Review of Plausible Liars

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Guilty of Stealing His Heart by Nancy Lynn White

Re: Review of Plausible Liars

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

Personally, I don't support transgender both for children and adults. It's alarming how this transgender stuff keep increasing everyday. Regardless, I congratulate the author for winning BOTD with this book.
Seamstress
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85

Post by Seamstress »

I am sorry to say, but I absolutely hate everything related to the word "medical". It is a given to begin to dislike it with a prolonged stay in the hospital, especially if it is because of your sick child. Therefore, sorry, but despite your generosity, I prefer to skip the book.
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 206
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

A very interesting debate. Who is responsible for the children's rights? Traditionally, it has been the parents, and the state if the parents have been deemed to be abusive. Teachers, coaches, friends, clergy, social workers, and psychologists can all play a role in providing a child moral support and direction. The child will often get caught between different opinions. I have the feeling that this book examines all of the issues fairly. I am intrigued. This book is on my list to read.
Rose Angela
Favorite Author: Lisa Kleypas
Favorite Book: God of Wrath
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 5547

Post by Rose Angela »

Plausible Liars: A Dr. Lindsey McCall Medical Mystery by Lin Wilder is an intriguing and thought-provoking novel that combines medical research with a dramatic courtroom scenario. The well-developed characters and meticulous attention to detail make it a fascinating read for fans of medical mysteries with a legal twist. 📚🔍
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

"Plausible Liars" by Lin Wilder follows Dr. Lindsey McCall and reporter Kate Townsend as they face federal charges for a hate crime while dealing with the controversial topic of transgender children. The story explores the ethical and social dilemmas of hormone therapy in children through the personal journeys of a teen wanting to detransition and an investigative series on transgender policies.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

Transgender ideology, transitioning and detransitioning are very interesting and relevant topics to be discussed in a book so I’m looking forward to digging into this one to be enlightened and know more.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1952
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Plausible Liars' by Lin Wilder gives us a thorough glimpse into the details of the crime thriller story. It helps the readers understand the plot. The point that the story addresses the practices of hormone therapy on children and the compelling account of a teen wishing to detransition is worth mentioning in the review. Readers would find an inspirational story tackling one of the current social issues seen on television everywhere. Also, as mentioned in the review, the author lists her sources of supporting and opposing gender transition. Learning that Catholicism and transgender ideology are discussed in detail in the book was remarkable!
Deborah Belanger
Currently Reading: The Bulletproof Missionary
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Deborah Belanger »

Thank you for your insightful review on "Plausible Liars" by Lin Wilder. This book is an inspirational story tackling one of the current social issues seen on television everywhere. Is it okay to take a child seriously when they say they want to be a girl when they are a biological male? The story addresses the practices of hormone therapy on children and the compelling account of a teen wishing to detransition. The detailed examination of perspectives from both sides, combined with the emotional depth of the characters, promises a gripping read. The fact that the author backs the narrative with credible sources adds an extra layer of authenticity. I've decided to put this book on my shelf to read because of the information the author has shared in it. It sounds like an interesting read that I could learn more about this subject of transitioning and detransitioning. Congratulations to the author for BOTD.
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

This book covers some highly controversial topics. Joey has recently changed schools and in meeting new people, he has space to consider and reflect on whether his transition from girl to boy is really what he wants. It seems someone is influencing his transition.
Penny Ann Criswell Johnson
Favorite Book: Fasting Firepower
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-ann-criswell-johnson.html
Latest Review: The Freedom Building by Martin Kendall
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 50%

Post by Penny Ann Criswell Johnson »

Plausible Liar sounds like a very interesting book to read. This is a current issue that our country face's, one no one wants to really talk about. I have to admit that the thought of men identifying as woman using the ladies restroom scares me. Especially at school. Great honest review. Thank you
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Priya Murugesan »

This story delves into complex topics like transgender and Catholicism. It looks like a very heavy read. I am not sure if I would like this one.
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 563
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

The theme of this fictitious story seems to revolve around the sensitive social issues of gender transition, and it educates the readers about transgender policies toward children.
Chinazo Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Never Let Go by Sultan Nasser

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

These are very important social topics, and I'm glad the author handled them with care and sensitivity. The issues of child transitioning are quite common these days, and it's important to consider all sides of the story. I'll definitely check this book out.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Out of the Ashes..One Man's Journey by Daniel Ryan
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by Damian Keyes »

I love book topics that start a conversation that we deal with in the real world. The transitioning of kids at a young age is a hot topic that this book will book will show how people on both ends of the spectrum think. I'm definitely adding this thought-provoking book to my must-read list for 2024. Congrats to the author for having the BOTD.
Christopher Okeke 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Christopher Okeke 1 »

Freedom of choice has placed it all on free citizens, gender choice is supposed to be natural regardless of your opinion but people's choice differs. I think this is a must read book for me

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”