Review of Second Chance Killer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: The Bear with No Hair and the Mystery of the Stolen Fur Coat by Michelle Renee Avis

Review of Second Chance Killer

Post by Salome Ogani »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Second Chance Killer" by Bradley Cornish.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Damon's life took a turn during his delivery service in a rich neighborhood. He discovered the death of Susan Bigley but didn't call the cops due to his drug intake during his delivery service. Although he planned to cover the incident and go on with his life, it didn't work out as a well-known detective (Detective Wise) took the case. The detective manipulated the case to end Damon in jail, even though Damon's defendant, Mr. Curtis, fought hard, having a conviction that Damon was innocent. Although the case was about to be in their favor, Mr. Curtis lost his life after learning information about Detective Wise from Justin Farlow. Mr. Curtis was Justin's father's defendant, and he and his sister (Nikki) had lost their father without him being acquitted.

Working in a drug-induced state brought Damon more trouble than he could bargain for. His life took a turn after he was sent to prison for a crime for which he could not figure out if he was the culprit. Life in jail could have been served smoothly until the turn of events made him discover more secrets that Jekyll Island didn't show the world. Second Chance Killer by Bradley Cornish gives a detailed account of the unexpected turn of events that will captivate you. Hence, I recommend that you get yourself a copy of this book.

I so much enjoyed the suspense and twist of events in this book. The beginning of the novel is very different from the ending. I like the twist and my inability to predict the storyline in the second half of the story. I must compliment the author for such a wonderful delivery of the plot. The impact of drugs on people and the consequences of one's lifestyle were clearly shown in this book. Justin and Nikki's lives show that faith and love from someone can transform and help mold one's life. Although both of them took different paths in life, their faith brought them together with the common goal of proving their father's innocence.

The character I loved most in this book was Nikki. I admired her for trying to reopen Damon's case because she had a feeling that his case was similar to her father's, who was arrested for a similar crime. The phase experienced by Damon in prison allowed him to give his life to Jesus after the death of his wife, Olivia, who suffered from metastatic breast cancer. Damon Faulkner's life shows that it is never too late to repent and allow the leadership of the Holy Spirit, regardless of how life is. The joy and peace that he has are something that is lacking in society today. His life is intertwined with David (in the Bible), and although he changed his name to David, he never knew the implications until he went to Israel. Detective Wise and Detective Harrison display how the legal system can be twisted in this present age by people's selfish desires.

I recommend Second Chance Killer by Bradley Cornish to those who love investigative stories, as they will totally love it. The book was professionally edited, and there was nothing I disliked about it. It is my pleasure to rate it 5 out of 5 stars.

Second Chance Killer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rozy Momoh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Rozy Momoh »

The consequences of our wrong choices, especially the use of drugs, are sometimes difficult to bear. A book with suspense and good twist is always a satisfying read.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

If even Damon doesn’t know for sure if he is innocent or not why should anyone think that he is? I would like to find out more about Damon’s father’s case and how it is related to his own. I’ll get this novel. Thanks!
Ifeanyi Nwokike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Ifeanyi Nwokike »

An investigative storyline from the book "Second Chance Killer" by Bradley Cornish. A must-read for me to get what transpired with Damon. Thanks for sharing.
Areena David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Areena David »

I believe the author has excelled in writing a wonderful and meaningful novel that addresses the topic of drugs. I expect the story to be impactful and filled with realistic details that reflect the depth of the problem. The author's approach to the subject was bold and honest, which will add great value to the novel. Thank you for presenting a work that reflects reality and contributes to raising awareness about such an important issue.
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
Bookshelf Size: 95
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

The review sounds great. I can't wait to go through the book. This is exciting and also unfortunate. It feels like Damon was at the wrong time at the wrong place. It is sad to know that people get jailed for such ... What an eventful scenario after another. I'm definitely going for it
Be yourself and nothing less
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fantastic Voyage II
Bookshelf Size: 441
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Writing for the Vialins by Anna Yusuf
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 56%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm not sure about the religious element but the mystery seems intriguing and I'm curious to understand what really happened in this novel and how the whole investigation will unfold. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”