Review of The Other Side of Crisis

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: Black Witch Moth by C. Michael Curry

Review of The Other Side of Crisis

Post by Florence Daniel »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Other Side of Crisis" by Bob Herpe.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Ernest Gravnick, former chief of police for the Chicago Police Department, has seen and experienced a series of endless crises from his young age into adulthood. He has been the prime target of the notorious serial killer Ghost, who constantly terrorizes the world with highly technologically advanced weapons of destruction. The book's opening chapter begins with a failed attempt to crash the El Al Boeing 787 with 220 passengers on board, including Ernest Gravnick and Jonathan, his stepson. 

Following the series of events, it is quite obvious that the ghost is responsible for the attack. Now Ernest Gravnick has to find out who the ghost really is and put an end to all the life-threatening attacks from this notorious killer. With a perfect disguise, no one knows exactly who the ghost is. Whether it is a male or a female remains a mystery until someone finds out, and that someone has to be Ernest Gravnick. Will he be able to find the ghost? How many more people will die at the hands of the ghost, and how will he be able to stop the ghost? To dive into this scintillating story, get a copy of The Other Side of Crisis by Bob Herpe.

This story is a mixture of action, thriller, comedy, and a little bit of romance. I love the author's style of conveying satire and jokes. One precious character that stood out to me was Dora Gravnick. I enjoyed the constant banter between her and Senator Harry Winton. Almost all their conversations had me laughing out loud. This is proof that the author is indeed a genius for integrating such priceless jokes into an all-too-serious story. 

This book gets a rating of 5 out of 5 stars from me because the storyline and plot were unique and unpredictable. The characters all had distinct personalities, and it was easy to picture each of them because of the elaborate description by the author. The suspense was on point, and the book was exceptionally edited. Overall, I had a great time reading this book, and I found nothing to dislike about it.

I'll recommend this book to readers who enjoy reading thrillers and action stories. The story contains explicit actions and unpredictable scenes.

The Other Side of Crisis
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fantastic Voyage II
Bookshelf Size: 441
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Writing for the Vialins by Anna Yusuf
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 56%

Post by NetMassimo »

A good mix of thriller and comedy is tricky to obtain and it seems like this is a successful case. It's suspenseful and at the same time full of jokes making it funny in different ways. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Julius Peters »

The author's skillful integration of satire and jokes into the storyline showcases his comedic genius, providing moments of levity amidst the high-stakes drama. Dora Gravnick's character, in particular, shines with her sharp wit and humorous interactions with other characters. With its unique and unpredictable plot, 'The Other Side of Crisis' offers readers a refreshing take on the thriller genre. The author's ability to keep the suspense taut and the storyline engaging makes for a gripping reading experience from start to finish.
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Robert Cortes »

"The Other Side of Crisis" sounds like an intense and gripping read, with a blend of action, thriller, comedy, and even a touch of romance. It's intriguing how the author weaves together such diverse elements into one cohesive narrative. Dora Gravnick and Senator Harry Winton's banter seems like a highlight, adding a layer of humor to the tension-filled plot. Thanks for the recommendation!
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

My kind of book! I like thriller, action, and combined with jokes, humour and satire this book will give me just what I enjoy.
Fatola Fatai
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 157
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatola-fatai.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke

Post by Fatola Fatai »

I believe Herpe has crafted an intense, high-stakes thriller pitting former police chief Ernest Gravnick against a devilishly clever and dangerous serial killer known as "Ghost." The opening chapter hook of a failed attack on a passenger jet sets the stage for the life-or-death cat-and-mouse game that unfolds.
Ohmy Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohmy-book.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Post by Ohmy Book »

What a fantastic review! The blend of action, thriller, comedy, and romance sounds incredibly engaging, and I’m especially looking forward to the witty banter between Dora Gravnick and Senator Harry Winton. The unpredictability and unique plot, coupled with the distinct and vividly described characters, promise a truly immersive reading experience. It's clear that this book is a must-read for anyone who loves thrillers and action-packed narratives. Thanks for such an insightful review!
Chinelo Valerie Hero
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinelo-valerie-hero.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 15%

Post by Chinelo Valerie Hero »

Action,thriller,Comedy and Romance?! Now that's a whole package. Just got my copy, can't wait to read it!
Mwanyalo
Currently Reading: The Crystilleries of Echoland
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwanyalo.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by Mwanyalo »

The Other Side of Crisis' offers readers a refreshing take on the thriller genre. The author's ability to draw suspense to the flowing story engages the reader to imagine Granvick going after revenge and the action mission to get hold of the enemy. All this makes a gripping reading experience from start to finish.
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

Informative review, thank you. I know this book is going to be read by millions, it’s one of those gripping? Goid versus evil type thrillers that will have people riveted to the page. Ernest Gravnick Is our hero, doing what he can to put things right and get justice served.
abderrahman El achari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abderrahman-el-achari.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 33
2024 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by abderrahman El achari »

The book, "The Other Side of Crisis" by Bob Herpe, tells the story of the struggle between good and evil between Ernest Gravnick and Ghost. Good review :techie-reference:
my regards
Penny Ann Criswell Johnson
Favorite Book: Fasting Firepower
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-ann-criswell-johnson.html
Latest Review: The Freedom Building by Martin Kendall
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 50%

Post by Penny Ann Criswell Johnson »

“The Other Side Of Crisis” sounds like a fast-paced page-turner as Gravnik tries to find a killer. This book sounds like a great read. Thank you for an honest book review.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Fugitiva
Bookshelf Size: 2422
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: An Unlamented Death by Mary Adler
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

This story is a mixture of action, thriller, comedy, and a little bit of romance. I love the author's style of conveying satire and jokes. One precious character that stood out to me was Dora Gravnick. I enjoyed the constant banter between her and Senator Harry Winton. Almost all their conversations had me laughing out loud. This is proof that the author is indeed a genius for integrating such priceless jokes into an all-too-serious story. 

You are right. It takes a special kind of author to blend humor with such grim subjects without appearing insensitive. And a little romance is always a win in my book. Thank you for your fantastic review.
Ajiferuke Ajibola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajiferuke-ajibola.html
Latest Review: The Prison of Power by G Michael Smith

Post by Ajiferuke Ajibola »

"The Other Side of Crisis" by Bob Herpe features Ernest Gravnick and his attempt to identify and stop a serial killer called 'Ghost'. I hope he does. The mixture of action, thriller, comedy, and romance is fascinating. You definitely cannot predict the next thing. Congrats on BOTD. Nice review.
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by williams Emerald »

Dora Gravnick steals the show with her witty banter, adding a delightful layer of humor to this adrenaline-fueled thriller.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”