Review of The Haunting of Towne Point Mall

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jaadugar Yadu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaadugar-yadu.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson

Re: Review of The Haunting of Towne Point Mall

Post by Jaadugar Yadu »

The Haunting of Towne Point Mall offers a satisfying horror experience. The combination of diverse scares, expertly woven narratives, and a lingering sense of unease makes it a worthwhile read for horror enthusiasts and newcomers alike.
Suvankar Das 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suvankar-das-1.html
Latest Review: Ghost With Two Hearts by michael r french

Post by Suvankar Das 1 »

"The Haunting of Towne Point Mall: 10 Interconnected Tales of Psychological Terror" by Jason Fischer promises a spine-chilling journey through four decades of eerie and mysterious events. With tales of a deranged juggler, time-bridging video games, and other supernatural horrors, this book is a must-read for fans of psychological terror. Thanks for sharing this thrilling recommendation!
Sarvesh J Yadav 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarvesh-j-yadav-1.html
Latest Review: Shelby Morrow - Journals, 1929-1935 by A. C. Holmes

Post by Sarvesh J Yadav 1 »

This collection is a testament to Fischer's skills as a horror writer. His ability to craft suspense, build atmosphere, and deliver genuine scares makes him a voice worth following in the genre.
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

Jason Fischer's book "The Haunting of Towne Point Mall" is an exciting read. It relates the tale of a haunted mall filled with eerie encounters and unexplained happenings. The plot keeps you on edge, and the characters are likable. Because of Fischer's excellent writing, the eerie atmosphere comes to life. For those who love a good ghost story with unexpected turns, this book is ideal. It's a short read that, once you get into it, is difficult to put down. All things considered, it's a gripping and enjoyable read that makes for an exciting night.
Jenn Seguinte Deguzman
Currently Reading: The Mango Bride
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-deguzman.html
Latest Review: Nimue: Freeing Merlin (Barnes & Noble Edition) by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Jenn Seguinte Deguzman »

Thank you for your review. I don't really like horror stories but based on your review, I would recommend it to friends/family who love horror stories.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: World Tour by Mike Sherer

Post by Veronica Hunter »

The Haunting of Towne Point Mall by Jason Fischer is an exceptional collection of horror stories. The way each tale ties back to the mall adds a layer of depth and creepiness that is truly commendable. Congratulations on the Book of Today Award.
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: A Mingled Yarn by Louise Williams

Post by Hy Be »

"The Haunting of Towne Point Mall" by Jason Fischer is a collection of horror stories which are connected to Towne Point Mall. The author weaved themes of horror, mystery and adventure in this book.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 712
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 72%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“The Haunting of Towne Point Mall” by Jason Fischer is a fictional collection that includes ten interconnected horror short stories. Each story is chilling and a gripping tale that will keep readers immersed until they finish the last story. One of the stories includes an author receiving a book from a fan that foretells the immediate future. A unique feature is each story weaves back to the Towne Point Mall and leaves references to the other stories like Easter Eggs. I enjoyed the brief highlights of each story by the official reviewer and the favorite was “Fan’s Fiction.”. A 5 out of 5-star book that I want to read this amazing book of psychological horror stories. I wish the sample included more than one of the stories.
Ram Sahni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-sahni.html
Latest Review: The Kovalenko Secret by Philip L Rettew

Post by Ram Sahni »

For those new to the genre, The Haunting of Towne Point Mall provides an excellent entry point. The variety of stories, combined with Fischer's accessible writing style, makes it an enjoyable and appropriately scary introduction.
Ika Apro
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Hattie's World by Thomas Bauer

Post by Ika Apro »

I am not a lover of horror stories, but what makes this book interesting is that all of the 10 short stories are interconnected. I love playing a detective and connecting the dots, so I think there short stories could lead to something more interesting and dark.
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Abiodunakinola »

This book masterfully intertwines the eerie setting of the mall with the individual stories, creating a cohesive and immersive horror experience. The author's ability to develop engaging characters and unique plot points within the short story format is impressive, especially in tales like "Fan's Fiction" and "The Film," which capture readers' attention and keep them invested in the narrative. Nice review.
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: Shadow in the Ward by Ari Gray

Post by williams Emerald »

Jason Fischer’s “The Haunting of Towne Point Mall” is a compelling anthology that expertly blends interconnected horror stories with intriguing plots and well-developed characters. Each story, like “The Birth” and “Fan’s Fiction,” is distinct yet cleverly tied to the eerie mall setting, enhancing the overall narrative. The author’s creative storytelling and seamless integration of Easter eggs make the collection particularly engaging.
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 633
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

Normally I don't read short stories but this sounds intriguing, maybe because they all in a way linked. I also find the headings if each story interesting. It give me the feel of something like the series American Horror stories. Definitely reading this soon. Thanks for a great review. Congrats on BOTD.
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: Salt of the Earth by Kate Moschandreas
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 173%

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

I look forward to reading these horror yet chilling stories in this book. Best wishes on the BOTD award. The stories are intriguing and captivating.
Goodness Kene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-kene.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Kene »

I do not like horror or ghost stories, so I'll pass. Thanks for a nice review, though. Congratulations on winning BOTD.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”