Review of As The Secrets Turn

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 485
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Re: Review of As The Secrets Turn

Post by Reva Parker »

Thank you for your great review. I'm glad that you liked the book. I agree with you that the characters will all realistic and we could identify with at least one of the characters. I'm glad it was easy to understand even without reading the previous books. From sampling the book, I did enjoy it and after reading your review I decided to add it to my list of books to read.
Ekassiba Ochuku
Currently Reading: Journeying with God in the Wilderness: A 40 Day Lent Devotional Through the Book of Numbers
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekassiba-ochuku.html
Latest Review: Surviving The Mental Health Jungle by Patrice Shavone Brown

Post by Ekassiba Ochuku »

A unique combination of romance and thriller. The book has great elements family drama with strong female characters. The thriller part of it excites me. Will definitely read it. Thank you for a great review. Congracts!
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Family drama, long-kept secrets, and well-developed characters- the books sounds 'truly' appealing! Thanks for the awesome review!
Suvankar Das 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suvankar-das-1.html
Latest Review: The Illusion of Superiority by Christopher Joseph

Post by Suvankar Das 1 »

Excited to snag 'As The Secrets Turn' while it's free! Perfect for a suspenseful escape with romance and mystery all rolled into one.
Kamsirionna Anyika
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Kamsirionna Anyika »

A 5 out of 5?
Wow
Well, it's the BOTD, so I shouldn't be surprised. I'm not much of a romance and family drama reader, but I'm actually intrigued by your review. Nice one
_Rhea Jacob
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

It looks like an intriguing book filled with mysteries, secrets, romance, family and love. Thank you for your review!
Wajida Begum
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 221
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wajida-begum.html
Latest Review: Cancer sucks... by Christiane Constantineau

Post by Wajida Begum »

"As The Secrets Turn" by B. Truly revolves around destination wedding of Madison Guillory and her Justin Jenkins in Jamaica, where unexpected things occur. The central plot of the book is when Madison is questioning the reason behind landing in Jamaica. Overall, amazing reading experience.
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub

Post by Hy Be »

"As The Secrets Turn" by B. Truly is a story about Madison Guillory and Justin Jenkins who are in Jamaica for their destination wedding . The author weaved themes of mystery, humor, self-discovery and familial bonds in this book
Ram Uday Mahajan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

Your review of "As The Secrets Turn" by B. Truly is thorough and insightful, highlighting the complex family dynamics and emotional depth of the characters. You've effectively captured the essence of the story, making it clear why you found it engaging and enjoyable. Great job!
Abraham Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Post by Abraham Ozo »

"An exhilarating roller coaster of family drama with hilarious twists and heartfelt bonds, 'As The Secrets Turn' immerses readers in a whirlwind of spilled secrets, turbulent relationships, and unpredictable revelations, reminiscent of a modern-day 'Madea's Family Reunion'."
Shewaofafrica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shewaofafrica.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Shewaofafrica »

"As The Secrets Turn by B. Truly intricately weaves a tale of family drama and love, set against the backdrop of a destination wedding in Jamaica, delivering a roller coaster of emotions and unveiling the raw complexity of human relationships."
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

Congratulations on the BOTD award. It is a romance, suspense, thriller, mystery book. The reviewer has given an overview of the content. There were emotional moments showcased. I just can't wait to read this novel.
Seamstress
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85

Post by Seamstress »

Unfortunately, it still sounds to me like regular teenage drama and I am way too old to find it interesting. The description seems very typical, and I am afraid that after living so many ears myself, I gained enough understanding about real problems and troubles. Sorry, I will have to skip. Anyway, congrats with BOTD!
Rahul Singh 29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahul-singh-29.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by Rahul Singh 29 »

Thank you for sharing your review of “As The Secrets Turn” by B. Truly. It sounds like the book offers a compelling mix of family drama, romance, and suspense. While I'm not typically fond of this genre, your description of the realistic characters and engaging storytelling has piqued my interest. Congratulations to the author, B. Truly, for creating a captivating story that seems to resonate with readers across different preferences. #BOTD!
Life is a play where we are the actors and the audience, We laugh and cry, love and hate, create and destroy,
We seek to know ourselves and others, to belong and to be free, We accept what we can and change what we must.
Ika Apro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Always Losing Something by Max Green

Post by Ika Apro »

There are so many ties in this relationship! It feels like a whole bloodline of a few generations reunited but not in a good sense. It is so sad to find out that your fiance is your step-sibling. I am really intrigued on how this problem will be solved.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”