Review of The Haunting of Towne Point Mall

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Azi Joseph
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azi-joseph.html
Latest Review: Living a Life in Balance by Abdullah Boulad

Re: Review of The Haunting of Towne Point Mall

Post by Azi Joseph »

Thank you for your thoughtful review. I will add this book to my reading list. I like ghost stories!
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Fugitiva
Bookshelf Size: 2422
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: An Unlamented Death by Mary Adler
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

In my opinion, horror is the ideal genre to create in short stories. There's something impactful to a well-crafted but brief tale. I love creepy fans! And Easter eggs can be a brilliant narrative tool. I couldn't be more excited about today's BOTD. Thank you for the fantastic review.
Sirajuddin A
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 563
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

This short collection of horror stories revolves around a mall, and the intriguing elements connected with this mall grip a reader's mind to know the secrets that bind the stories with this mall.
R Chinaza Onwuka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Banished
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-chinaza-onwuka.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by R Chinaza Onwuka »

Wow, thanks for such a detailed review of "The Haunting of Towne Point Mall"! Your breakdown of the different stories really makes me want to pick this one up. "Fan's Fiction" sounds particularly intriguing, the idea of a prophetic book is chilling! I also appreciate you mentioning the easter eggs between stories, that adds a nice layer of interconnectedness.

It's good to know the pacing is fast and the characters are engaging, even in short stories.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: The Bear with No Hair and the Mystery of the Stolen Fur Coat by Michelle Renee Avis

Post by Salome Ogani »

Jason Fischer's "The Haunting of Towne Point Mall" is a captivating collection of interconnected horror short stories that seamlessly weave together chilling tales.
Merits Anih
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: Preppers Medical Handbook by William W Forgey

Post by Merits Anih »

Fischer's creative storytelling shines through, drawing readers in with unexpected twists and cleverly woven connections between the tales. "The Haunting of Towne Point Mall" is a must-read those who appreciate well-crafted, suspenseful storytelling.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: Totem by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

The recurring presence of the eerie Towne Point Mall adds a unifying thread, creating an atmosphere of unease that permeates throughout the anthology.
Suvra Nandi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Suvra Nandi »

Review of Jason Fischer's "The Haunting of Towne Point Mall" captures the essence of the book's chilling interconnected stories. The detailed analysis of tales like "The Birth" and "Fan's Fiction" highlights the author's creative plot points and engaging storytelling. The appreciation for the mall's role in weaving the stories together and the characters' depth is evident. Noting "Tangled Web" as the weakest story provides a balanced perspective. Reviewer's high rating and recommendation for psychological horror fans effectively convey the book's intrigue and suspense. Very well summarization of its appeal!
Akansha Shrivastav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Akansha Shrivastav »

This book interest me.I would love to give it a try as I like horror stories & the review is really intriguing fear which will make me read this book. The haunting of towne point mall feels like a catchy book.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1951
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: The Haunting of Towne Point Mall' by Jason Fischer presents an accurate and skillful picture of the action thriller book. It sketches out the salient features of the anthology. The point that this is a fictional collection comprising ten interconnected horror short stories is worth mentioning in the review. Readers would find the stories connected to the eerie titular mall itself. Also, as mentioned in the review, the book was very intriguing and suspense-filled. The tales are chilling and gripping as well!
Timothy Rucinski
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: The Cannoli Caper
Bookshelf Size: 624
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: By The Rivers of Babylon by Mary Glickman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 46%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

Nothing better than a book of short horror stories, the kind I used to read by the bundle. These stories sound terrific, and from the snippets of the book I read, you can tell the author has a fine writing style. Congrats to Mr. Fischer on his achievement and BOTD.
Chinazo Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Never Let Go by Sultan Nasser

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

I'm a fan of scary tales, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this book. It'd also be great to figure out how the stories are connected to the mall. I'll definitely check this book out!
Augustine K 6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Augustine K 6 »

You know when you are so excited to finish the page and open to the next page because you can't wait to find out more?Every story has been like that.10/10 recommend
Jenna Padayachee
Currently Reading: The Kybalion
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-padayachee.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Signature Addition: Jenna Padayachee

Post by Jenna Padayachee »

I am even more intrigued about this book after reading your review. I did read the book sample, and I had to pull the book away as it drew my attention in almost totally.
A great story. Upon reading your review, I was surprised to find that the plot actually contains 10 interconnected stories that are related to Towne Point Mall. I am even more intrigued than ever to find out what happens regarding the " Birth," it makes me wonder how this story ties into the mall and how the other stories interconnect.
I am adding this to my online shelf!
Congratulations to the author!
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Jenna Padayachee
Maricris Doroteo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Maricris Doroteo »

Title: Unveiling the Supernatural: A Review of "The Haunting of Towne Point Mall" by Jason Fischer

Jason Fischer's "The Haunting of Towne Point Mall" is a gripping blend of horror, mystery, and supernatural intrigue that will leave readers on the edge of their seats. Set in the eerie confines of an abandoned shopping mall, Fischer weaves a tale of chilling encounters and spine-tingling revelations that will haunt readers long after they've turned the final page.

At the heart of the story is a diverse cast of characters, each grappling with their own demons as they confront the malevolent forces lurking within the mall's shadowy corridors. Fischer deftly crafts complex and relatable characters whose struggles and triumphs serve as the emotional core of the narrative.

What sets "The Haunting of Towne Point Mall" apart is Fischer's masterful command of atmosphere and tension. From the eerie whispers echoing through deserted hallways to the sudden, jarring encounters with the unknown, Fischer skillfully builds suspense, keeping readers guessing until the very end.

But beyond its scares and thrills, "The Haunting of Towne Point Mall" also delves into deeper themes of loss, redemption, and the nature of evil. As the characters confront the horrors of the mall, they are forced to confront their own inner demons, leading to moments of profound introspection and growth.

Fischer's prose is both evocative and immersive, drawing readers into a world where the line between the natural and supernatural is blurred. With its expertly crafted plot twists and spine-chilling imagery, "The Haunting of Towne Point Mall" is a must-read for fans of supernatural horror and psychological suspense alike.

In conclusion, "The Haunting of Towne Point Mall" is a haunting and atmospheric tale that will leave readers breathless. Fischer's skillful storytelling and knack for creating tension make this book a standout in the horror genre, while its exploration of deeper themes adds layers of complexity and depth. Whether you're a seasoned horror aficionado or simply looking for a thrilling read, "The Haunting of Towne Point Mall" is sure to satisfy.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”