Review of The Contraption

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saima Rahman
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saima-rahman.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Review of The Contraption

Post by Saima Rahman »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Contraption" by Barton Allen Stewart.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Contraption by Barton Allen Stewart is a fast-paced adventure, leaving you yearning for more. 

What unfolds when your fiancée vanishes months before your wedding? Upon discovering she's been ensnared by one of the deadliest cults, what sacrifices will you make to rescue her? What measures will you take to bring her back? Join Sergeant Matthias Pleasant on his race against time and dangerous adversaries to save his beloved Audrey Crane. 

The writing is both simple and exceptional. Immersing readers in action from the start, the narrative immediately grabs attention. Charles Bienville's adept explanation of the Contraption adds depth to the story. The characters embody resilience and fortitude, with Matthias's unwavering determination to rescue Audrey tugging at the heartstrings. Despite being subjected to brainwashing, Audrey maintains her inner strength and strives to improve her circumstances, a truly commendable feat. The highlight of the book for me is when Matthias and Prindibin finally meet, showcasing Matthias's gentle nature and Prindibin's abundant capacity for love. Moreover, the narrative skillfully balances critical moments with touches of humour. 

I found nothing to dislike about the story. It begins strongly and concludes satisfactorily, rendering it an enjoyable, fast-paced narrative brimming with adventure. The book is impeccably edited and devoid of errors. 

The storyline is robust, matched by the strength of the characters. I appreciated the depth of the characters' backstories and how they laid the groundwork for the ensuing action. The climax delivers thrills and surprises aplenty. Prindibin shines through, displaying remarkable strength and resilience. Divided into three parts, each surpasses the last in its abundance of adventures. The interplay of family dynamics within the Pleasant and Crane families, as well as their rescue team, was particularly engaging. The writing is commendable, introducing unexpected twists at opportune moments. Additionally, the book sheds light on the destructive and perilous nature of cults, offering active resources for assistance. For these reasons and more, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. 

I recommend this book to those who relish suspense, thrillers, drama, adventure, and action. Readers intrigued by tales of cults and their survivors will find this book especially captivating. It is truly a highly rewarding read.

The Contraption
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kauser Sajjad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kauser-sajjad.html
Latest Review: The Vine by Adria L. Dunn
2024 Reading Goal: 300
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kauser Sajjad »

"The Contraption" by Barton Allen Stewart is a gripping adventure that keeps readers on the edge of their seats. Sergeant Matthias Pleasant embarks on a perilous quest to rescue his fiancée, Audrey Crane, from a deadly cult, showcasing his unwavering determination and resilience. The narrative is engaging from the start, blending intense action with moments of humor and depth. The characters are well-developed, particularly Matthias and Audrey, whose strength and resolve are truly inspiring. The story is well-paced, culminating in a thrilling climax with surprising twists. Impeccably edited, this book is a must-read for fans of suspense, thrillers, and action-packed adventures. I highly recommend it and rate it 5 out of 5 stars.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Fated Sky
Bookshelf Size: 440
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Writing for the Vialins by Anna Yusuf
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 55%

Post by NetMassimo »

Cults can be extremely dangerous, so a thriller that involves one of them is intense for sure. The twists keep the suspense throughout the novel, making it even more engaging. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”