Review of Plausible Liars

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MAHAD BAIG MIRZA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahad-baig-mirza.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Re: Review of Plausible Liars

Post by MAHAD BAIG MIRZA »

The review provides a clear summary of "Plausible Liars," highlighting its exploration of transgender issues, faith, and ethical dilemmas. It praises the book's balanced portrayal of diverse perspectives and its well-developed characters. Overall, the review suggests that "Plausible Liars" is a compelling and thought-provoking read for those interested in examining complex social issues through fiction.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: The Bear with No Hair and the Mystery of the Stolen Fur Coat by Michelle Renee Avis

Post by Salome Ogani »

Wilder skillfully explores the topic from multiple perspectives, including those of the medical professionals, journalists, religious figures, and families impacted by these decisions.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1470
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Today's BOTD is a thought-provoking fictional novel, based on real events, about difficult, but necessary, topics surrounding gender and identity in children. Readers will not only gain insight to both sides of the debate regarding transition, detransition, hate crimes, and Catholicism, but will also find this read suspenseful and impactful. Thank you for your thorough review! It was outstanding!
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Julius Peters »

Lin Wilder’s "Plausible Liars" courageously dives into the contentious and complex issues surrounding gender transition in children, framed by the gripping narrative of Dr. Lindsey McCall and Kate Townsend. The story's exploration of faith, identity, and moral dilemmas is both thought-provoking and emotionally charged. It presents a balanced view by examining both sides of the argument, supported by thorough research and credible sources. Wilder’s skillful storytelling and the characters deep personal struggles make it a compelling read for those interested in the intersection of faith and contemporary social issues. This book is a reminder of the profound impacts our choices can have on the lives of others.
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The Work of My Mother's Hands: A Caregiver's Journey by Dr. Kiplee Bell

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

After reading this review of Plausible Liars, I'm really intrigued by Lin Wilder's approach to such a sensitive topic. The balance of perspectives on gender transition and the role of faith in decision-making sounds well-handled.
Seetha E
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: The Last Rhino: An African Wildlife Adventure by David Mark Quigley

Post by Seetha E »

This is a serious subject, and it is wrong to bank on a minor's judgment when making life-changing choices. This book interests me as it discusses a significant issue and because I've read and seen so much about the misery caused by misguidance. I appreciate the author's choice of topic. A thorough review by the OBC reviewer. Congrats on BOTD!
Nemanja Jankovic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 597
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

"Plausible Liars" by Lynn Wilder is a book that essentially deals with the issue of gender and sex in the modern age. Dr. McCall and reporter Kate Townsend are facing charges for hate crime. I like that the book is unpredictable.
Pablo Josue Mendia
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pablo-josue-mendia.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 250
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by Pablo Josue Mendia »

Thank you for your insightful review!

Plausible Liars by Lin Wilder delves into contemporary social issues with depth and nuance, blending faith and transgender ideology. The story follows Dr. Lindsey McCall and investigative reporter Kate Townsend as they navigate federal hate crime charges while addressing complex ethical dilemmas.

The narrative, influenced by Catholicism, is emotionally charged and well-edited. It tackles the issues of gender transition in children and detransitioning, presenting balanced perspectives. Readers interested in faith-based explorations of modern societal challenges will enjoy it.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Jorge Leon Salazar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

This book addresses a controversial, important and current topic. I believe that in today's society there are people who may intentionally encourage children to doubt their biological gender. This seems like a book only for readers with an open mind regarding religion and transgenderism.
Caterine Potes Morales
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caterine-potes-morales.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Caterine Potes Morales »

Great review of Plausible Liars! It’s clear that Lin Wilder has woven a compelling narrative that dives deep into challenging social issues. I appreciate how you highlighted the multi-faceted exploration of both sides of the gender transition debate, especially within the framework of faith and Catholicism.
Gayatri Tripathi
Favorite Book: E M P Honeymoon
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gayatri-tripathi.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by Gayatri Tripathi »

The review highlights the central theme of the book, which revolves around the controversial and sensitive issue of transgender policies and the implications of hormone therapy on children. The reviewer commends Lin Wilder for presenting a balanced view by exploring both supportive and opposing perspectives on gender transition. They appreciate the detailed portrayal of the characters' emotions and the tense, unpredictable storyline. The review also mentions the positive influence of Catholicism and the character of Father John, who plays a significant role in guiding the protagonist, Lindsey McCall, in her decision-making process.

Overall, the review praises the book for its professional editing, relatable emotions, and the passionate conviction in conversations, ultimately rating it five out of five stars. The recommendation for readers who enjoy faith-based books and are open to discussions on transgender ideology further indicates the thoughtfulness of the review.
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Quest: Finding Freddie
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Plausible Liars by Lin Wilder is a fictional story that sheds light on an important social issue. It's the story about Joey who wants to detransition and requests Dr. Lindsey McCall for help. Dr. McCall and an investigative journalist have been indicted for a hate crime. It's a unique plot and it'll be an interesting read. Congratulations on the BOTD!
Nisha

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Cristina-Ioana Toader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-ioana-toader.html
Latest Review: The Foundlings and Fisherman from Tumby by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Cristina-Ioana Toader »

Excellent review! Your analysis of the characters, plot complexities, and the moral and ethical dilemmas presented in the book provides clear insight into its depth and significance.
Jenna Padayachee
Currently Reading: The Kybalion
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-padayachee.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Signature Addition: Jenna Padayachee

Post by Jenna Padayachee »

A crisp informative review that does well to deliver vital information concerning " Plausible Liars."
The title of this book is captivating, and so is the content.
I remember the panic that ensued from the parents in my hometown about gender choices being available in school.
Humans are who they are in so many spectrums of possibilities, and it contributes to a messy world sometimes. I saw a documentary not far back about a child being born with both male and female organs, and the parents made a culturally influenced decision on which one the child had to remove, which later negatively impacted the child (to adulthood).
I like Father John's quote that leads your review. This quote may be the reason that leads my consideration of engaging the matters in this book.
Congratulations to the author. It is evident that the research is impeccable in this book!
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Jenna Padayachee
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 515
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

I don't personally believe in gender transitioning for young children; this is a decision that needs to be reserved only for fully developed adults (age 25). This is not a book for me due to the topic, but thanks for the great review nonetheless.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”