Review of Warden of the Dark: The Wrath of Ira

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: What Happened To Flynn by Pat Muir

Review of Warden of the Dark: The Wrath of Ira

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Warden of the Dark: The Wrath of Ira" by A.D. Lewis.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Eric Walker and Tori Reyes, detectives partnered on a critical case, face a sudden turn of events when Eric disappears for a year, presumed dead after pursuing Carlos Mendoza and his cohorts. Reyes refuses to accept her partner's supposed demise, haunted by the brutal murders she witnessed before Eric's disappearance. Despite her exhaustive efforts to piece together the puzzle, the situation remains murky and unresolved. As a new spate of deaths grips the city, eyewitnesses claim the perpetrators are demonic entities—an outlandish assertion that nonetheless becomes the focus of Reyes's investigation. Could such fantastical beings truly exist within the city limits, and will Eric's fate ever be uncovered? Dive into this captivating narrative to uncover more.

"Warden of the Dark: The Wrath of Ira" by A.D. Lewis offers a compelling blend of horror, mystery, and suspense, delving into the realms of both the supernatural and the physical. The narrative centers on Mr. Finch, a demon who escapes the confines of the dark supernatural realm to wreak havoc on Earth, with Raven, the warden of the dark, standing as the only obstacle to his nefarious intentions. The outcome hinges on whether Raven can thwart Finch's plans, a question whose answer lies in time alone. The book paints a vivid picture of a world where human actions breed malevolence and where external influences shape individual destinies, exemplified by the transformation of Carl Jackson into a deranged figure due to his troubled upbringing.

What I loved most about the book was its compelling moral themes. Through the interplay of demons, detectives, and troubled individuals, the author skillfully explores the intricacies of contemporary society and the human condition. Additionally, the author's superb writing style ensures an immersive reading experience. The suspenseful scenes depicting demon-human confrontations elicit a genuine sense of dread and anticipation, leaving readers eagerly anticipating the next twist in the story. I'm eagerly looking forward to diving into the sequel to this captivating tale.

I have no criticisms of the book. The plot is meticulously crafted, with well-developed characters that draw you in. The writing style is lucid and straightforward, making it easy to follow. Every moment in the book is engaging, without any dull spots.

I give the book a rating of 4 out of 5 stars, with one star deducted for the errors I encountered. Nonetheless, it remains a captivating story that will undoubtedly keep readers engrossed. I highly recommend it to fans of crime and mystery narratives.

Warden of the Dark: The Wrath of Ira
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tomi Ahmed
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: A Killer Within by Rosemarie B. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

This review of "Warden of the Dark: The Wrath of Ira" by A.D. Lewis paints an intriguing picture of the book, highlighting its blend of horror, mystery, and supernatural elements. The review praises the author’s exploration of moral themes and societal issues through a narrative featuring demons and detectives, which adds depth to the story. The vivid depiction of suspenseful scenes and the well-crafted plot are also commended, making the book an engaging read. While minor errors are noted, they do not detract significantly from the overall enjoyment. With a rating of 4 out of 5 stars, the book comes highly recommended for fans of crime and mystery genres.
Tomi Ahmed
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fantastic Voyage II
Bookshelf Size: 441
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Writing for the Vialins by Anna Yusuf
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 56%

Post by NetMassimo »

A supernatural mystery can be intriguing and the moral themes being at the center of the novel make it stronger together with the social issues, so I hope the author does another round of proofreading to make it excellent. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”