Review of Crime Healer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
sanjeev maurya
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjeev-maurya.html
Latest Review: Tizzy Wheels, A Holofilm Neurobiology Almanac by Ele May or Alkie Ceolin

Review of Crime Healer

Post by sanjeev maurya »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Crime Healer" by Patrick A. Davy.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Crime Healer" by Patrick A. Davy is a captivating novel that takes readers on a thrilling journey with former Correctional Officer Bernard Spence. As Bernard heads home to his Brooklyn apartment, he encounters three disrespectful teenagers on the subway, setting off a chain of events that will test his bravery and determination. What starts as a simple commute quickly turns into a flurry of activities reminiscent of his days at New York's Rikers Island prison.

Davy's storytelling is nothing short of brilliant, with a narrative that flows effortlessly from one chapter to the next. The author's writing style is engaging, drawing readers into Bernard's world and making them care deeply about the characters and their stories. Despite the relatively short length of the book, Davy manages to develop each character in depth, making them feel real and relatable. The book is a perfect blend of humour, seriousness, thrills, and adventure, making it an addictive read that is hard to put down.

One of the standout features of "Crime Healer" is its impeccable editing. Not a single typo or error can be found in the entire book, which is a testament to the author's attention to detail and commitment to producing professional-quality work. The editing, combined with Davy's flawless writing style, makes for a reading experience that is both enjoyable and immersive.

While there is very little to dislike about "Crime Healer," some readers may find the book to be too short. The author's ability to create such a rich and engaging story in a relatively short amount of time is a testament to his talent as a writer. However, this is a minor quibble in an otherwise flawless book.

"Crime Healer" is a must-read for anyone looking for a fun and thrilling novel. Patrick A. Davy has crafted a compelling story with engaging characters and a fast-paced plot that will keep readers on the edge of their seats. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars and highly recommend it to all readers.

Crime Healer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fantastic Voyage II
Bookshelf Size: 441
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Writing for the Vialins by Anna Yusuf
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 56%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a short and intense thriller and I'm curious to discover how the protagonist acts when things get nasty. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Chi Chiu Michael Mak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chi-chiu-michael-mak.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas

Post by Chi Chiu Michael Mak »

A short story is ok as long as it has substance. Time is money after all, haha... it also means I can binge it in one setting, to experience the mixture of levity and tension, and then read it one more time. Can't wait to add it to my collection!
I write the best reviews possible. :idea2:
Kristin Cowan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: On the Wings of Ideas by Gabriella Balcom

Post by Kristin Cowan »

Great review. I’m curious as to what the title refers to.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”