Review of The Date Farm

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rozy Momoh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Re: Review of The Date Farm

Post by Rozy Momoh »

From your review, the book seems like an interesting action book. Having a theme of international espionage makes it more appealing to me. I hope to read it soon. Thanks for the review.
Caterine Potes Morales
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caterine-potes-morales.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Caterine Potes Morales »

Great review! "The Date Farm" sounds like a thrilling addition to Jack Winnick’s series. I love how you highlighted the blend of personal and professional challenges faced by Lara and Uri, and how the story pays tribute to unsung heroes. The examination of heroes and villains from different perspectives seems thought-provoking. Also, the seamless integration of the book into the series, while still making it stand-alone, is impressive.
Amos Osinya
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amos-osinya.html
Latest Review: Swallows Also Fall by CR Armeny

Post by Amos Osinya »

Detectives stories are always interesting as they are intelligently crafted. This must be a great story of Uri and Lara with Mossad featured. Can't wait to read it.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting thriller novel about a pair of anti-terrorism government agents, Uri and Lara, tasked with investigating a terrorist attack at a Beverly Hills mall and preventing a future attack on US soil. It seems to be worth another look. Well done.
Gayatri Tripathi
Favorite Book: E M P Honeymoon
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gayatri-tripathi.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by Gayatri Tripathi »

Your review beautifully encapsulates the essence of "The Date Farm." I particularly admire your insight into the portrayal of heroes and villains, transcending the boundaries of nationality and delving into the complexities of individual choices and causes. The examination of the characters' private thoughts and struggles adds depth to the narrative, reminding us of the multifaceted nature of those who serve in the shadows. Your assessment of the book's accessibility to both new readers and loyal fans of the series is insightful, highlighting its ability to stand alone while enticing curiosity for previous installments. Thank you for sharing your thoughtful reflections on this captivating work.
Shiru Elizabeth
Currently Reading: The Riddle of Alchemy
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiru-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by C.L. Pratt

Post by Shiru Elizabeth »

With realistic and likeable characters, rich descriptions, and clever dialogue, the novel is well-written and captivating. The writer adeptly captures the various environments and societies, ranging from the tranquil countryside of Lara's birthplace to the bustling streets of New York. Congrats on BOTD.
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Abiodunakinola »

The narrative weaves a compelling blend of personal and professional challenges for Lara and Uri, highlighting the stark contrast between the tranquility of family life and the high-stakes world of international espionage. The urgent call from FBI headquarters introduces a gripping twist, adding an extra layer of suspense to their mission. Nice review.
Bobbie Wolf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bobbie-wolf.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Bobbie Wolf »

I am not normally attracted to international espionage books, but I do like fast-paced books. After reading your review, this book sounds interesting, and I might give it a look. The only thing that concerns me is that animal cruelty is referred to in the book. That is a subject I never want to read about. I do like books that follow the same characters throughout a series. I will keep this book/series in mind.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I’m looking forward to digging into this novel to find out how the power couple investigators Uri and Lara will stop the terrorists from creating more havoc in Los Angeles and New York
Azi Joseph
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azi-joseph.html
Latest Review: Living a Life in Balance by Abdullah Boulad

Post by Azi Joseph »

Thank you for this perfect review from "The Date Farm by Jack Winnick, Lara and Uri have expressed so much interest in their work from FBI headquarter I will appreciate their efforts In their job, even at the end time of their leave Lara and Uri have put more effort to track down the attackers In the new York City "Lara and Uri are on a mission to track down the culprits and find the real target of the attacks" also thanks for writing this wonderful book by Jack Winnick congratulations on your BOTD
Azi Joseph
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azi-joseph.html
Latest Review: Living a Life in Balance by Abdullah Boulad

Post by Azi Joseph »

Thank you for this perfect review from "The Date Farm by Jack Winnick, Lara and Uri have expressed so much interest in their work from FBI headquarter I will appreciate their efforts In their job, even at the end time of their leave Lara and Uri have put more effort to track down the attackers In the new York City "Lara and Uri are on a mission to track down the culprits and find the real target of the attacks" also thanks for writing this wonderful book by Jack Winnick congratulations on your BOTD
Paul Great Grace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-great-grace.html
Latest Review: Creative Destruction by Alastair Bowman
2024 Reading Goal: 70
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Paul Great Grace »

The Date Farm is an amazing and thrilling novel. The characters were Lara and Uri. You need to check it out. Congratulations on BOTD.
_Rhea Jacob
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

It looks like an interesting book that deals with geopolitical issues, international espionage and contains a splash of romance. I look forward to reading it. Thank you for your review!
Khushi Yadav 8
Favorite Book: The Unfakeable Code®
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushi-yadav-8.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 17%

Post by Khushi Yadav 8 »

I'm so excited to read this series. Finally they got married and then there are new threats too. Too thrilling and romantic. I'm so gonna read this. I just want to make sure that there no more sequel to the books. Because I cannot hold my curiosity, I want to read this whole series in one go. :techie-studyinggray:
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Priya Murugesan »

I am very interested in knowing about Lara and Uri. I love reading action thrillers and I have added this book to my reading list!
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”