Review of The Haunting of Towne Point Mall

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: The Face of Fear by R. J. Torbert

Re: Review of The Haunting of Towne Point Mall

Post by Harty Muli »

I like the fact that the author has penned a book of short stories. Though I didn't feel connected to any of them. It will be ideal for those who like horror books. Thanks for the review.
Dheera Kalota
Currently Reading: The Golden Manuscripts: A Novel
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dheera-kalota.html
Latest Review: Champagne Widows by Rebecca Rosenberg

Post by Dheera Kalota »

The stories seem intriguing and the writing style of the author is really engaging. The story, The birth, which I read in the sample, was haunting. I look forward to read more stories in the collection.
Ad astra per aspera
Paras Batra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paras-batra.html
Latest Review: Chasing Dragons between Dimensions by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg
2024 Reading Goal: 51
2024 Goal Completion: 15%

Post by Paras Batra »

Horror stories are truly interesting and gives a separate level of contentment. I will surely read this book.
Devjyoti Mondal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-devjyoti-mondal.html
Latest Review: Unyielding Destiny by Spiros Gratsias (author of Unyielding Destiny)

Post by Devjyoti Mondal »

Thank you for the insightful review of "The Haunting of Towne Point Mall." Your highlights on the interconnected stories and unique plot points, like the chilling skin condition in "The Birth" and the intriguing "Fan's Fiction," have piqued my interest. Despite some weaknesses, it sounds like a compelling read for psychological horror fans.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Huini Hellen »

The featured stories in the review present thrilling storylines in this anthology, one that would leave readers shocked and intrigued at the same time. Thanks for the review.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Abhishek Pratap Singh 1
Currently Reading: The riches man in Babylon
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Abhishek Pratap Singh 1 »

Jason Fisher's "The Haunting of Town Point Mall" is a spine-chilling supernatural thriller that takes readers on a spooky journey through a haunted mall Because of the intriguing story and atmosphere, Fisher with a ghost story that keeps readers in their driving seats. One of the strengths of this book is Fisher’s ability to create a vivid and haunting atmosphere. Town Point Mall comes to life with vivid descriptions that immerse readers in a world of darkness and dreariness. The author's attention to detail is admirable as he weaves the mall's history with the supernatural elements that haunt its halls and the uncertainty of foreboding can be seen throughout the story the.
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by MMcB »

Thank you for the thorough and fine review of "The Haunting of Towne Point Mall" by Jason Fische!
All short stories are difficult to write but it sounds like these all were very acceptable! These stories also sound quite chilling and filled with horror. I hope the author has a hot seller with this book.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Rajaee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rajaee.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Rajaee »

A collection of horror thriller stories weaved together. I will definitely consider this. Who doesn't like horror.
Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Chris Agbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Musings of an Autistic Mind by Darryl Jefferson

Post by Chris Agbara »

"The Haunting of Towne Point Mall" by Jason Fischer is a gripping collection of interconnected horror stories centered around a chilling mall setting. Each tale is intricately crafted, with creative plot points and clever references that keep readers hooked until the very end. With its intriguing characters and suspenseful pacing, this book is a must-read for fans of psychological horror.
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.
Revathy Prabakaran
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revathy-prabakaran.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Revathy Prabakaran »

It's quite interesting to read interconnected short stories than a novel because of its base. I like horror stories than other genres. "The Haunting of Towne Point Mall" sounds like the book with genre which I'm interested in. Looking forward to indulge into this book. Congratulations on the BOTD! Nice review.
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Anu Anand »

I enjoy horror stories with an eerie twist, and based on the sample and review, "The Haunting of Towne Point Mall" by Jason Fischer seems fantastic. The interconnected tales and mysterious mall setting sound intriguing. Congrats on BOTD!
Rose Nafula Oketch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-nafula-oketch.html
Latest Review: Essential Gut Health for Women Over 50 by JL Service

Post by Rose Nafula Oketch »

I am a fan of horror movies and stories, but I have never encountered a psychological horror book. The ten interconnected horror short stories in the book seem intriguing and suspense filled. I will definitely delve into this one. As a lover of ghost stories, I hope I'll enjoy them. Thank you for nice review.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Guilty of Stealing His Heart by Nancy Lynn White

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

I've read a book similar to this before and it was everything one could be looking for in a book. Big congrats to the author for winning BOTD with this book!
Pranav Dewangan
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The Work of My Mother's Hands: A Caregiver's Journey by Dr. Kiplee Bell

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The interconnected horror stories set in an eerie mall sound absolutely chilling! I love how you highlighted the creative plot points and clever references between stories. Even with a weaker story like 'Tangled Web,' the book still seems like a gripping read.
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: Sent to Watch by David J. Lebenstein
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

I love short story collections for the variety of plots that come with the stories. The horror element adds more intrigue to the book. well done on the review.
"All I can do is fight, and I intend to. After all, giving up on the process is giving up on the result."

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”