 2404
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: The Perfect Life by Anne Callahan
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

However, when random omens started to manifest—from a turbulent flight, a missing wedding dress, a reckless driver, and a mysterious fortune teller to a horrific incident, Madison started to wonder whether they were signs, as she questioned the very reason she was in Jamaica.

That sounds pretty ominous. I'd be a bit spooked, too. Also, I don't know how I feel about step-siblings being romantic. It's kind of icky.
The story dropped me in the middle of a series of family dramas — some hilarious and others not so much. The story started with a family event and was nothing short of exciting, with a long trail of spilled secrets left behind. It was a roller coaster of one dramatic incident to another. It reminded me of the drama that usually went down in Madea's Family Reunion. The Jenkins and the Guillory family brought with them a lot of thrill. Despite all the commotion, Truly's story was one about the bonds of family and the love they share, no matter how unconventional.
Families are an endless source of stories...
The characters came through as real human beings that readers could relate to. The author didn't present them through a rose-colored, fairytale, happily-ever-after lens. I saw them as they were — scared, disappointed, self-doubting, broken, loved, etc. Most significantly, I saw them navigate relationships with their turpsy curves even as they were subject to the unpredictability of fate and life.
What a beautiful description! You should consider pursuing writing, too.
The characters' dialogues were a scintillating part of the story. They were filled with wittiness and humor, making the story fun and entertaining. As a reader, I appreciated how I was privy to the inside gossip and secrets through conversations between characters and much more. The revelations were made in dramatic ways. Through the conversations, readers who had not read the previous books would get some insight into the story's background.
Witty dialogues always liven up a story. Thank you for your fantastic review!
Deborah Belanger
Currently Reading: The Bulletproof Missionary
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Deborah Belanger »

Thank you for your thorough review on "As The Secrets Turn" by B. Truly. It's fascinating to hear how you skillfully weave together family drama, mystery, and romance to create a captivating narrative. Your insights into the authenticity of the characters and their dialogues highlight the depth of the storytelling. The characters came through as real human beings that readers could relate to. The author didn't present them through a rose-colored, fairytale, happily-ever-after lens. I saw them as they were — scared, disappointed, self-doubting, broken, loved, etc. This book is temporarily free on Amazon so I have put it on my shelf to read and because the other two books are on "kindle unlimited" I have also added them to my shelf. I do want to note that Amazon has noted that this is a stand-a-lone book so you don't have to purchase or read the other two books. Congratulations to the author for BOTD.

:tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown:
Misael Carlos
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I’m looking forward to digging into this novel to how the relationship of Madison and Justin will pan out as their wedding draws near, with secrets spilling out along the way.
Cheryl Erickson
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

This young adult book follows the forbidden love story of Madison and Justin, and it is filled with romance, drama, and suspense. I would prefer to read book one and book two first, so that I can understand the complete history of the characters. Thank you for such a positive and encouraging book review.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting thriller/mystery story following a couple who is set to be married in Jamaica, but a series of unfortunate or bad events seem to get in the way of the couple's happy festivities. Will they get the wedding that they planned? It might be worth a second look. Well done.
Chinazo Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

That's a lot of omens! I hope Madison and Justin finally have their special day hitch-free. I'm really interested in the plot, so I'll check out this book.
Laiman Mmnto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laiman-mmnto.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Post by Laiman Mmnto »

Family versus family? :arrow: Sparing in an arena of a mystical destination? :idea2: Piques my interest. I wander what's the secrets that would turn up. :shock2:

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”