Review of The Devil's in the Daughter

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dani Elle Ele
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: It Was What It Was by Daniel Pace

Re: Review of The Devil's in the Daughter

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

Tiley skillfully delves into themes surrounding family relationships, allegiance, and deceit, enriching the narrative. Through protagonist Freja's pursuit to unravel the mystery surrounding her father's demise, readers are immersed in a realm of hidden truths and treachery, eagerly tracking her progress throughout her quest.
Jerry Williams 3
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-williams-3.html
Latest Review: Somawise by Luke Sniewski

Post by Jerry Williams 3 »

The Devil's in the Daughter" by Melvin P. Tiley immerses readers in a gripping tale of family secrets, betrayal, and the quest for justice. From the outset, Tiley sets a suspenseful tone with the apparent suicide of Colin Jarvis, a tragedy that sets off a chain of events leading to Freja's determined pursuit of the truth.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fantastic Voyage II
Bookshelf Size: 441
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Writing for the Vialins by Anna Yusuf
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 56%

Post by NetMassimo »

Colin's apparent suicide leaves his family devastated but was that actually a suicide? The answer is in a plot that seems full of suspense with secrets that are revealed throughout the novel. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Badger Martin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-badger-martin.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Badger Martin »

This book features themes such as determination, betrayal and more. I enjoyed reading your review.
Silas Saint
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silas-saint.html
Latest Review: Somawise by Luke Sniewski

Post by Silas Saint »

The Devil's in the Daughter" by Melvin P. Tiley seems to be a gripping tale of mystery and intrigue, pulling readers into a web of suspicion and deception from the very first page.
R Chinaza Onwuka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Banished
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-chinaza-onwuka.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by R Chinaza Onwuka »

One thing about the truth is that it will always be uncovered. I hope that they succeed in uncovering the truth in Colin's murder. Thanks for the great review.
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Julius Peters »

"The depth of character development in 'The Devil's in the Daughter' is truly remarkable. Freja's resilience and bravery in the face of danger make her a compelling protagonist, and Jiera Patel's transformation into a formidable detective is inspiring. This book is a masterclass in crafting strong, multidimensional characters.
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Robert Cortes »

As a prospective reader, I find "The Devil's in the Daughter" by Melvin P. Tiley intriguing. The review highlights a complex narrative involving family secrets, betrayal, and a determined quest for truth. Freja's journey to uncover her father's murder, facing numerous challenges along the way, promises a gripping read. The well-developed characters and the blend of psychological and forensic elements add depth to the story. With high praise for its suspenseful plot and educational value, this novel seems perfect for fans of thrilling mysteries and character-driven stories.
Sleek Pace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sleek-pace.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Sleek Pace »

This review provides a compelling overview of "The Devil's in the Daughter" by Melvin P. Tiley. The reviewer praises the gripping storyline, well-developed characters, and the educational value of the book. The reviewer highlights Freja's bravery and determination, as well as Jiera's transformation into a powerful force for justice. The overall rating of five stars indicates that this book is highly recommended for fans of suspenseful mysteries. Compelling climax, left me breathless with anticipation.
Sleek Pace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sleek-pace.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Sleek Pace »

Alooma! This book review got me all excited! "The Devil's in the Daughter" sounds like an absolute thrill ride of a murder mystery. The web of intrigue, family secrets, and betrayal, combined with the determination of the main character Freja, has me itching to dive into this story. Plus, I love how the book explores forensic science and investigation procedures. Mahalo for the recommendation! Evocative imagery, painted vivid pictures in my mind.
Esther Deekor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-deekor.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Esther Deekor »

I admire Freya's bravery to uncover the truth behind her father's death disguised as suicide and wonder if her mother was murdered too. I hope that she uncovers the mystery behind her father's death unhurt. Thank you for this review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”