Review of The Haunting of Towne Point Mall

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: On the Precipice
Currently Reading: Tara's Journal
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 31%

Re: Review of The Haunting of Towne Point Mall

Post by Mayang Bature »

Lovers of ghost stories would like to read this book. The relationship from one story to the next would make for an engrossing experience. Congrats on botd!!
As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will always exist.

~Uchiha M.
Amarachi Stephanie Ejike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Amarachi Stephanie Ejike »

Ughh! I'm not a fan of anything horror. My tender heart can't bear the dread and thrill. Still, I can't help but be drawn to its dark appeal. Talk about self sabotage!
The Haunting of Towne Point Mall by Jason Fischer sounds interesting. The review was quite telling, and a great temptation enticing me to read the book. So I'm gonna forget my aversion to horror and read the book.
rusyalana
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 156

Post by rusyalana »

The book seems exciting and though I normally don't read short stories this collections sounds intriguing. A mall which is possessed by an evil entity that has caused all those horrors. It will be interesting to read this book. Congratulatuons on becoming BOTD!
Rupali Mishra
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rupali-mishra.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Rupali Mishra »

Congrats on BOTD!
The ten interrelated horror stories in Jason Fischer's "The Haunting of Towne Point Mall" are all engrossing and cleverly connected to the spooky mall. It's a must-read for lovers of psychological horror because of its original plot twists and compelling characters.
Tanya miller 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Tanya miller 2 »

Wow, you make this book sound so intriguing. I love stories that interlope with others. Going to add to my "want to read" list.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Priya Murugesan »

I love to read short stories that are interconnected. I hope it is not too gory.
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Caterine Potes Morales
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caterine-potes-morales.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Caterine Potes Morales »

Great review of The Haunting of Towne Point Mall by Jason Fischer! Your summary of the interconnected horror stories has me intrigued, especially the unique plot points like Chad's skin condition and the digital possession in "The Game of Love." It's interesting how the author cleverly weaved the mall into each story and included Easter eggs referencing other tales.
Myri Rani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Myri Rani »

**The Haunting of Towne Point Mall: A Review**

"The Haunting of Towne Point Mall" is a gripping addition to the horror genre, deftly blending supernatural elements with psychological tension. The story revolves around a seemingly ordinary mall that becomes the epicenter of chilling and inexplicable events.

**Plot and Setting:**
The plot is meticulously crafted, starting with subtle hints of unease that gradually escalate into full-blown terror. The setting of Towne Point Mall is richly detailed, making it easy for readers to visualize the eerie, deserted corridors and abandoned storefronts that become increasingly menacing as the story progresses. The mall itself almost becomes a character, its dark corners and hidden spaces adding to the sense of dread.

**Characters:**
The characters are well-developed, each bringing a unique perspective and adding depth to the narrative. The protagonist’s journey from skepticism to fear is particularly well-handled, providing a relatable anchor for readers amidst the unfolding horror. Supporting characters are equally compelling, their backstories interwoven seamlessly into the main narrative, enhancing the overall sense of mystery and suspense.

**Writing Style:**
The author's writing style is atmospheric and evocative, effectively building tension and maintaining a sense of unease throughout the book. Descriptive passages are used to great effect, creating vivid imagery that heightens the horror elements. The pacing is well-balanced, with moments of intense action interspersed with quieter, more introspective scenes that allow for character development and plot progression.

**Themes:**
The novel explores themes of fear, loss, and the unknown, using the haunted mall as a metaphor for the characters' internal struggles. The supernatural elements are grounded in emotional realism, making the horror feel both immediate and relatable. The interplay between the characters' personal demons and the external threats they face adds a layer of psychological depth to the story.

**Overall Impression:**
"The Haunting of Towne Point Mall" is a compelling read for horror enthusiasts. Its well-crafted plot, richly detailed setting, and complex characters make it a standout in the genre. The novel's ability to evoke genuine fear while also exploring deeper emotional themes sets it apart, making it a memorable and thought-provoking read.

In summary, this book is a must-read for fans of horror and supernatural fiction. Its combination of suspense, atmosphere, and psychological insight ensures that it will leave a lasting impression on its readers.
Seetha E
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: The Last Rhino: An African Wildlife Adventure by David Mark Quigley

Post by Seetha E »

As a fan of short stories, I'm already interested. One thing that unifies all the pieces is a cleverly woven horror theme. An interesting and well-written OBC review. The sample I read was engaging and simple to read. Author, congrats on BOTD.
Sanju Lali
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 448
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

A good collection of short fictional stories can be found in the book "The Haunting of Towne Point Mall" by Jason Fischer. The stories are connected to the Eerie Titular mall itself.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Kristin Cowan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Kristin Cowan »

I like that the stories all are connected to the mall; it gives the book an 80s, campy vibe. The first story starts sad but becomes creepy very quickly!
Joule Mwendwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joule-mwendwa.html
Latest Review: Out of the Uniform, Back into Civilian Life: No Nonsense Veterans Benefits Guid by Jason Pike

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

Congrats to the BOTD author! A positive about short stories is that they are on point and easy to understand. Combining that with a horror theme like this book makes for an amazing collection. I hope horror lovers enjoy it.
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. -Nelson Mandela
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 249
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Hidden Burglar by Jacquel Clark

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

The book seems to be an interesting anthology of short horror stories. The mall's eerie reputation will draw a lot of attention if it does exist in the real world. Using horror stories as a marketing tactic to pique clients' curiosity can be rather effective.
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Quest: Finding Freddie
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Nisha DSouza »

The Haunting of Towne Point Mall by Jason Fischer is a compilation of 10 horror stories all connected to a mall. I sampled the book and found the hospital scene with Nancy and George waiting for their newborn baby slightly creepy; especially the man in the lab coat who informed them about their son's skin condition. I'm sure it'll be a great read. Congratulations on the BOTD!
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Pablo Josue Mendia
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pablo-josue-mendia.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Shadows by John Berg
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 250
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by Pablo Josue Mendia »

Thank you for your review!

Jason Fischer's *The Haunting of Towne Point Mall* sounds like an intriguing collection of ten interconnected horror stories centered around the eerie titular mall. From Nancy's struggle in "The Birth" to the chilling "Fan's Fiction," the author appears to masterfully intertwine the mall into each story, offering clever references and unique plots. It seems that overall the book remained captivating, professionally edited, and perfect for psychological horror enthusiasts.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”