Featured Official Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer [December 2019 Book of the Month]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Re: Featured Official Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer [December 2019 Book of the Month]

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

I'm already done reading this book. Indeed, the depiction of characters seems realistic. One thing that is quite interesting is how the couple was able to solve the mystery during their honeymoon.
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Post by Tosin Le »

What an investigative and love story filled with twists. Kelly and Tom's honeymoon period gets cut short because of news of a possible terrorist attack. I hope the terrorists were caught in the end. Congrats on BOTD.
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

A fast-paced action novel set in Honduras while Kelly and Tom are on honeymoon. The plot of stopping terrorists while they're on holiday sounds intriguing. It's also great to see from your review that it would be a book I'd likely enjoy! I will add it to my reading list. Congrats to the author on BOTD!
enock momany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enock-momany.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by enock momany »

Thank you for your positive review of E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer! It's great to hear that you found the plot fast-paced and engaging, with the author skillfully incorporating humor to lighten the story. The use of multiple perspectives was well executed and provided an interesting view of the world through different characters' eyes. The subtle references to the real world added an extra layer of realism, enhancing your reading experience.
Ams Strong
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ams-strong.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell

Post by Ams Strong »

Great review. I do not think the fast pace was to be blamed for the lack of suspense but rather the absence of a sufficiently challenging enemy to the main characters.
Abraham Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Post by Abraham Ozo »

The subtle real-world references add an authentic touch to the story, making it more relatable and enjoyable. It was indeed a lovely book and I may go back to it.
Kornelia Georgieva
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kornelia-georgieva.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Kornelia Georgieva »

One of the primary concerns for me was the narrative structure. The frequent jumping back and forth in time, particularly from the initial panicky phone call that Kelly makes to her brother Mike to various events that occur earlier and later in the story, makes for a confusing and convoluted opening. A more straightforward chronological approach could have offered a more exciting and accessible start to the story.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”