Review of Plausible Liars

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephen Somtochukwu Ezeme
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-somtochukwu-ezeme.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Re: Review of Plausible Liars

Post by Stephen Somtochukwu Ezeme »

This review is so detailed that I fell in love with it. I wouldn't say I like much on the topic of transgender. I believe it should not be permissible both for children and adults, that people should remain in their natural biological self.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Conversations with a Sage by Rand Law

Post by Kibet Hillary »

The closing questions in the final chapter are really thought-provoking. My curiosity is already piqued to know how they are answered in the book and hence I have added it to my shelf. I agree with Father John that one must always count the consequences before any action, but beyond this, it should not deter them if they are driven to help despite them.
Many thanks for the review. :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Dalia Chf
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalia-chf.html
Latest Review: Infinity by Catalina DuBois

Post by Dalia Chf »

This LGBTQ read deals with the theme of gender identity and gender transition and how this delicate subject has a huge impact on people’s psyche. I love that there is a positive effect of Catholicism in this book, thanks for sharing that in your review!
Precious Anavheoba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Teacher by Robert Mitchell

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

Wow! This sounds like a thriller. What will become of Joey? I can't wait to see the insights explored in this thought-provoking novel. I have a lot to say but the subject of discussion is too sensitive for the American or western world.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: I'd Rather Be Dead Than Deaf by E. Adrienne Wilson

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

This is interesting. I once watched a movie where a boy child was pressuring his parents and doctors to give him puberty blockers to transition. They refused. Now reading about Joey who is trying to detransition years after makes me to better understand them. I'd like to read more about this hate crime that Lindsey was charged with.
Eisha Nadeem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eisha-nadeem.html
Latest Review: Behind the Eyes of Zylo Moon by David Nathaniel Nealis

Post by Eisha Nadeem »

The review of "Plausible Liars" effectively highlights the novel's engaging and balanced exploration of controversial social issues, particularly transgender policies and faith. It praises the vivid storytelling, emotional depth, and the thorough examination of both sides of the debate. This insightful review makes it clear that the book is a compelling read for those interested in thought-provoking narratives that tackle current societal dilemmas.
Michael Gambo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-gambo.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Michael Gambo »

I appreciate how the story didn't shy away from difficult questions and presented a balanced view, showing the humanity and struggle on all sides of the issue. This book doesn’t just tell a story; it invites readers to engage in a meaningful dialogue about important social issues.
I believe in something greater than myself.
Shanesha Sammerson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 244
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanesha-sammerson.html
Latest Review: ALAM Beginnings by Akil O. Smith

Post by Shanesha Sammerson »

Thanks for your review. Lin Wilder's *Plausible Liars* sounds like an outstanding exploration of contemporary social issues through a compelling narrative. The story of Dr. Lindsey McCall and Kate Townsend is both heart-wrenching and thought-provoking, diving deep into the moral and ethical challenges surrounding gender identity and medical intervention. Wilder’s ability to present multiple perspectives with empathy and detail makes this book a must-read. I highly recommend it for those who appreciate well-researched, emotionally charged stories that tackle real-world dilemmas.
Runan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by Runan »

This book talks about a gripping issue that is currently making the headlines in society. Through the story about Joey wanting to detransition, Lindsey wanting to help, and Kate’s research on the consequences of allowing preschool kids to transition, readers end up in the courtroom. That was a comprehensive review.
Runan
Khushi Yadav 8
Favorite Book: The Unfakeable Code®
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushi-yadav-8.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 17%

Post by Khushi Yadav 8 »

I didn't understand the gist of the review. What it was trying to say is little complex. But all I get from the review that it was trying to deliver the message about Transgender and faith in catholics.
Tejas Koli
Favorite Book: The Great Migration
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tejas-koli.html
Latest Review: Mithra by John M. Rattenbury
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 148%

Post by Tejas Koli »

Wow, *Plausible Liars* by Lin Wilder sounds like an incredibly thought-provoking read! Tackling the complex issues of gender transition in children, faith, and personal choice, this book seems to delve deep into the moral and ethical questions of our time. The balanced perspective and vivid storytelling have really piqued my interest. Definitely adding this to my reading list! 📚✨
Krebs Karen
Currently Reading: The Fish House
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krebs-karen.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Krebs Karen »

This book is a book mostly focused on transphobic issues and the issue of changing one's gender. I would love to read this book to know more a about what this book talks about. Congrats on being book of the day!
Krebs Karen
Currently Reading: The Fish House
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krebs-karen.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Krebs Karen »

This book talks about being transphobic and the idea of one changing their gender. I would love to read this book to know what it truly entails. Congrats on being book of the day!
grace ruhara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-ruhara.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa

Post by grace ruhara »

Kate article seems to be thought provoking and I am definitely eager to have a look at it and see things from her perspective.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: What Happened To Flynn by Pat Muir

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

Plausible Liars by Lin Wilder offers an insightful look into the complexities of gender identity and medical ethics. The author’s willingness to engage with such challenging subjects is truly commendable, making this book both relevant and impactful.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”