Review of Plausible Liars

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Miss Snehal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-snehal.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Re: Review of Plausible Liars

Post by Miss Snehal »

The complex world of gender transition and detransition. This emotionally charged story intertwines faith, legal battles, and the personal journeys of those involved. Perfect for readers interested in the intersection of religion, social issues, and the poignant struggles of identity. Dive into this compelling read that challenges societal norms and personal convictions!
Rajaee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rajaee.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Rajaee »

This is a very important topic to discuss in this time and era. Writing about such a topic without offending both sides is a difficult task. I appreciate the author for crafting such a work.
Thanks for the review. It gave a clear idea about the book.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
KiranJain0112
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kiranjain0112.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
2024 Reading Goal: 101
2024 Goal Completion: 4%

Post by KiranJain0112 »

"Plausible Liars" receives a flawless rating from the review because of its examination of controversial topics like transgenderism, which is supported by factual information and likable characters. Thus, thank you for your book review and congratulations on being #BOTD!
Mayengbam Atulananda Singh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayengbam-atulananda-singh.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Mayengbam Atulananda Singh »

I've heard several stories about individuals being overwhelmed with regret after transitioning to the other gender. I'm certain the book will help many individuals who are on the fence before they make the ultimate decision. I'm curious about why Joey was rushed to the hospital and how he fell into a coma, though.
Revathy Prabakaran
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revathy-prabakaran.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Revathy Prabakaran »

Plausible Liars speaks about one of the significant issues going on in this society. It is important to appreciate the author for creating a Book related to a serious issue. As a female or male, it is impossible to understand the hormone changes that takes place in the body of a transgender. This book may explain about that plot specifically. Congratulations on the BOTD! Great review.
Abhishek Pratap Singh 1
Currently Reading: The riches man in Babylon
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Abhishek Pratap Singh 1 »

This book’s strong point lies in its author’s ability to create complicated, multifaceted characters. The main character, Dr. Lindsey McCall is a compelling and sympathetic protagonist who gets entangled in a web of deceit and danger. Her determination and brilliance make her an enthralling central figure; hence the reader will be engaged in her relentless search for truth. Therefore, it is a fascinating psychological suspense novel that keeps readers interested and guessing until the very last page.
Shiru Elizabeth
Currently Reading: The Riddle of Alchemy
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiru-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: New Zealand Retirement Planning Secrets by Victor Kolkur

Post by Shiru Elizabeth »

This novel seems to be an emotionally stirring and thought-provoking tale that tackles contemporary societal challenges related to gender change and children. The story is made more complex by the presence of several points of view, which range from the motivations of the individuals to the examination of Catholicism's effect. Congrats on BOTD.
Amos Osinya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amos-osinya.html
Latest Review: Swallows Also Fall by CR Armeny

Post by Amos Osinya »

From the review, this is a great book. I have e downloaded it. I will also recommend a friend who loves this genre to read it. Great book !
Rupali Mishra
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Hunters
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rupali-mishra.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Rupali Mishra »

Congrats on BOTD!
This is a serious topic, and you shouldn't put your life-altering decisions in the hands of a juvenile. We should all take gender transition more seriously because it is such a delicate topic. Everyone should read an intriguing book that deals with this kind of subject!
Timothy Rucinski
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: The Cannoli Caper
Bookshelf Size: 624
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: By The Rivers of Babylon by Mary Glickman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 46%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

I applaud the author for tackling such a divisive topic. But I'm not particularly interested in faith-based novels, so I'll take a pass. The book seems to be beautifully written, and I hope Ms. Wilder finds an appreciative reading audience.
rusyalana
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 156

Post by rusyalana »

The book seems really captivating and tense. The transgender issue is very serious and acute so it will be interesting to read this book and figure out what will happen to Joye and where Kate and Lindsey's investigations will lead them. Congratulations on becoming BOTD!
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Big, Brave Voice by Emily A. Reed

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

Kate's step was a huge one towards investigating and writing about transgender policies towards children. I find this book to be very enlightening and congrats on BOTD.
BRIDGET MWINA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridget-mwina.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by BRIDGET MWINA »

This book Plausible liars has been written at the right time.congratulations to the author for taking time and being bold enough to address an issue causing moral decay in our society .Trans gender is unacceptable and man can not create.Why try to take the place of God.The result is what the author calls chemical Eunuchs.I will read and reread this book totally.
Alida Spies
Currently Reading: The Three Card Trick
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alida-spies.html
Latest Review: The Cello Maker by David P Andersen
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 84%

Post by Alida Spies »

This is a very controversial topic and I'm looking forward to reading the book. How old must a child be before being mature enough to make often irreversible decisions that will affect the rest of their lives? It's not only about parental consent, although interfering to that extent in the parent-child relationship is also problematic. It will be interesting to read about the views of the different parties, e.g., doctors and clergy.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting crime/thriller following Dr. Lindsey McCall and reporter Kate Townsend as they are being investigated with a hate crime related to Joey, a teen that ends up in a coma. It might be worth a second look. Well done.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”