Official Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ajain12
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajain12.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Re: Official Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Ajain12 »

"East Wind" by Jack Winnick delivers an engaging spy thriller with well-developed characters and a gripping plot. Its narrative perspective shifts and character depth elevate it above typical espionage fare.
MAHAD BAIG MIRZA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahad-baig-mirza.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by MAHAD BAIG MIRZA »

Cristina Chifane's review of East Wind by Jack Winnick contains all details in it which make you know deeply about the book from the outset. The five paragraph review is very clear and coherent. The beginning paragraph talks about the background story and sets the stage for the readers very excitingly to probe more into the facts of the book. The coming paragraphs introduced main characters and important scenes of the book. The thrill, climax and uncertainty every flavour of the book is shared in this review to an introductory extent , leaving the readers curious and excited about knowing more about the story.

The reviewer clearly mentioned about what made this novel stand out from other normal spy novels. She also shared what she really liked about the story. She highlighted the fact that there are handful of errors in it only. Finally, she gave it a 4 out of 4 star rating with a rationale and recommended it to other readers who like to read about thrill based novels which involve terrorist attacks. It was quality review to read through.
Leah Castillo 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Leah Castillo 1 »

Personally I don't like book like this but it would be a great book for those who like terrorism. The way it is narrated would definitely bring thrill to readers that enjoy a book like this. Also great way talk about what is happening in today's world.
Anu Anand
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Anu Anand »

Lara and Uri are main characters in the exciting spy story 'East Wind' by Jack Winnick. Their partnership unfolds amidst a race against time to thwart terrorism, showcasing their courage and intelligence. Congrats on BOTD!
Amos Osinya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amos-osinya.html
Latest Review: Swallows Also Fall by CR Armeny

Post by Amos Osinya »

The mention of detectives like Mossad excites me. I would like to follow the story to the very end. Getting to know much about Uri and his colleague agents who have decided to do their best to save innocent lives. It must be an exciting story indeed.
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 819
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: When the Tamarind Tree Blooms by Elaine Russell
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

The novel's focus on the joint action of government forces and the budding romance between Uri and Lara adds a unique twist to the typical spy novel.
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
truekhristian
Currently Reading: A Discovery of Time and Space
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by truekhristian »

Your review corroborates the feeling that I got after reading the sample of the prologue and first four chapters of East Wind, in that, the development of the main characters introduced namely, Uri, Lara and Walid was well done and their background stories realistic and believable. I appreciate that you mentioned that the book does justice to its genre as this encourages me to read it especially since you noted that the gore it contains is not substantial.
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading: Secrets of the Kashmir Valley
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-tush4christ.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Elizabeth-Tush4Christ »

This is a fictional series filled with action, thriller, and mystery. It embodies suspense as the detectives navigate the threat. Another interesting read on Lara and Uri.
That I may know Him :arrow: Philippians 3:10
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting thriller novel following Lara and Uri, two government agents, as they pursue and attempt to stop a terrorist group from using a nuclear fission bomb that is being smuggled into the US. It might be worth a second look. Well done. Congrats!
_Rhea Jacob
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

It looks like another interesting thriller with a hint of romance novel featuring Lara and Uri as they are paired together for missions. Thank you for your review!
Azi Joseph
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azi-joseph.html
Latest Review: Living a Life in Balance by Abdullah Boulad

Post by Azi Joseph »

East Wind, 2nd edition" by Jack Winnick. Thank you for the review I like the title I love reading reviews like this one that clearly explain what happened in the book how the Special Operations arm of the Israeli Mossad Lara and Uri rose to defend the innocents in the book congratulations on your BOTD
abderrahman El achari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abderrahman-el-achari.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 33
2024 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by abderrahman El achari »

The book "East Wind, 2nd edition" by Jack Winnick is a novel that tells the story of intelligence, whether the Zionist Mossad or the American Federal Intelligence, on the one hand, and on the other hand, the story of the pro-Iranian Hezbollah and its nuclear weapons operation. Good review :techie-studyingbrown:
my regards
Annabell Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annabell-samuel.html
Latest Review: Ghost With Two Hearts by michael r french

Post by Annabell Samuel »

Wow! To think that terrorism takes years and resources to plan is fascinating. This book seems eye-opening. I'd love to read this book to know what makes terrorists tick.
Michael Gambo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-gambo.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Michael Gambo »

"East Wind" isn't just another spy thriller; it's a gripping tale that delves deep into the psyche of its characters, presenting a nuanced exploration of loyalty, morality, and the complex motivations that drive individuals to make life-altering choices.
I believe in something greater than myself.
Rose Angela
Favorite Author: Lisa Kleypas
Favorite Book: God of Wrath
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 5547

Post by Rose Angela »

The novel unabashedly displays animosity towards Muslims and Islamic fundamentalism, rather than addressing the chaos instigated by extremists and sectarianism. It portrays individuals who present themselves as devout scholars and messengers of God, yet in reality, they perpetrate chaos, racism, and religious intolerance.

Furthermore, the novel includes a quote attributed to Mohammad SAW and Ibn Hatim that is historically inaccurate, showcasing the author's lack of knowledge. Additionally, the portrayal of Palestine and the Middle East, depicting them as cruel towards Jews, disregards historical facts. Palestine, in fact, welcomed Holocaust survivors when the rest of the world turned them away. This bias reflects the author's true intentions: to vilify Muslims and Islam by presenting a one-sided narrative while overlooking Western atrocities.
Israel is the cruel terrorist state who invaded Palestine and Lebanon. We can see how Israel is doing genocide on innocent civilians of Gaza.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”