Review of The Haunting of Towne Point Mall

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercy Bolo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-bolo.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Re: Review of The Haunting of Towne Point Mall

Post by Mercy Bolo »

As the title suggests, the book's setting is a haunted mall with peculiar happenings. Death looms in the eerie atmosphere, and the author presents an anthology of ten short stories that will give readers chills. Lovers of horror stories will enjoy the impeccable but scary storytelling.
Nabweteme Gloria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nabweteme-gloria.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Nabweteme Gloria »

Thank you for such a detailed and thoughtful review! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the interconnected horror stories and found the plot points creative and engaging. Your insights into each story, especially "Fan's Fiction," are much appreciated. It's great to hear that the pacing and character development resonated with you. Your feedback on "Tangled Web" is valuable and noted. I'm glad the book's intrigue and suspense met your expectations. Thanks for the recommendation and the 5-star rating!
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: I'd Rather Be Dead Than Deaf by E. Adrienne Wilson

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

It's been quite a while since I read horror stories. It'll be a fascinating change to try out this book. Horror books help me realize just how powerful our imaginations are. So I'd especially like to read about the mother with the child that had a bad skin condition and what later ensued in the mall.
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Silo 42: Deception by Zev Paiss
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 660%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

This is an interesting book. The horror stories are interconnected. The stories are attractive and easy to read.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Amos Osinya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amos-osinya.html
Latest Review: Swallows Also Fall by CR Armeny

Post by Amos Osinya »

Will recommend this book to my friend who loves this genre tyo read it.
Kshitija Sonawane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kshitija-sonawane.html
Latest Review: The Cannoli Caper by Jeff V Erickson
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 54%

Post by Kshitija Sonawane »

This seems like a very interesting story. I love watching horror movies. However, they are not the same while reading. This book, however, shows promise. Congratulations on the BOTD, and best wishes for future projects.
Nemanja Jankovic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 597
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

"The Haunting of Towne Point Mall" by Jason Fischer is a collection of ten interconnected horror stories. All the stories have an underlying intrigue and the plots are very creative. The characters in the book are well thought-out. The book is professionally edited.
Jorge Leon Salazar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

This book features a fictional collection of ten interconnected horror stories that somehow connect to the mall mentioned in the book's title. It seems suitable for those who like suspense and psychological horror. Sounds intriguing.
Ifeanyi Nwokike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Ifeanyi Nwokike »

Am not really a fan of horror but it takes a very creative mind to paint scenarios in writing. Commendable effort by the Author. Lovers of horror will appreciate and go for this piece of literary work.
Brienna Cooper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97

Post by Brienna Cooper »

Nice review! I’ve never been big on horror, but thrillers can be very intriguing since there are so many ways you can go with them, storytelling and theme-wise. The descriptions of the stories in this book kind of give me Twilight Zone vibes, which I have indulged and enjoyed in the past. So, depending on just how scary and deep this book goes into the “gory details” so to speak, I may or may not be able to handle reading this.
Joshua Sawders
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshua-sawders.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Joshua Sawders »

What's better than a thrilling horror story? A nice collection of thrilling horror stories!. I'm pumped at the thought of reading it already
Rose Angela
Favorite Author: Lisa Kleypas
Favorite Book: God of Wrath
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 5547

Post by Rose Angela »

"The Haunting of Towne Point Mall" by Jason Fischer is a captivating horror anthology centered around a sinister mall. The book skillfully intertwines ten tales over four decades, each revealing a new facet of the mall's malevolent nature. While the stories are diverse, ranging from a haunted bookstore to a cursed film, they all maintain a consistent thread of suspense and intrigue. The book's creative storytelling has drawn comparisons to renowned authors like Stephen King and H.P. Lovecraft. However, some stories may not resonate as strongly as others. Overall, it's a recommended read for those who enjoy psychological horror.
Leona Rodrigues
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leona-rodrigues.html
Latest Review: Come What May by Marie Fostino
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Leona Rodrigues »

As a horror novel enthusiast, I found this review captivating, and it has sparked my curiosity about "The Haunting of Towne Point Mall." This book is definitely going on my reading list.
You may not be the center of the entire world, but you are the center of your own world.
sanjeev maurya
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjeev-maurya.html
Latest Review: Tizzy Wheels, A Holofilm Neurobiology Almanac by Ele May or Alkie Ceolin

Post by sanjeev maurya »

Thanks for this detailed review! It sounds like Jason Fischer has crafted a really intriguing collection with "The Haunting of Towne Point Mall." I love the idea of interconnected horror stories centered around an eerie mall. Your description of "The Birth" and "Fan's Fiction" especially caught my attention. I appreciate knowing that the pacing and character development are strong, which is crucial in short stories. Even though "Tangled Web" seems a bit weaker, it doesn’t seem to detract much from the overall experience. Your mention of clever references and Easter eggs between stories has me even more excited to dive in. I’m definitely adding this to my reading list!
Deborah Belanger
Currently Reading: The Bulletproof Missionary
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Deborah Belanger »

Jason Fischer's, "The Haunting of Towne Point Mall" is a fictional collection comprising ten interconnected horror short stories. There is a lot to like about this book. Each story was told intriguingly. The author did well in using creative plot points like Chad's skin condition and the digital possession by Barbara's spirit in "The Game of Love." I also liked the way the author weaved the Mall into the stories and left clever references to the other stories, like Easter eggs. The pacing and length of each story were good, as they never dragged at all. Overall, I enjoyed your thorough review and decided to put this interesting read on my shelf. Congratulations to the author for BOTD.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”