Review of Young Americans

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joy Stanley
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-stanley.html
Latest Review: Young Americans by Peter S. Rush

Review of Young Americans

Post by Joy Stanley »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Young Americans" by Peter S. Rush.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Peter S. Rush's Young Americans is a compelling crime novel. I liked how authentic it seemed. It was a true reflection of the crime movie scenes that people watch on television. It was wonderful to read this in print. I was grinning when Tommy got caught, and he said the same things I always hear in interesting crime films. Tommy questioned the police about whether they believed this to be a movie, which made it even more intriguing. The suspense and humor in this book were enjoyable. I like that the issues in this book were not hastily resolved. The story's structure and premise were well thought out by the author. I enjoyed being able to postpone my ultimate thrill and satisfaction. It was worthwhile when I read the book's conclusion.

Tommy is the subject of Peter S. Rush's book, Young Americans. Tommy is a young man from Florida's Tampa Bay area. Despite his brother's repeated warnings, he sold drugs because he didn't have all he desired as a child and didn't have the best childhood. However, Tommy was unyielding and ignored his brother's counsel. Tommy was in love with Sandy. Her family was wealthy. Everything she could have asked for was hers. After she introduced him to Harry, a baron involved in the drug trade, the situation changed. Tommy, in his desperation, saw this as an opportunity to turn his life around for the better. Throughout it all, he never trusted Harry; instead, he harbored suspicions about him. He had no idea Harry could go to that extent, but Harry presented him with a murder case, as he had anticipated, upon discovering the murder weapon. This won't be an easy task for Tommy. Is this how he's being punished for dealing drugs, or is this something he will always remember? 

The author of this book skillfully describes the chaos of drug misuse and sales over the globe, which makes it an engaging read. In a novel approach, the author places corruption, incompetent leadership, and bad parenting at the core of society's drug problem. This novel, in my opinion, is fantastic since it offers a fictional glimpse into actual events. It was nothing that I detested. Because it is enjoyable to read and has unexpected twists, I give this book five out of five stars. This book has flawless editing. Adults should read this book because it will help them comprehend the dangerous world of drug usage and sales, as well as the harm it can do to innocent lives.

Young Americans
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sandre Lamar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Sandre Lamar »

This book message stays with me it’s really helpful I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a great read.
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
Bookshelf Size: 95
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

This book sounds amazing . It is always right before they make a decision to leave this lifestyle that they het caught or die. An influenced life has its own consequences. I love this review it was so well summarised and straight to the point. Definitely the kind of book I would read
Be yourself and nothing less
Rozy Momoh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Rozy Momoh »

It's never too much highlighting the issues of drugs and their consequences through books. Of course, bad parenting and leadership chiefly birth these issues. It seems like a gripping crime novel. Thanks for your clear review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”