Review of Plausible Liars

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 634
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Re: Review of Plausible Liars

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

This will definitely be an interesting read. I have a transgender friend and the process is quite emotional and challenging to say the least. With him, he knew that he wants to be a boy/man from a very young age but only managed to start the process in his twenties, which to my opinion is about the right age. There is however a big difference between transgender and them/they. I personally feel that the them/they situation is putting all us LGBTQ+ back so far regarding acceptance, as people just started to kinda accept the lesbian/gay/transgender etc. communities but now with the them/they's that is so aggressively forcing this down people's throats it causes confusion and hatered against all LGBTQ communities. I personally also feel that you can only be one, either male or female, you can't have it both ways genderwise. If you are interested in both male and female partners then you bisexual and that's 100% but that still doesn't make you a them/they. The problem also is that some of these youngsters are really taking things to far, for example the one day I say a teen trying to explain to her TikTok audience that you can now be classified as a season too🤦‍♀️. It's things like this that causes animosity with regards to acceptance. Thanks for an insightful review.
Last edited by Leonie Vermaak on 26 May 2024, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

Lin Wilder's "Plausible Liars" is an entertaining mystery story that will keep readers engaged from beginning to end. The plot follows Dr. Lindsey McCall, who becomes entangled in a web of secrets and deception while investigating a suspicious death. The characters are well developed, and the plot is filled with unexpected turns. Wilder's language is straightforward and interesting, making it simple to follow the intricate plot. It's an excellent read for anyone who enjoys a good mystery with elements of medical drama and intrigue. If you like suspenseful stories, "Plausible Liars" is a must-read!
Sarvesh J Yadav
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarvesh-j-yadav.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sarvesh J Yadav »

Kate Townsend, the journalist character, brings in the investigative angle, adding another layer of depth and potentially exploring the role of media in responsible reporting on sensitive topics.
Rose Nafula Oketch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-nafula-oketch.html
Latest Review: Harmony, Florida - Living with Nature in a New Town by Anthony James Catanese, Ph.D., FAICP

Post by Rose Nafula Oketch »

"Plausible Liars" addresses the issue of transgender policies and transitioning among children. The topic is controversial and thought-provoking, and I am always open to delving into such topics. I like that the author provides sources for supporting and opposing gender transition. I will definitely read this book. Congratulations on BOTD!
Mercy Bolo
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-bolo.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Mercy Bolo »

The author tackles the touchy subject of gender transition for children. The novel features a teen wishing to detransition after 8 years on hormone blockers. The emotional turmoil in the unfolding events will keep readers glued as they immerse themselves in the dilemma of the adults who orchestrated the situation.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

I believe the topic is intriguing and thought-provoking. I admire the author for discussing all the ramifications of transition. Thanks for the awesome review!
Ohmy Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohmy-book.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Post by Ohmy Book »

Thank you for this insightful and comprehensive review of Lin Wilder’s *Plausible Liars*. As someone new to this book, I truly appreciate the detailed overview you've provided. It’s clear that Wilder tackles complex and timely social issues with nuance and depth. Your mention of the vivid, unpredictable story and well-explored character motivations has piqued my interest. The balance of perspectives, especially concerning such a sensitive topic, sounds commendable. I’m also intrigued by the role of faith and the positive depiction of Catholicism in influencing the characters' decisions. Your recommendation makes this book sound like a must-read for anyone interested in thoughtful explorations of contemporary issues. Thank you for bringing this book to my attention!
Sarvesh J Yadav 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarvesh-j-yadav-1.html
Latest Review: Shelby Morrow - Journals, 1929-1935 by A. C. Holmes

Post by Sarvesh J Yadav 1 »

As a medical professional, Dr. McCall's presence ensures the medical aspects of the story have a layer of authenticity and potentially offer valuable insights.
Gladis Ratish Kumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gladis-ratish-kumar.html
Latest Review: Secret On Cobb Mountain by Kit DeCanti

Post by Gladis Ratish Kumar »

The review offered valuable insights. The book appears intriguing, addressing a controversial topic and incorporating elements of religious faith, which adds further interest. I'm eager to delve into it and see what the author has to offer.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

A book about Catholicism and transgender issues, two perspectives that seem interesting when viewed within a book. Reading your review makes me even more eager to read this book. Thank you for writing it. What a great review.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-suraj.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

Great review with a perfect plot. Thanks for this engaging review.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

Transitioning and detransitioning are sensitive topics, and I feel it is not possible to give an answer one-fits-all. A book where the ideas are based on Christian belief, is likely to not use the correct arguments for me to have an opinion.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: World Tour by Mike Sherer

Post by Veronica Hunter »

Lin Wilder has crafted a powerful and inspirational story in Plausible Liars. The book’s exploration of transgender policies and the challenges faced by those involved is both enlightening and heart-wrenching. Congratulations on the Book of Today. Thanks for the great review.
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: Sent to Watch by David J. Lebenstein
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

This book carries some controversial themes, bringing to light a big problem faced by our modern society. It sounds like a great book to read.well done on the review.
"All I can do is fight, and I intend to. After all, giving up on the process is giving up on the result."
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Mimsy by Don Blossom

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

I can see that "Plausible Liars" by Lin Wilder is the story about Joey as he tries to detransition. Will read to know know the hate crime that Lindsay and Kate committed. Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: Mimsy by Don Blossom

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”